Who else due in May?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
205 replies to this topic

#51 onetrick

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

View PostKatyLu, on 07 September 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

I'm outer eastern Melbourne, too! *waves*

With my daughter, I went public, and they don't schedule your first appointment until after the 12 week scan, so at around 13 weeks. I went through the midwife program at the Angliss and it was great, had an awesome birth and prenatal care for $0! Haha! But can totally understand why many would go private.

We have told most of our immediate family, apart from my parents who are overseas, but I'll tell them when we get back. I also told a lady at work because it relates to workplace planning for next year! We generally tell people straight away though!

Hope all are traveling well!

oh, awesome! nice to 'meet' you, too :)

the $0 thing is pretty tempting lol... and I've heard good things about the midwife program, too. my PHI told me (cause I called and asked stupid questions) that if the OB is on the gap scheme that it will only cost me that excess that I have on my hospital cover... so that sounds pretty tempting. I've asked for advice on here (on the hospital board), so I'll look at the options and then see :)

We are pretty private people, and planned the majority of our wedding last year before telling people we were engaged (less opinions that way!), so yeah... I don't think DH will be able to keep it to himself for too much longer though lol

#52 KatyLu

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

View Postonetrick, on 07 September 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

oh, awesome! nice to 'meet' you, too :)

the $0 thing is pretty tempting lol... and I've heard good things about the midwife program, too. my PHI told me (cause I called and asked stupid questions) that if the OB is on the gap scheme that it will only cost me that excess that I have on my hospital cover... so that sounds pretty tempting. I've asked for advice on here (on the hospital board), so I'll look at the options and then see :)

We are pretty private people, and planned the majority of our wedding last year before telling people we were engaged (less opinions that way!), so yeah... I don't think DH will be able to keep it to himself for too much longer though lol

I have private health insurance but with my last pregnancy we investigated OBs and we'd still be out of pocket around $3000-$6000 for all the appointments, scans and the OB management fee. So we decided to go public despite having PHI! Will do the same this time I think. I agree there's so many decisions to make! It can be overwhelming! Hope the decision isn't too tough - these boards are so good with advice on those kinds of things! :-)

#53 KatyLu

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

Onetrick just read your other post and saw that you're with teachers health, me too, another teacher here! Hehe!

#54 SofiG

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

Im with teachers health and a teacher to! We still had to pay $3000 out of pocket both times. No OBs do just the gap here in Canberra

#55 Hummingbird82

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:21 AM

Morning ladies, I'm already not feeling very confident about this pregnancy. I just did a frer at 14dpo and it's quite a lot lighter than my frer at 12dpo. It should be getting darker not lighter. My last pregnancy I miscarried in May didn't have strong dark lines either.

Not much I can do obviously. My second lot of bloods will be taken tomorrow so I'll know whether the hcg is doubling or not. Just hoping that if this doesn't work out it happens soon rather than later and doesn't end in another mmc and d and c.

#56 babycakes118

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

Oh hummingbird.  Im so sorry to hear.
We will keep our fingers crossed for your next lot of bloods. When will u get the results back for them.

#57 AshloBeans

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:03 AM

Hummingbird - I understand your stress - I have similar anxieties after a loss earlier this year. If it makes you feel better the same thing happened to me this time with FRER but my blood tests are looking good! Fingers crossed for you!

#58 Hummingbird82

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:07 AM

View Postbabycakes118, on 08 September 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

Oh hummingbird.  Im so sorry to hear.
We will keep our fingers crossed for your next lot of bloods. When will u get the results back for them.

Thank you babycakes. I'm not sure when I'll get my bloods back. I had some taken yesterday morning and will have the second lot tomorrow morning. Hopefully not too long a wait.

#59 Hummingbird82

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:08 AM

View PostAshloBeans, on 08 September 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

Hummingbird - I understand your stress - I have similar anxieties after a loss earlier this year. If it makes you feel better the same thing happened to me this time with FRER but my blood tests are looking good! Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you AshloBeans, what happened with your frer tests? I'm so glad your bloods are looking good. It's such a hard time after a loss isn't it?

#60 KatyLu

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

Hummingbird I'm so sorry you're going through this stress. Praying for a sticky baby despite the lighter test. Keep us updated xx

#61 Tizzy

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:11 AM

I'm sorry Hummingbird I had to stop testing cause the lines were freaking me out. Fx your betas are good x

#62 em_win

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:20 AM

Fx for you Hummingbird82, don't trust those poas, theres too many variables. I hope the bloods come back good.

I'm a fan of public, but we live in an area with very good public hospitals plus OBs are very expensive (Sydney OBs I've looked into would probably be 10k out of pocket) - for ds our local hospital was one of the better children hospitals so I was confident there were experts if something went wrong, but yes when I called at 10 weeks to book my first visit the midwifery program was already booked out and could only go GP shared care (which was still great). We're in the 'burbs now so I've been told it should be ok. On that note, if anyone has any experiences with Sutherland hospital I'd love to hear them!

I may get a doula or a student midwife. That sort of appeals to me.

