Due in May 2018 Chat # 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#151 Zel lala

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:37 PM

View Postdoglover, on 30 September 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

I went to my first appointment with the obstetrician (going private). He completed a ultrasound, I thought I was 8 weeks (due to a previous ultrasound), but he confirmed I'm 9 weeks and 5 days. Which makes lots more sense now, as that matches with my date of my last period. So I'm getting closer to the 12 week mark. Going for a harmony test in a week or two. The obstetrician told me that the 12 week ultrasound is the most accurate for a dating scan.
I had bleeding at the start, which turned out to be nothing. I still want to the doctors to get ultrasounds/blood tests to make sure everything was fine.

That's interesting! I'm in a similar situation.
When I went for my dating scan I was told I was 5w5d. I thought I was 7w2d.
I've got my first OB appt Thurs. I'm hoping she will say I'm more closer to my dates!

Yay to being closer to 12 weeks for you! Xx

#152 CoffsJen

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:08 PM

Internet family - we have a heart beat (176) and measuring 8 weeks 4 days. I am crying. Going home to rest.
Looking forward to getting to know you all in the coming days - thank you again for the virtual support, thank goodness for the sisterhood! x x

#153 onetrick

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

Yay, Jen!! That's so exciting :) we'll totally adopt you and be your Internet family (it's so weird how much I think about the people I've never met!) :)

#154 Zel lala

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

That's awesome Jen! So happy for you. Rest up xx

#155 jess.w.

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

Yay Jen!!!! I have goosebumps from reading this - so happy for you. Rest up and take it easy xx

#156 *~*ME*~*

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

Great news Jen.  Did u get bloods done?

#157 McBumcheeks

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

Jen, my thoughts are with you, what a difficult time. I'm sure you'll find good support in here, and I'm so glad to hear that things seem to be going well. It's so surreal hearing a heartbeat inside and it's not yours!

#158 Hummingbird82

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:13 PM

Wonderful news Jen! I'm so pleased for you. Please rest up and stay in touch with the group xxx

#159 loulou1985

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

Hey Jen! Sorry to hear about your situation. Glad you had a reassuring ultrasound..Do you get some follow up in the next few days? I think I'm going to have to buy a sleep bra!

#160 *~*ME*~*

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

How is everyone else travelling

#161 Inexperienced

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

Congratulations bobby! How exciting for you 😊

Jen - Sorry to hear about your spotting and ex partner . I'm  glad to hear that bub is all well. Just rest up 😊

Zel la la - I have no food aversions yet so can't relate. I honestly feel like I've put on a kilo in a week! Ughh.

Doglover - how good is that! 2 weeks closer to the finish line 😊 when did you book in with the ob? Im 5 weeks tomorrow, so I think I need to book soon.

AFM - My frer test line now exceeds the control line in darkness 😊 I had my  bloods drawn today so will be interesting to confirm hcg in comparison to the frer.

I'm finding that I'm dreaming every night and some are turning into nightmares πŸ˜” I'm not sleeping as well or much as I use to. I also need to drink tonnes of water constantly or I start feeling a little off. The constant drinking makes me pee a lot.

#162 loulou1985

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:13 PM

Inexperienced- your symptoms sound exactly like mine! Especially the water thing and no food aversion!

#163 Zel lala

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:57 PM

I'm the same with drinking lots of water. If I don't drink enough I get more nausea!

Only down side is the constant need to pee.

#164 jessekah83

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

Hello! I've been a bit inactive as I've been so very sick. On Wednesday I came down with what I thought was bad morning sickness but progressed to gastro. Saturday I ended up in hospital with dehydration and needed two bags of fluid and iv maxalon... Oh the relief!

On the upside the hospital did a scan (my first) and I'm 6w4d and everything looks well at the moment.

I've woken up feeling sick again but hopefully a maxalon will ease that. Another day of rest I think.

I am behind in reading everyone's replies so will catch up soon. I hope everyone is feeling better than me lol!ν ½νΈ‚ν ½νΈ‚

#165 Inexperienced

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

Loulou - do you think we will get any ms or food aversions? Im feeling pretty grateful I can eat pretty much normally.

