Who else due in May?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
205 replies to this topic

#26 anniej3

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:04 PM

Hi everyone, I am due 7th May with #2. So far feeling pretty good other than tired and just really looking forward to that first scan to make it feel real.

#27 AshloBeans

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:56 AM

My daughter will be 2.5 when new bubs arrives.

Had some spotting yesterday though so now a nervous wait until scan next week!!

Where is everybody located?

#28 Beccy72

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

My daughter will be 7 and a half and my son will be 5 and a bit by the time this one arrives so a decent gap lol. We are in Sydney.

#29 Hummingbird82

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm tentatively joining after a miscarriage at 8 weeks in May. I feel very fortunate to have got pregnant so soon after my loss and hope this is a sticky bean.

Currently 13dpo and got a faint positive on 10dpo. We have a six year old son and also had a miscarriage before we conceived him. My EDD is May 19th.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing this experience with you all.

I'm off to the GP to request bloods this morning and to get my throat checked out. I got a nasty strep infection in March when I got pregnant which resulted in a rash all over my body (Guttate psoriasis) which may have contributed to our loss back then. Fingers crossed it's just a regular virus.

#30 Inda

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:50 PM

Hi Ladies, how is everyone going?

I've been to the Dr and was a little disappointed with the information she gave. She sent me for a blood test and said when the results come back we will organise dating scans etc. so obviously they can't do/say much until the bloods come back... I was obviously expecting more. But then I went to get the bloods and the nurse had trouble getting much from my veins (they always have trouble getting my veins to give much), she needed 3-4 vials and got half of 1! So now I've got to go back and try again tomorrow for the rest. Which means all my results won't be back till Monday/Tuesday which is frustrating!

Other then that I am going well, had some slight watery spotting yesterday which scared me a little. Was only twice(when wiping) and Dr wasn't worried. Have had some lower abdominal pains/cramps on and off and felt uncomfortable a bit but they seem to have subsided now and Dr said unless it is painful and/or spotting increases not to worry. Easier said then done!
Apart from sore boobs, some bloating and occasional slight nausea, I haven't had any symptoms yet.

Bring on more jabs tomorrow. I can't wait for my results so I can know everything is ok.

Edit to say sorry for the long post.

Edited by Inda, 07 September 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#31 SofiG

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

I had a blood test yesterday at exactly 4 weeks and hcg was 117. So all looking ok so far.

My dd will be 4 and ds will be 2 once bub arrives.

Im from Canberra

#32 em_win

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:31 PM

View PostInda, on 07 September 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

I've been to the Dr and was a little disappointed with the information she gave. She sent me for a blood test and said when the results come back we will organise dating scans etc. so obviously they can't do/say much until the bloods come back... I was obviously expecting more. But then I went to get the bloods and the nurse had trouble getting much from my veins (they always have trouble getting my veins to give much), she needed 3-4 vials and got half of 1! So now I've got to go back and try again tomorrow for the rest. Which means all my results won't be back till Monday/Tuesday which is frustrating!

I'm terrible with blood tests too, they always struggle to find a vein (I must have little veins 🙈) and I usually faint/black out/ see spots. So embarrassing!

Hmm, I got the dating scan referral at the same time as the referral for bloods. I wonder if it's because it's my 2nd? Or because it was a cheapie medical centre? It doesn't really make a difference in the long run, still have to wait til 8 weeks til the scan so I wouldn't worry too much.

On that note, does anyone know if you should wait til after the dating scan results to book in your first antenatal visit or just book now and tell them you'll bring the results? Technically won't know EDD til the scan. I feel like I'm just sitting around for the next month!

#33 weretron

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

I know how you feel, there's a lot of waiting around and not knowing if things are going to turn out ok?

I got my blood test results earlier this week. HCG was at 1927 which she said was in the normal range for 5 weeks. Also found out I don't have measles immunity! Don't know how that managed to slip past the cracks (as I did have a preconception blood test) however it is now too late to vaccinate =( Guess I will just avoid anyone with spots like the plague.

#34 Inda

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

I'm not sure Em. Just got the feeling she didn't want to organise anything until the blood results came back...
Hopefully it just means I don't have as long waiting for the first scan.