All my friends have gone private with OBs, for the record I'm a bit of a hippie and have been really lucky not to need much intervention but they all ended up having complicated births too, so it was better for them in the long run. One day I'll tell you all the birth story, it's a good laugh (DS would have been a home birth if not for my mum!)

#63 Tizzy

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

Em you're lucky you have great public options. We just have one public hospital close by (no private) and I had dd there who was supposed to ve delivered by my pb but she came early on NYE and he was at the fireworks in Sydney lol My midwife delivery was fantastic though.
This time I'll be going private which is 45 minutes away due to my previous losses, I'm now 35 (which apparently makes me old), i have hypothyroidism and most recently Ashermans syndrome. I do share care with my gp though to keep costs down and because she is amazingly supportive and knows my history.

#64 KatyLu

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:15 AM

I loved the care I had in the public system, but the only downfalls are the risk of having a shared room (though I was lucky with my daughter I got my own room) and I was in hospital for less than 48 hours before they sent me home (but I didn't mind - I wanted to go home!) Everything else was fantastic and my birth was great, low-intervention, no complications. Plus it cost nothing! So I'll definitely be doing the same this time, and I'm hoping I can get into the midwife program again!

On a side note - morning sickness sucks 😭 I've been throwing up all morning and have a throbbing headache due to dehydration! Thank goodness it's my day off work but my toddler is demanding my attention! I didn't miss this feeling! 🤢

#65 ODB

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:57 AM

Hi all, I'm hopefully joining you, got my BFP yesterday and I'm still in shock, we've been tying for 8 months and I was starting to think it wouldn't happen for us. But we are so so happy.
I don't know my EDD as I'm irregular but I'm estimating the 17th May.
Heading to the dr shortly to hopefully get a blood test.  
Oh and this is my first pregnancy 😊 I hope it sticks.
Congratulations everyone xx

#66 Inda

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

Welcome and Congrats ODB! I know the feeling of thinking it's never going to happen, we were on month 9 of trying. Also our first. Still hasn't sunk in.

Sorry your not feeling confident Hummingbird. Fingers crossed all your bloods come back perfect.

Just got back from attempt 2 of getting my bloods done and we had success! Got more then enough thankfully. Now just to wait for results, probably Tuesday but I will check with clinic Monday afternoon.

We will be public. Even if I wanted to go private it isn't worth it here, we only have one local maternity ward.

#67 Inda

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

Got the HCG results back, from the blood they did get at yesterdays attempt.. 2889.. Dr seems happy enough. Does that seem right for 4-5 weeks.. ? I have made another appointment for the rest of the results for Wednesday.
Feel better now that I got a HCG reading and that says that we definitely are pregnant lol

Hope everyone else is going ok.

Edited by Inda, 08 September 2017 - 02:28 PM.

#68 CorgiMum

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:58 PM

Hi all and congrats to everyone
We got our BFP 5 days before my period was due and I was so nervous testing but had been feeling a bit different though had felt different and even nauseous the month prior when I thought I was pregnant but wasn't so didn't want to start getting my hopes up too much and then yay a BFP.
Had a miscarriage back in march so feeling nervous but still excited, only 4 months of trying since then but has felt like ages
DD is 17 months and will be 24 months when bub is due, 12th May by dates, a bit nervous of how she will cope as she is a mummies girl

#69 KatyLu

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

Congrats CorgiMum! How exciting.

My daughter is 20 months so will be 2 years 4ish months when this bub is born. She is a total mumma's girl as well and I'm really worried about the close age gap! We weren't expected to get pregnant so soon!

#70 SofiG

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:31 PM

My first two have exactly 2yrs and 3 days between them. And this 3rd bub will be about 2yrs 3mths gap. I like the gap with my first two. It was busy to start with but has worked well as they have gotten older. They play together really well yet i dont feel like i have 2 kids the same age, still definitely one older and one younger

#71 em_win

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Inda those numbers look good, I think we're about the same way along and mine was only 680

Maybe you've got 2 buns in the oven 🙈😂

Edited by em_win, 08 September 2017 - 03:52 PM.

#72 SofiG

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

So i was thinking I could set up a Facebook group for us. But would a couple of others mind being admins as well?

#73 Inda

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

View Postem_win, on 08 September 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

Inda those numbers look good, I think we're about the same way along and mine was only 680

Maybe you've got 2 buns in the oven

Wow, fair difference then, pretty sure we are the same EDD at the moment.

Thats not even a joke my dad is a twin guess we will just have to deal with it if that is what is..
I did sort of ask the Dr if it was ok and she didn't seem surprised or hint at anything like that. Fingers crossed for a healthy singleton though lol

#74 babycakes118

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

Inda. My hcg levels at 5 weeks were 1328
Yours seem great.

#75 Tizzy

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostInda, on 08 September 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

Got the HCG results back, from the blood they did get at yesterdays attempt.. 2889.. Dr seems happy enough. Does that seem right for 4-5 weeks.. ? I have made another appointment for the rest of the results for Wednesday.
Feel better now that I got a HCG reading and that says that we definitely are pregnant lol

Hope everyone else is going ok.

Great numbers Inda and yay for a good blood draw. My betas at 4+1 were 229 and at 5+0 4803 and I had an early scan and just the one growing nicely fx 😁

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.