Zel lala - the constant need to pee is driving me crazy!and this is only the start πŸ˜‚

Jess - oh no gastro is going around sydney at the moment. My dad has it so I've been avoiding him. I hope you start feeling better and are able to keep some fluids and food down 😊 how awesome is it that you got a scan in while there and all is good with the baby 😊

#166 BugBiEz

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:31 AM

Jess- YAY! so amazing when you hear that heart beat, everything just melts away! I'm so happy for you xx

#167 Hummingbird82

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:56 AM

What bad luck to get gastro Jess. So glad you got to hospital and everything's ok with your baby :-) I hope you're over it soon xx

#168 CoffsJen

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Hello again internet family!
From the couch (my new home 😝) I think I have mostly caught up with everybody else's stories. Thank you all again so much for your kind messages yesterday - spending 6 hours alone in ED you really appreciate mobile phones.  

I have told workmates - mostly because there has been zero option to hide it (how on earth do people hide this?!) and a few close friends. I haven't told immediate family yet - and in light of last weeks events I think I will hold off for a while as it is too overwhelming. I also have other friends ttc so don't want to share with them just yet.  

ME - yes I did bloods, the HCG level was 222,223. Yikes. In the normal range for 8.5 weeks but I guess this is why I feel so ick!
I saw you had a similar issue to me a couple of weeks back - geez it's scarey isn't it? You mentioned a couple of times not feeling your GP is very good. Are theee any other options around you could try instead? I wouldn't cope without a fabulous female GP but understand they aren't always readily available.

Loulou - I have been referred to the EPAS which I am super grateful for, I think I need all the support I can get at the mo.  

Hummingbird  - I am 8 years older than my little brother.  My mum always said she thought the age gap was great as she had helpers.

My major issue apart from the utter exhaustion has been food - so many aversions, multiplied by so much you can't eat, and wanting to eat well and feeling hungry but then being full in 3 mouthfuls - argh. I have decided this is getting better after 10 weeks. Right?!

#169 CoffsJen

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

View PostHummingbird82, on 01 October 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

What bad luck to get gastro Jess. So glad you got to hospital and everything's ok with your baby :-) I hope you're over it soon xx

Yes Jess absolutely that must be awful for you - hope you feel better asap x x

#170 *~*ME*~*

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

Jen yes my dr was worrying me with hcg numbers and the fact they werent doubling every 2 days even tho from 7 weeks they arent meant to. So i found me a new dr who has me booked in for another appt wed and hopefully another ultrasound this week.

#171 doglover

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

Inexperienced: I booked in with my OB when I thought I was 7 weeks. I found out I was pregnant when I was 6 weeks though, so i took a week to decide whether to go public or private and choose a OB. Then decided to use the same OB as my mum used when I was born!

Nearly 10 weeks now. It puts my due date the start of May/end of April. I'll know my dates between when I go for my 12 week ultrasound!

#172 McBumcheeks

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

Hi everyone, just catching up on all your stories. Rotten luck with the gastro Jess :( but glad things are getting better.

I'm sorry to say that I've had nausea all day and it's getting worse tonight. I'm 7w2d and this is the first day I've had it consistently. Dammit, thought I was going to get away with it! I feel better after eating but then it comes back later.

I got to tell my dad today. He was really chuffed. That's the good news :)

#173 Hummingbird82

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

Hi Everyone, I hope you're all well. I was up half the night with insomnia (normally I sleep like a log!) So was pretty tired today.

Mcbumcheeks - I'm 7 weeks 2 days today too and have felt so sick all day. It's been pretty constant from 5 weeks but today was extra bad. How funny that was the same for you too. Great news about telling your dad!

Jen - thanks for the reassurance about the large age gap. Ds loves helping which should be useful!

Doglover - I can't believe you're nearly ten weeks! How exciting.

Me - nice one on getting a new GP. It makes all the difference when you have good doctors etc.

Fingers crossed for some sleep tonight!!

#174 loulou1985

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

I've had a bit of nausea but i have a fear of vomiting so with any sign of nausea I quickly take ondansetron and it's amazing! My sleep has been poor too. My discharge seems to have increased and I constantly feel wet! 6 weeks today! Ugh only half way through 1st trimester! Time drags so much!!

#175 McBumcheeks

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:17 AM

Loulou, that sucks, glad you can treat it though.

Hummingbird, I've had insomnia too. I'm so sleepy in the afternoon and then I have trouble falling asleep. It doesn't help that the neighbour's dog barks at night, last night it was at 11.30pm for about an hour and the night before it was at about 3.30am. No I can't talk to my neighbours about it. They simply don't care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.