Due in May 2018 Chat # 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#26 Hummingbird82

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

View Post*~*ME*~*, on 25 September 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

I had good ultrasound results but my dr is stressing me out. She says my hcg levels arent rising enough

So she wantw me to have bloods every 2 days
But im not going to. Dont need the stress.

Surely hcg shouldnt matter once youve seen a viable heartbeat

Ultrasound scans are definitely more reliable than hcg once a heartbeat is detected. Blood drawn every two days would really stress me out. I think that's a wise choice not to do that. You have had great scan results so far xxx

#27 loulou1985

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

I'd just wait now unless you are bleeding or have reason to be concerned..even then, there is nothing that can be done to stop a miscarriage if it's going to happen. I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now by having this mindset..just trying to carry on life as normal.

#28 Inexperienced

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

Hummingbird - I  will definitely need and appreciate the support. I freak out at the slightest bit of cramping at the moment. It sucks ☹

Maybebaby - looks like we are all in the same boat!

Inda - when did the nausea set in? How are you planning to announce it to your family?

Loulou - I'm glad that you have are more relaxed. The stress doesn't help anything. Im trying to be more relaxed myself.

Me - I agree with you, the bloods every 2 days is just added stress you don't need. I wouldn't worry about it considering your ultrasound is good.

Edited by Inexperienced, 25 September 2017 - 09:41 PM.

#29 *~*ME*~*

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

Inexperienced.  I had a lot of cramping on and off until recently.
Basically from the time i found out i was pregnant to about a week ago.
Its all good to have cramping/ stretching pain.
But we are here to support you.

So as for me i dont want to get too excited because my dr is a tool. Lol

Im not going to so bloods but will have a repeat scan in 2 weeks just to check baby.

At least yesterday baby had a heartbeat and all was well
Hcg is silly and mines doubling about every 6 days but i am 7 weeks and 5 days. It was doubling every 2 until 6 weeks and 4 days. So i think i need to be happy qnd hope the Next two weeks fly by
Anyone have scans booked soon?

#30 Hummingbird82

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:11 AM

Inexperienced - I found that initially had a bit of a freak out but since then I've just gone with the flow. The outcome will be whatever it will be, and I'm telling myself that worrying about miscarriage won't change the outcome. hugs to you.

Loulou - I'm similar in that I'm trying to continue as normal. I stopped playing tennis when I found out I was pregnant last time and then had a.miscarriage anyway and decided this time I would keep playing. I love it so much and it's so good for my mental wellbeing!

Me - I would be thrilled with your scan results! Hoping for a heartbeat at my scan next Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

#31 onetrick

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:09 AM

I don't even know my HCG levels and wouldn't understand them if I did. Saw a baby on the scan so that's it until my 11 week tests...
I feel weird right now- I know there's a baby inside me (and it's letting me know it's there with the horrible nausea!!), but cause I can't feel anything yet (obviously) it seems like such a strange thing... like- is it all in my head? I'm such a planner that I want to look into all of the baby things and start clearing out the room we will use... but it doesn't seem real yet. Very glad for holidays for 2 weeks where I don't need to work to a schedule for food and bathroom breaks!
Told mum and she wants to tell everyone but knows to wait until the next scan (12-13 weeks) just in case there are issues.
And that's my stream of consciousness for today lol

#32 Hummingbird82

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

Hi One Trick, I can totally relate. Because it's not common knowledge it can feel like it's all in your head! Great news about your scan. When is your next one?

#33 onetrick

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:21 AM

I'm 9 weeks today and the next blood test is in week 11 and scan is week 12-13 I think? So it feels like forever away...
It feels like I'm just being anti social (feeling nauseous and not being able to eat as normal isn't exactly making me want to catch up with everyone like I normally do in the school holiday break!), but I guess 12-13 weeks is not that far away in the scene of things! Plus it will be nice to have a scan where it actually looks like a baby and not a blob lol

#34 Inda

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

Hummingbird - All I keep thinking is how do people cope with this as there second! I dunno how they deal with a toddler as well! Not too bad today thankfully. Yesterday was not nice..

Inexperienced - I have had slight nausea for a week or so, probably since somewhere in the 5th week but only really kicked in last week. Last Tuesday was my first puke.. so I was 6 +5. I'll be 8 weeks since LMP on Thursday.
Not sure how I'm going to announce it as yet. We are the last (on both sides) to have kids so they are all already grandparents. Was thinking about getting some booties in a nice little gift box for each, with a note say some sort of announcement.

