Who else due in May?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
205 replies to this topic

#1 robin_sparkles

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

Hi everyone, I'm due May 13th with baby #2.

Who else is joining me on this rollercoaster?

I'm feeling excited and in shock and nervous!

#2 Inda

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

Yep, but it hasn't sunk in yet! #1 and from what I can work out I'll be due around the 15th (2 days before dp 30th!) but I'm not 100% sure as I have irregular cycles and have seen 2 different dates. Tested with a strong line yesterday and also this morning. Bought some digitals today to give a go and have made a Dr appointment for Thursday. Hopefully that will help it sink in.

Edited by Inda, 04 September 2017 - 04:38 PM.

#3 em_win

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:59 PM

Hi ladies!
Strong BFP on Saturday, had bloods at the GP today.

EDD 11 May-ish

So excited to be here with you all 😊

#4 Beccy72

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

Hello everyone
I'm so glad this group is finally open ive been read the other months but didn't want to intrude.
My EDD is the 4th of may but as ive had two previous c sections i will be needing another one.

I've been nauseas for the last week but today M/S really hit me and ive thrown up 3 times today, my first pregnancy spew lol. How's everyone else doing with symtopms? Ive also been so tired for the last week been sneaking naps most days.

#5 SweetSarah

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

Hello! I'm also so glad this group has opened up, been stalking like mad since I got my bfp 2 weeks ago. My EDD based on dates is 1 May. Really need to get to the doc this week for bloods though.

Sorry to hear you're sick Beccy72. I've been throwing up too. It's awful isn't it?! This will be my second Bub if all goes well (DD will be 3 in May), and my 4th pregnancy after two early miscarriages. Fingers crossed for everyone looking forward to hearing your stories xxx

#6 onetrick

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Hi! Yay we have a group :)
Atm, we are guessing that my EDD is 2nd May, but I'm doing a dating scan next week to check (partly cause the doctor recommended it, partly cause I want to see the baby on the screen and make sure it's real and not just weird symptoms lol).

I saw my doctor last week for bloods, but she has asked me to look into the public vs private for the birth before I go back next week- it all seems to be happening so quickly! I only had 2 little lines a week and a bit ago...

As for symptoms- I've been nauseous (but not sick, just the constant not-quite-ok feeling), and I keep needing to sleep earlier, and waking up early (yet consuming less caffeine...). I'm kind of constantly in need of a little food, rather than starving at mealtimes, which is hard to get used to, too.... so nothing horrible, but there are definitely symptoms :)

#7 KatyLu

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

Hi all! I've been popping in and out of the April group but I'm actually due around the 3rd of May or so. Have a dating scan in a couple of weeks to confirm as my cycles are quite irregular!

This will be #2 for me, I have a 20 month old daughter! A bit worried about the age gap!

I still chat to the mums in my first DIG and catch up in real life with some, so can't wait to share this journey with you!

#8 AshloBeans

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

Hi all!
I am tentatively joining this group (but still feeling very nervous after a pregnancy loss in January)!
This will be number 2 for us and EDD approx 6th May
Dating scan booked next week and I can't wait!

#9 MaybeBabyMitchell

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

Hey!

Got a couple of BFP's over the weekend and went to the doctor for blood test today!

Due May 16th.

First baby, first month trying, so a whole crazy whirlwind right now!

Been feeling a couple of waves of nausea too, but now spews yet. But really really really tired!!

#10 robin_sparkles

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

@em_win I'm pretty sure we were in the same DIG with our first bubs!

#11 em_win

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

@robin_sparkles I believe you're right!! 😊 Haha that's great!

#12 SofiG

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

Hi!  I'm cautiously, but excitedly joining this group.  Had 3 BFP over the last 3 days.  Still very early days though as I'll only be 4weeks tomorrow.  EDD 16th May.  This will be my 3rd baby.  Have a DD who is 3.5 and DS who is 1.5. For all three I've done injections to induce ovulation so the fertility centre will continue with blood tests starting from tomorrow.

Great to have some people to chat to as I don't want to tell many other people so early after having an early miscarriage once in the past.

#13 Zel lala

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

Congratulations everyone!

EDD is 5th May. I had bloods done Friday and have a follow up with GP later this week.

This is our 1st pregnancy and we've decided to go private.

I've got an appt booked with an OB at the start of October. We'll have our first scan then as well, which I'm sooo excited about!

It's all so surreal still!

