Due in May 2018 Chat # 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#51 Hummingbird82

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:47 AM

I personally wouldn't Me. You've had great scans. I'd wait until the next scan. But obviously it's up to you :-)

#52 onetrick

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:06 AM

I know nothin about bloods other than what I'm learning on here so I don't want to give the wrong advice. Have you found a new doctor, Me? That might help with your worries??

As for the food thing- I can't handle anything too acidic. Sucks cause that's the healthy vitimin c stuff- orange juice, tomato, tomato sauces etc. It's not an aversion, I like eating them, they just don't seem to like me afterwards :(
I'm loving creamy pastas (when eating out- my DH won't eat creamy sauces or cheesy things...) and milk drinks. It feels so wrong to want those things when I'm sick, but I seem to be able to handle them.
Pregnancy is so weird!

#53 Inda

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

The nausea has dropped off a little bit after a few really bad days. The constant ick feeling is still there but I'm not running for the toilet like I was. As long as I remember to snack every couple of hours I seem to be able to keep it at bay but it's remembering to snack, I really am not a snacker normally. Very much a 3 meals a day person.
and in regards to what foods... I'm a bit like ME. I'm hungry but don't want anything. I'm looking at food like 'do I have to eat that'.
Am with you onetrick, on the milk. Strange one for me as I'm not really a milk drinker but am loving a glass with my toast in the morning!

#54 loulou1985

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:40 AM

I wouldn't have any more testing now until your 12 week scan because nothing you do will change outcome. Bhcg is only really useful in early pregnancy when there is a concern i.e. ectopic. You know from your us that you do not have an ectopic and have a heart beat which is the best reassurance you can possibly have right now. I haven't even had a single bhcg!

#55 McBumcheeks

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

Hi! Complete newb here, just wanted to join in the conversation :)

First ever pregnancy, and I'm at 6 weeks 2 days or thereabouts. I should be in my 8th week but I have a long cycle so I think that makes it my 7th week. New to all of this. I feel fine so far but I get sleepy some days and I get the odd headache.

Looking forward to chatting with y'all :)

#56 Hummingbird82

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:42 AM

Onetrick - pregnancy is very strange! Maybe your body wants the calcium? I normally love cheesy creamy foods.

Inda - I'm so pleased the vomiting has eased off for you. I saw in the locations group you're in Albury/Wodonga. We used to live in wangaratta for five years so spent a bit of time in your home town over the years.

Loulou - wise advice. Thank goodness we have a Dr in our group!

Mcbumcheeks - welcome and congratulations! Love your username :-)

#57 Human

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

Hi mcbumcheeks - welcome! Hope you keep feeling well! If you are interested in joining the Facebook group you can PM me. Otherwise we can keep chatting here 😊

Me - I wouldn't bother with the blood tests! Once a viable heartbeat is seen, bloods aren't pointless anyway and ultrasounds are the means of checking on the baby. I'm sure all is fine! Try not to worry!

Inda - glad you're feeling a little better!

I am still really nauseous 🤢😔 I'm throwing up 5-10timea a day and it's really awful! I am so thankful for school holidays at the moment (I'm a primary school teacher) but don't know how I'm going to go on like this any longer! I have run out of Maxolon so might head to the doctor this week to get some more!

#58 loulou1985

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

Try ondansetron if maxalon doesn't work! The wafers are amazing!

I also noticed that elevit does a morning sickness relief tablet. Has anyone tried it? Luckily I'm not needing anything yet!

Edited by loulou1985, 27 September 2017 - 01:17 PM.

#59 Hopeful brissy gir

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

Hello all. I have my first scan tomorrow so fingers crossed 🤞 have been feeling ok - tired and on and off nausea but no vomiting just yet. Doc put me on thyroxine due to underactive thyroid picked up in my first blood test - so still a bit nervous about that. Has pregnancy caused hypothyroidism in anyone else in here?
Me - I'm not sure I would bother with all those blood tests. I only got one done to confirm pregnancy and dr didn't ask for any more (other than to check my thyroid levels in a couple of weeks). I'm sure it's all fine.

#60 Inexperienced

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:44 PM

Everyone has such interesting jobs. Im an accountant.

Me - what was the reasoning for the bloods exactly? Have you had any bleeding? The blood test if done more than once is used to confirm that hcg is rising/doubling every 48 hours.

#61 loulou1985

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

She has already had a few bhcgs that have been good so I'm not sure why the doctor is still interested.

#62 *~*ME*~*

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:47 PM

I had spotting a week ago. None since.
Baby has a good heartrate but my hcg isnt doubling every 4 days. Its taking 6 ish.
But when the hcg is over 6000 it can take over 4 days to double.
So i dont know
I should be satisfied i saw baby and a good heartrate... But the gp is saying we dont know if its going to be a continual/ viable pregnancy because of the hcg levels

#63 Inexperienced

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

I dont think its fair of the doctor to question viability considering the great scan.