#35 babycakes118

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

Im here too due may 10th.  5 weeks today. Has anyone had hcg checked.  Im nervous about my results

#36 SofiG

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

Em i think I'll book an obstetrician appointment in the next week or so only because they book up quickly and then just take my results. I know if public here though the gp puts in a referral and you wait till they call you for an appointment

#37 babycakes118

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

Is anyone else nervous? Ive had 2 previous miscarriages one in 2007 and one in 2010.
I have 4 children. X

#38 SofiG

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

View Postbabycakes118, on 07 September 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

Is anyone else nervous? Ive had 2 previous miscarriages one in 2007 and one in 2010.
I have 4 children. X

I had a miscarriage the month before i fell pregnant with my son. And this time fell pregnant first month trying so it feels too good to be true. So feeling a bit anxious about having another one

#39 Tizzy

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:55 PM

I have 4 children. X

I've had 3, 2 before dd and 1 last year when we startef trying for #2. I had a dnc for that mmc and ended up with Ashermans so had surgery 4 months ago and this bfp was my 3rd cycle after my hysteroscopy. I'm horribly anxious but had great betas and an ultrasound this week. Another booked for next week, one the week after and I'll have another around 10 weeks and then 12 weeks. Its pretty obvious having mmcs has freaked me out a little lol

#40 onetrick

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

definitely freaking out, but I was convinced that we wouldn't get pregnant last month as I didn't feel anything... so now I'm freaking out cause I don't feel much (sore boobs, really tired, and a little cramping and constant nausea... nothing compared to my old PMS symptoms, really?).

Someone asked where we all are- I'm outer east Melbourne :-)

I got my referral for the scan the same time as the referral for bloods, but I have to wait until I am at least 7 weeks (next week!), and I'll see the doctor after that to get the results for both. So much waiting!

I also feel like I hardly know anything and that there's so much to learn! So many choices (still confused about the public vs private- and if private, which OB? thing... so many choices!), and I can't decide based on reading online, and I never get privacy at work, so making phone calls is super hard.

Random question- who have you all told? We want to keep it to ourselves until we see the first scan next week, and then probably still just parents. I've got a 21st tomorrow (my little cousin!), and a wedding in a fortnight, so even though I don't drink much, it's going to be interesting trying to hide not drinking at all...

#41 Hummingbird82

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

I have 4 children. X

Yes I definitely am nervous! Like Tizzy I've only had missed miscarriages. I had some bloods taken today and I'll be requesting a few extra scans. These first weeks are so hard.

#42 babycakes118

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

Fwiw i dont get pregnancy symptoms at all

#43 SofiG

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

One trick, that's why groups like this are good. Can find out people's experiences with private vs public etc and ask questions to people going through the same thing.

As far as hiding not drinking....i had my birthday party when 5wks pregnant last time so everyone would have guessed. So i poured a glass of wine and so did dh and we kept swapping every now and then by putting glasses down etc with him doing all the drinking! Then also just grabbed a cider bottle with brown glass, went to the toilet and tipped it doen the drain and put water in. So looked like i was drinking all night!

#44 SofiG

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:12 PM

Has anyone started a secret facebook group for this group?

#45 KatyLu

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

View Postonetrick, on 07 September 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

Someone asked where we all are- I'm outer east Melbourne :-)

I got my referral for the scan the same time as the referral for bloods, but I have to wait until I am at least 7 weeks (next week!), and I'll see the doctor after that to get the results for both. So much waiting!

I also feel like I hardly know anything and that there's so much to learn! So many choices (still confused about the public vs private- and if private, which OB? thing... so many choices!), and I can't decide based on reading online, and I never get privacy at work, so making phone calls is super hard.

Random question- who have you all told? We want to keep it to ourselves until we see the first scan next week, and then probably still just parents. I've got a 21st tomorrow (my little cousin!), and a wedding in a fortnight, so even though I don't drink much, it's going to be interesting trying to hide not drinking at all...

I'm outer eastern Melbourne, too! *waves*

With my daughter, I went public, and they don't schedule your first appointment until after the 12 week scan, so at around 13 weeks. I went through the midwife program at the Angliss and it was great, had an awesome birth and prenatal care for $0! Haha! But can totally understand why many would go private.

We have told most of our immediate family, apart from my parents who are overseas, but I'll tell them when we get back. I also told a lady at work because it relates to workplace planning for next year! We generally tell people straight away though!

Hope all are traveling well!

#46 KatyLu

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

View PostSofiG, on 07 September 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Has anyone started a secret facebook group for this group?

Not yet I don't think, but I am following closely so I can join! I still love my FB DIG from my DD1!

#47 babycakes118

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

No but a secret facebook pqge would be fab

#48 babycakes118

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

Ive told a couple of friends but no one else. Only because ive needed to talk because I'm so worried.
Hubby wont let me tell anyone else
Pffft.

#49 babycakes118

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

Im hoping to have a scan by the wnd of next week. When im 6 weeks

#50 KatyLu

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:27 PM

My first scan is at 8 weeks, in two weeks time. I didn't want to make it any earlier as I feel like it would make me more stressed if they couldn't find a heartbeat or said it was too early to see anything! I thought by 8 weeks they should be well and truly be able to see if baby is developing and in the right spot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.