#14 vanilla_bear

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

Congratulations everyone! I have been waiting for this group to start up, I am due with bub number 2 on 1 May. Conceived fourth cycle trying.

Sorry to hear about your losses Sweet Sarah and Ashlo Beans, I hope we all have sticky babies and an uneventful nine months ahead.

I am six weeks today and have manageable nausea so far - the kind where if you constantly shove carbohydrates in your gob you feel better. I was quite sick with my DS and am very much hoping for an easier second pregnancy.

I have a dating scan next week and I'm hoping to see a strong heartbeat and baby in the right spot.

We're in good company with Princess Kate pregnant again! I shared my last pregnancy with her too! She is a champ going back for more with HG.

#15 SociallyAwkward

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

Yay congrats on all the BFP's!
I'm due around the 4th I think with baby #4. Excited to share this journey with you all. So far I'm feeling exhausted other than that I feel fine so far.. *touch wood*

#16 SweetSarah

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

There's a few of us already,  that's awesome! Vanilla_bear when's your son's birthday? I shared my last pregnancy with Princess Kate too - My daughter was born 15 May 2015. Like her I had HG too and Charlotte was top of my name list - luckily husband didn't like it!

I was really hoping to feel better this pregnancy but it's not looking good. I'm already finding it hard to keep food down. Last time it was like that until 38 weeks so I'm really hoping not to repeat that.  It's so hard to go from wanting to be pregnant to feeling miserable about it but I know it'll be worth it in the end.

#17 weretron

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:56 AM

Hello! So glad this thread is open and super excited to see replies from everyone!

EDD is 10 May (based on due date calculators).

It's our first after 2 mths trying so I know how you feel @MaybeBabyMitchell, it's all happening so fast.

Am only 5w 2d and I feel as if I'm bursting to share the news with friends  (have told family) but have to wait.

#18 em_win

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:02 AM

Just got bloods back from GP, all looks good! Happy dance! Dating scan booked in for 8 weeks.

I'm hoping to go public through the birth centre again but a little worried I'll get push back for being 'high risk' (DS arrived at 36 weeks, spontaneous preterm, it runs in the family) fingers crossed 🤞

I'm dying to tell people, I was so cautious with DS and didn't tell ppl until almost 20 weeks! I think I'll show early this time though, I'm nowhere near as fit!!

#19 SociallyAwkward

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:44 AM

I think I jinxed myself! Heartburn and slight nausea now. Just telling myself that means baby is strong and sticky.

Dd1 keeps telling people lol no secrets here.

#20 Beccy72

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

Haha Yes it is hard for the kids to keep the secret im not telling my two until I get to 12 weeks they will be so excited but I just know as soon as i tell them everyone will know lol

#21 KatyLu

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:25 PM

SweetSarah, that sounds awful you poor thing! I'm praying you have an easier journey this time around.

With my DD1 I was sick for the entire first trimester but then fine after that. I think this pregnancy might be the same... had a few spews today 🤢

Em_win I hope you get into the birth centre! I went public last pregnancy with midwife care in the midwife program and it was awesome, I loved the care that I received and had a great birth for $0! So I'm hoping I can get into that again, too!

How is everyone else feeling?

Those who have other little ones, how old are they? My daughter will be 28 months ish when this one is born and I'm freaking out about the age gap a little!

#22 Tizzy

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:50 PM

Hi Ladies.

Hoping to join too expecting #2 and dd is 1st May according to an early scan this week but have another booked next week so will hopefully confirm date 👍.
No ms so far but bloating, fatigue and excess saliva all of which I had with my dd.
Hope your all going well.

#23 weretron

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:03 PM

no m/s either, i've been really bloated and gassy at work which is kind of embarrassing. and have sore boobs.

#24 em_win

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

View PostKatyLu, on 06 September 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Those who have other little ones, how old are they? My daughter will be 28 months ish when this one is born and I'm freaking out about the age gap a little!

Mine will be almost 3 years (DS is 2 now).

#25 Tizzy

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:21 PM

View PostKatyLu, on 06 September 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

SweetSarah, that sounds awful you poor thing! I'm praying you have an easier journey this time around.

With my DD1 I was sick for the entire first trimester but then fine after that. I think this pregnancy might be the same... had a few spews today 🤢

Em_win I hope you get into the birth centre! I went public last pregnancy with midwife care in the midwife program and it was awesome, I loved the care that I received and had a great birth for $0! So I'm hoping I can get into that again, too!

How is everyone else feeling?

My dd will be almost 3.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.