Do you think doing the bhcg will give you piece of mind? If so, i think do it. If not doing it will stress you out more than thats not good for the baby anyway.

#64 McBumcheeks

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm not on fb so I'll stick to chatting here :-)
Anyone else a runner? I used to run for 30 mins a few times a week but I'm finding that really hard now. My legs feel heavy.

#65 loulou1985

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

I wish I was a runner.. I just walk the dogs most days and even that is tiring now!

I just did another frer out of interest and I've reached the milestone of test line being darker than the control! Not even fmu! Yay

#66 Hummingbird82

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:15 PM

Mcbumcheeks - I'm not a runner but I have kept playing tennis. I played for nearly three hours this morning.  My legs do sometimes feel a bit behind what I want them to do! But I don't think I run enough to notice a big difference.

Loulou - that's awesome! Nice one!

Human - you sound really sick. I hope it eases up for you soon.

Welcome hopeful brissy!

Inexperienced - Accountants are invaluable! We'd be stuck without ours :-)

#67 McBumcheeks

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

Hmm maybe I need to take up a different sport. Doesn't help that it's getting warmer.

Human - I am very sympathetic. That sounds so awful. Make sure you get help, so that you can stay well hydrated and well nourished.

Edited by McBumcheeks, 27 September 2017 - 05:32 PM.

#68 loulou1985

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

Can we do a recap of who everyone is? Age, which pregnancy number, how far along etc. I'm no good at keeping track!

I'm 31 hoping for first child. this is pregnancy no 2 with first ending in an early mc December last year. I'm currently 5+3 (same as my last mc)

#69 McBumcheeks

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

30, first, 6 weeks 2 days. It's hard not to be a bit paranoid about a possible mc knowing that they are so common. Every time I have a little backache or cramp (probably wind related) I get a bit nervous, especially as I haven't really had any nausea yet.

Edited by McBumcheeks, 27 September 2017 - 06:20 PM.

#70 TKAC2017

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

View PostHopeful brissy gir, on 27 September 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

Hello all. I have my first scan tomorrow so fingers crossed 🤞 have been feeling ok - tired and on and off nausea but no vomiting just yet. Doc put me on thyroxine due to underactive thyroid picked up in my first blood test - so still a bit nervous about that. Has pregnancy caused hypothyroidism in anyone else in here?
Me - I'm not sure I would bother with all those blood tests. I only got one done to confirm pregnancy and dr didn't ask for any more (other than to check my thyroid levels in a couple of weeks). I'm sure it's all fine.

I have hyperthyroidism where my levels are too high! Starting thyroxine today. Have to get another test in 4 weeks. This is making me feel a little anxious haha. Fingers crossed it all works out good for us :)

I am 24, first pregnancy, 5 weeks exactly today first scan booked for the 10th October hoping it goes fast for me :) just want to see that little heart beat and make sure everything is growing like its meant to :)

#71 Hummingbird82

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:53 PM

I'm 35, this is pregnancy number 4 and we have a DS who is 6. Two missed miscarriages - one at ten weeks, one at eight weeks. Last missed miscarriage resulted in a d and c in May. I'm 6 weeks 5 days with a scan booked for Tuesday.

I'm very much putting this into the hands of the gods. If this one doesn't work out - I'll stop trying. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be :-)

#72 loulou1985

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

Tkac- if you have hyperthyroidism why are you starting thyroxine??

#73 jessekah83

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

Human - sorry to hear you are suffering from morning sickness and vomiting. I am also in the same boat and pretty much parenting from the couch. I have even decided to take off some time from work so I can relax.

Me - I wouldn't worry about your blood results. The HCG levels can vary so much and cause much unneeded stress.

Loulou and Hummingbird - like you I am in the same boat of trying not to stress about miscarriages, what will be will be!

I have been AWOL for a few days as I am suffering from quite bad morning sickness. The maxalon is knocking me out and causing me to sleep around parenting my 3 and a half year old son!

I am 34, and this is my fourth pregnancy (one fullterm pregnancy). I had a bad miscarriage in April at 12w ending up in hospital so I am trying not to focus on it this time around.

Oh, Loulou, I am on thyroxine for underactive thyroid, I assume that is why Tkac is?

#74 jessekah83

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

Oh, I am also 5 and a half weeks.

#75 Hummingbird82

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:50 PM

I'm sorry you have been so sick jessekah83. Nothing wrong with parenting from the couch. Whatever you need to do to get through the first trimester. I'm sorry for your losses too.

I think loulou was asking why thyroxine has been prescribed for an overactive thyroid when it's meant to be for an underactive thyroid?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.