Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

New thread time ladies  :)

#2 *~*ME*~*

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:31 AM

Hi ladies.

#3 Inda

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

Hi Ladies, hope everyone is going ok.

Had our dating scan today at 8+4 from LMP, measuring at 7+6 which I was expecting as my cycles are about 5 days longer so worked in with how I had worked it out. All looking good and heartbeat was 157 which she said was in the normal range.
Back to the doctor Wednesday to see what she says.

#4 Inexperienced

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

Inda, great to hear that the dating scan went well and that the date you worked out is right. Does this now change your edd? Or do they wait until the 12 week scan to adjust edd?

#5 Inda

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

View PostInexperienced, on 02 October 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

Inda, great to hear that the dating scan went well and that the date you worked out is right. Does this now change your edd? Or do they wait until the 12 week scan to adjust edd?

The lady said my edd is the 15th going off her measurements today. I had previously worked it out to be that date, so date stays the same.
I'm booked to see my doctor on Wednesday so I guess I will know more then as I dare say she will arrange my further scans/referrals etc, as she will be away for a month from the end of this week. Don't know if edd will change down the track.
I'm just glad there is a heartbeat and that she said all looks good.

Edited by Inda, 02 October 2017 - 12:53 PM.

#6 Hummingbird82

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

Great news on your scan Inda and on everything looking good. I've got my first scan tomorrow morning and I'm pretty nervous :-)

#7 loulou1985

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

Awesome scan results inda! I've got my scan on Wednesday but now I'm wondering if I should delay it till the following week when I'm at least 7 weeks.. part of the reason I wanted it this week was so I had a bit more certainty before seeing my parents in case I tell them. Any thoughts?

#8 Inda

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Hummingbird - How exciting! I was excited but also petrified that there wouldn't be anything to see!

Loulou - It's totally up to you. How far are you? From what I've heard a heartbeat can be seen from 6ish weeks.. when do you see your parents? Might be worth it just to know there is a heart beat and have it all confirmed if your seeing your parents this weekend.
To be honest I couldn't see much, maybe I was expecting too much but main thing I got from it was there is a baby and heartbeat. That's really all she could say though, she said you can't tell head to toe this early. I think I'll get more from the doctor on Wednesday when she breaks it all down a bit more for me.

We still haven't told anyone either. The longer I wait the more nervous and hesitant I am to tell anyone.. which is silly lol I know everyone will be excited.

#9 loulou1985

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

I'll be 6+3 but probably closer to 6 based on when I think I ovulated. Ok be seeing them this weekend so thought it would be nice to know beforehand.

#10 Hummingbird82

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

Thanks Inda :-) I'll just keep my fingers crossed - there's not much else I can do.

Loulou - maybe have the scan but be prepared it may be too early to see a heartbeat? You could always book another scan for a week later? Totally your choice. Tricky decision.

#11 *~*ME*~*

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

Hummingbird goodluck for tomorrow. Please update us. Is your scan in the morning or afternoon?

Loulou i had a scan at 6 weeks and 1 day. Baby had a heartbeat of 106 bpm. And was 4.6mm.
I had another scan at 6 weeks 5 days and baby had grown to 6.4 mm and had a heartbeat of 138bpm

#12 McBumcheeks

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:42 PM

I was hanging out in the other thread all day wondering where everyone is haha! Happy to hear about all these scans going well. Hummingbird we have due dates around the same time, though I had my first scan Friday. I'm sure it'll go well. The worst part was being absolutely busting to go to the toilet and the technician mashing the wand right down on my bladder - ouch!

#13 MaybeBabyMitchell

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:05 PM

Had a scan today too! Thought I was 7+5, measuring at 8+1. Heart beat at 165. So glad everyone's scans are going so well!

Hummingbird- I was crazy nervous too, but so relieved in the end. Very exciting.

McBumcheeks- I honestly thought I was going to pee on the tech!!

#14 Hummingbird82

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

Great news on your scan MaybeBabyMitchell! How wonderful to be further along than you thought. I'm so glad everything looked good and that you didn't pee on the tech!

Mcbumcheeks - I'm so glad your scan also went well. I'm lucky because the ultrasound place I'm going to does internal scans when you're less than 8 weeks so I don't need a full bladder. Phew!

Me - scan is at 11am. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

#15 bek_p

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

Im only5+1 im dieing to have my scan but to scared to do it early and see nothing so gonna hold to 6+5

#16 TKAC2017

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

I have my first scan in 8 days soo excited. I will be 7 weeks.
I know this is really gross but has anyone had any yellow discharge during their pregnancy? I have had some for about a week. Im seeing my doctor tomorrow, hoping its not an infection

#17 loulou1985

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

I feel like I'm fake pregnant so much that I did another test today. Where are my symptoms?? I've only got sore bbs today and peeing a lot which isn't abnormal for me anyway..

