Body after c section, does everyone have the flap?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 DaLittleEd

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

I had a massive baby (4kg and I am, or used to be, little), put on a massive amount of weight in the pregnancy (25kg+) and had an emergency c-section. Pregnancy resulted in a massive stomach separation (I could get my whole hand in there easily). No flap here, not sure how I avoided that.

Like a PP my stomach is not quite what it used to be but that is mainly due to cupcakes (or in my case biscuits).

#27 Cocoa Trufflespice

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

2 c-sections no flap. I do have a bit of pudge on my lower belly that wasn't there before, however I had two 9 pounders in under 3 years and as I am losing weight it is firming up. The scar is barely visible, 18 months after my second baby.
Good luck!

#28 Cheesy Sanga

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:43 PM

2 giant babies (4kg and 4.6kg) on my scrawny body, 2 vaginal  births, and my tummy is very flappy. That's probably more because I like cake than anything else. When I went off sugar my flappiness reduced a lot.

#29 Birdie88

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:30 PM

Yep, I've had one c-section and I have a flap/overhang thing going on. It's going away though. I think it's partly genetics too, my mum had a c-section and has an overhang.

#30 Fi Fy Festive Fo

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:26 PM

2 c sections and no flap either. Have some dimpling and stretch marks and tummy definitely looks different but still fairly flat.

#31 AdelTwins

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:22 PM

I have a muffin top. It's nowhere near the incision. There's no flap where the scar is.

What is this flap you all speak of? Are you talking about your abdomen? Don't most people have their c-section scar quite low (in the pubic hair)?

Edited by AdelTwins, 20 September 2017 - 12:23 PM.

#32 Popper

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

2 c sections. No flap. My scar is faded and quite small now 2 yrs on...

#33 biscuits

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

I have a massive overhang, kind of looks like a reverse shelf.  I'm not very big but have always had a flabby stomach due to being chubby as a teen.  

No amount of weight loss will remove it in my case,  I think it would require lipo and a whole lot of other work.

#34 Handsfull

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

1 cs twin birth but had massive polyhydraminos so was the size of full term triplets at 27 weeks.  

Great scar can hardly tell but abdo muscles are split and have a “pooch” not too bad but definitely a shelf.

Edited by Handsfull, 20 September 2017 - 07:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.