I am also just trying to keep going and not sweat on the what if's while waiting for my scan. I have had spotting but its not red/blood type and its only small amounts occasionally and I'm noticing mainly after bowel movement (sorry for TMI). As Hummingbird said, what will be will be. Not much we can do until we know more..

#35 loulou1985

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:04 PM

I too feel like it's in my head! Not nauseous yet either, just really tired but having trouble sleeping. My work roster is pretty nice for the next couple of weeks meaning I'm getting a lot of time to rest. I also want to just buy baby things.

Edited by loulou1985, 26 September 2017 - 09:14 PM.

#36 Inexperienced

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

I can agree with you loulou. I feel like its a bit in my head at the moment. I also have no nausea which I'm greatful not to have. I've been a bit fatigued too. I cant wait to see my little blob on screen!

Inda - hope it eases off a bit for you. Announcements are so had. I'm trying to work out when and how I'll be announcing it.

Me - glad to hear I'm not the only onw cramping.

#37 loulou1985

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

I'm still getting mild cramping too..and a bit wet iykwim so keep thinking I'm bleeding! Us booked for next Wed! I'm feeling much better about this one than the last one!

#38 Hummingbird82

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:33 PM

View Postloulou1985, on 26 September 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

I'm still getting mild cramping too..and a bit wet iykwim so keep thinking I'm bleeding! Us booked for next Wed! I'm feeling much better about this one than the last one!

I am too loulou! Fingers crossed these are our rainbow babies. I definitely didn't feel this sick when I was pregnant last time. Good luck with your scan on Wednesday :-)

#39 Hummingbird82

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

View Postonetrick, on 26 September 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

I'm 9 weeks today and the next blood test is in week 11 and scan is week 12-13 I think? So it feels like forever away...
It feels like I'm just being anti social (feeling nauseous and not being able to eat as normal isn't exactly making me want to catch up with everyone like I normally do in the school holiday break!), but I guess 12-13 weeks is not that far away in the scene of things! Plus it will be nice to have a scan where it actually looks like a baby and not a blob lol

That's awesome you're already 9 weeks! Not long until 12 weeks for you!

#40 Hummingbird82

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Inda - I don't know how people do it when they are vomiting and with a toddler! Women are pretty tough! I hope it's not too bad for you.

I'm craving Asian food - laksa, congee, miso. Can't get enough! And kombucha. Very strange. Everything else makes me feel very sick indeed.

Anyone else have some strange cravings/aversions?

#41 loulou1985

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

Be careful with the bean sprouts! I'm just not that hungry at the moment!

#42 Inexperienced

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:13 PM

I'm super hungry and eating too much.So far I've been craving fresh fruits, I wonder when I'll be getting aversions.

#43 *~*ME*~*

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

Im hungry but bloated if that makes sense.and ive gone off tea.
Its weird im hungry but dont like anything. Haha.

#44 Hummingbird82

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:56 PM

Thanks for the reminder about the bean sprouts loulou! Good news about your roster by the way. What do you do? I did shift work for ten years and it can really affect you!

Inexperienced - I am loving oranges and kiwis. I guess that vitamin c must be good for us?

Me - I totally know what you mean. Hungry but don't want anything - except Asian food ;-)

#45 loulou1985

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

I'm a doctor :)

Thought I should add that my obs knowledge is very limited :p

Edited by loulou1985, 26 September 2017 - 09:11 PM.

#46 Hummingbird82

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

Wow - that's very hard work! What area of medicine do you work in? Not obstetrics by any chance ;-) that would be handy!

#47 loulou1985

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

Emergency so ectopics are the main thing I deal with and 1st trimester bleeds :p

What does everyone else do?

Edited by loulou1985, 26 September 2017 - 09:16 PM.

#48 Hummingbird82

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

Wow - that's such a great area to work in. I was in the police for ten years but recently resigned for a few different reasons. I'm very lucky that I can feel sick at home rather than go to work at the moment.

#49 *~*ME*~*

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:52 AM

I work in child care.
Well i did. For some reason im not on tje roster any more :(

#50 *~*ME*~*

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

Now ladies i need advice

I said i wasn't going to get the bloods done the dr wants me to get. But im curious..

So should i or shouldn't i

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.