Outlander

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#1 The Awesome One

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

Can anyone tell me when series 3 starts? I've waited long enough to see my poor Jamie again 😂

#2 Riotproof

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

Sunday on Foxtel I believe.

There was a big thread about it for the other seasons. I'm currently rewatching season 1 and I'm hoping to watch season 2 beforehand, might have to skip an episode or two.

#3 DontKnow2015

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

11th of September on foxtel.  Yeah.  I also just paid for the season pass on itunes today...

#4 Lunafreya

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

Sunday, looking forward to it :)

#5 Mrs Weasley

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:59 PM

Foxtel Showcase, Monday 7:30pm

#6 Scootaloo

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:21 PM

Off to buy a season pass ( yay, love it when you don't need to have Foxtel)

I am trying to get through season 1 &2 at the moment, currently skipping all the yucky bits

#7 liveworkplay

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:28 PM

Still waiting to see if google play comes to the party. They usually wait till the last minute otherwise I'll get it on itines. Was thinking of maybe signing up for the free two weeks of foxtel go....not sure. I think it works out cheaper than iTunes but need to look into it.

Edited by liveworkplay, 07 September 2017 - 08:29 PM.

#8 The Awesome One

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:59 AM

Yay!!!!! Not long at all

#9 Lunafreya

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

I'm in a period drama fB group and a lot of the people in there (mostly Americans) can't stand the sex and violence.

Precious pearl clutchers I call them. It's refreshing how honest they are with it.

#10 Riotproof

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

That's so weird. I'm not a fan of pointless violence, but with outlander it's always part of the story.

#11 Jenflea

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

I can handle sex it's the violence I don't like. It's why I can't watch GoT.
Or anything with zombies.

#12 Lunafreya

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

I think there's a need to show violence in media honestly, as long as it's for the right age group who can understand it. Why? Because war IS violent and wars STILL happen. Hopefully, with people seeing simulated violence portrayed honestly we can prevent future wars.

And the entire series is based around PREVENTING a war that will kill many people!

#13 Jenflea

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

I'm the opposite. I think people get desensitised to violence when they see it as entertainment.

And wars aren't the same as they were 300 years ago, a lot of it is done remotely from a distance, using technology.
Very little of it is hand to hand bloody combat.

#14 Riotproof

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

View PostNastyflea, on 11 September 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

I'm the opposite. I think people get desensitised to violence when they see it as entertainment.

And wars aren't the same as they were 300 years ago, a lot of it is done remotely from a distance, using technology.
Very little of it is hand to hand bloody combat.

I guess it depends on how interesting you find history. You can't look at much of history without encountering war and violence.

#15 Caribou

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:35 PM

does any one know when Outlander is on iTunes? I'm desperately waiting.....

#16 Riotproof

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

Tomorrow, I believe.

#17 Caribou

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

View PostRiotproof, on 11 September 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

Tomorrow, I believe.

View PostRiotproof, on 11 September 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

Tomorrow, I believe.

don't go breaking my heart. :cry:  I needed outlander like, yesterday.

#18 ~littlebirdy~

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:29 PM

Does anyone know if Outlander season 3 will be on the Foxtel Now app (or is it Foxtel Play??)?

#19 pink2

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:35 PM

I thought I could stream it on Foxtel Now after it had played live like I did with GoT. Apparently not :(

#20 Lunafreya

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:22 PM

Watching it now

#21 Mrs Weasley

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:43 PM

You can't stream on demand with Foxtel now, you have to watch it live at 7:30 on showcase

It looks to be a day delayed on iTunes

#22 Expelliarmus

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

I LOVED it.

How will I survive another week until the next installment?

#23 Riotproof

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:37 PM

Expelli, Did you see there's like a 2 week break about halfway? Seriously.

#24 Expelliarmus

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

That's because these TV people are STUPID and don't understand.

Still 2 weeks is better than the stupid massive chasm in the middle of season 1 ...

#25 fraidycat

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:59 PM

Can't watch it anymore as it has too many differences from the book.  Makes it frustrating.  The books are awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.