#18 Hummingbird82

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

Bek_p - that sounds like a good idea waiting for your scan. I'll be 7 weeks 4 days tomorrow and it took all my self control to wait to then!

TKAC2017 - I've not experienced yellow discharge just more ewcm which is odd. Good luck seeing the doctor tomorrow.

Loulou - I do feel fake pregnant. Love the term. Nothing really seems real. I do have a massive zit on my chin which may be pregnancy related?

#19 onetrick

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:23 PM

Loulou- I think I said the same a week or two ago. I still feel fake pregnant! I almost wish we could just get a scan every fortnight to reassure ourselves!! I had mine at 7w1d and I'm 10w tomorrow and have to wait until 13 weeks for the next one (but might get it a couple of days early- depends on what suits work/ DH and the scanning place...). Feeling sick is strangely reassuring (my doctor said it's all the hormones so it means good news- pretty sure she was talking crap, but I'll take it!!) but not at the same time.
Oh, and as for the full bladder thing- that was awful! especially while feeling quite seedy :( oh well. Was worth it!!

#20 McBumcheeks

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

Hummingbird, I ended up having an internal too because the embyro is squished all the way into the corner of the uterus so it wasn't clear on the external ultrasound. And it's their policy to do them at any pregnancy less than 7 weeks anyway. It was far more comfortable than the full-bladder ultrasound I can tell you!

Anyone else been reading the Clever Guts diet by Michael Mosley? It's so damn interesting. I'm trying my best to eat everything pre-biotic and high fibre, but I've had some pretty strong cravings for salty carbohydrates in the past couple of weeks. I absolutely murdered that ramen I had on saturday night, I'm still dreaming abou tit.

There is a great catalyst episode I've seen on Youtube called Gut Reaction. I highly recommend it. One experiment they talked about in the show was on pregnant mice. When they were fed a high-fibre diet, their pups were protected from autism. Your pregnancy diet really does matter.

#21 *~*ME*~*

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

Argh pelvic pain. I hope this isn't the start of spd

#22 Hummingbird82

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:27 PM

I am totally into gut health Mcbumcheeks! Such a good post you wrote and as you say our pregnancy diets will impact our babies. My DS is autistic and I'll be doing whatever I can with my diet to reduce the chance of having another child with autism. I know lots of families where there are two children or more with ASD so the chances are high.

First thing I've done is made sure my vitamin d levels were in the right range. I did a blood test prior to ttc and I was severely deficient despite spending lots of time in the sun. I was so surprised. Vitamin D deficiency in pregnancy has been linked to autism. My levels are now good just from taking a supplement for a few months.

There's also theories that autism is linked to inflammation in the mother during pregnancy. This ties into the gut because gut issues can cause inflammation. I have eaten lots of probiotics and prebiotics during the past year to try and improve my gut health. I make home made kefir (milk and fruit) as well as make fermented foods like sauerkraut. I've been feeling really good on it and also been trying to get some good stuff into my son too.

I have a book on the gut by Giulia Enders called 'Gut' which has been very interesting. I haven't read the other recommendations you made Mcbumcheeks buy will definitely check them out. Thank you for sharing :-)

View Post*~*ME*~*, on 02 October 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

Argh pelvic pain. I hope this isn't the start of spd

On no Me - hugs to you xx

#23 Zel lala

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

I find gut health so interesting. Thanks for sharing. I had no idea on how it impacted pregnancy.

I don't know why but I had stopped taking my probiotic these past few weeks. Probably a bit silly.

As for food. I'm just eating whatever I can stomach at the moment. I'm hoping my normal appetite returns soon.

#24 Inexperienced

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

Maybebaby - how fabulous that your are ahead of what you thought.

Hummingbird - goodluck with your scan today 😊

Bek_p - I'm also 5+1! I'll be doing my scan at 7+6. Ugh such a long wait.

Tkac - I've heard yellow discharge can be normal during pregnancy but havent expedienced it.

Loulou - haha i feel the same.. definitely feeling fake pregnant. Boobs are barely sore. I've got like 20 ic hpts left. I keep poas for reassurance πŸ˜…

Me - ouch! Hope it subsides

Mcbumcheeks - thanks for the info on gut health. Weird thing is when i found out I was pregnant I bought yakult for some weird reason and now I'm hooked. At least I know its doing good things.

Afm - made up some cute little jumpsuits on zazzle to announce the pregnancy to our parents next week. They were so fiddly to make as I had to play around with fonts and graphics. Hopefully they are surprised  πŸ˜Š although i think my mum's on to me because she offered wine at dinner which i declined. I swear she just knows.

#25 *~*ME*~*

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

Hummingbird goodluck for today.  Will be thinking of you. X

It's school holidays here in SA.. kids aee already driving me bonkers lol.
Need to keep them busy.

Who else has scans this week? Sorry baby brain and cant remember

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.