Due in May 2018 Chat # 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#26 Hummingbird82

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:24 AM

Thanks so much Me and Inexperienced :-) I'm nervous/excited about my scan this morning. I'll definitely update once I've had it.

Love the idea of cute jumpsuits to announce your pregnancy Inexperienced!

Me - I hope you get some rest wth your kids home during the school holidays. You're over half way there!

#27 onetrick

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:31 AM

Thanks so much for the info re:gut health/ vitamins. Makes sense that our diet impacts our babies... I think I'm pretty healthy (for the most part- figuring out which foods are ok seems to be a challenge!!), but I am lacking in Vit D (inside job and very shaded yard- might need to go for some more walks with the dog!).
Love learning about all the little tips and tricks people have found out :)

#28 loulou1985

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

Update for me. Bhcg was only 972 on Friday which fits with me being the earlier which is what I thought so I won't be doing the dating scan tomorrow. Will just wait for seeing the obs at 8 weeks!

#29 Zel lala

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:13 AM

Good luck for your scan Hummingbird! Enjoy it.

I love the jumpsuit idea. I was thinking when I tell all my work friends I'm going to get one of those tshirts off asos that say prego and wear it in and not say anything.

Good idea LouLou. Then you will be able to see everything at your first scan as well.

#30 McBumcheeks

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

Yes I have read some of "Gut", but haven't finished it. It's very interesting! Hummingbird what you say about inflammation makes sense, unless you have some sort of IBS, my understanding is that inflammation is associated with types of microbes that do not thrive on fibre, I.e the person may not have enough fibre in their diet to feed the microbes that promote an anti-inflammatory environment. Raw Apple cider vinegar diluted in water is anti-inflammatory, and actually really nice (imo).

I make kefir too but haven't had it for a few days, thanks for the reminder! I've been wanting to make saurkraut for ages now but haven't done it yet. Any tips or recipes you can point me to?

I have kefir grains I need to give away if you know anyone looking for some. They're still pretty small but yeah.

I haven't had any nausea today. Hooray.

Edited by McBumcheeks, 03 October 2017 - 09:55 AM.

#31 BugBiEz

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

sorry I haven't been super active on here, I've been so sick the last few days, all I've wanted to do is sleep.

Just got back from the doctors, he sent me to get my bloods taken and I get to have a scan at 2:30 today! I'm so nervous as I'll be going alone because my usual helpers are with the other kids (damn school holidays) So positive growth and healthy baby vibes will be welcomed.

#32 Inexperienced

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

Loulou - so what does that roughly put you at? Just a few days behind?

Zel la la - oh that would be awesome.. i wonder how fast some people would notice.

Bugbiez - hope you start to feel better and goodluck with your scan.

Im getting my bhcg results on Thursday 😊

#33 *~*ME*~*

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:24 AM

Stalking, stalking to see how hummingbird went

#34 CoffsJen

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:35 PM

Stalking to see how Humingbird went too!

TKAC - YES! The yellow discharge! I meant to mention to my gp last week but it fell out of my head so I need to remember to ask her. Pls let me know what you find out!

I am super interested in the gut health side of things too - still doing kefir. Currently though I still feel so rubbish i just eat whatever I can face, so I don’t really have the option to choose! ( I seem to have lost 2kg in the last week, but that could be for other reasons lately.  I thought I might get some protein powder, the sort that gym junkies take, for getting in extra calories without much bulk?)

#35 *~*ME*~*

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

Im hoping no news is good news

#36 Inexperienced

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

I think shes in the uk from memory so their would be a time difference.

#37 Hummingbird82

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:08 PM

Hi Everyone, thank you for your messages and good luck. The scan was all good. Sorry about the delay in posting - today has been crazy and I've just got back from acupuncture so can update :-)

Bub measured 7 weeks 6 days and heartbeat of 160. I was totally in shock and feel very relieved/hopeful. Thank you all for your good luck vibes xxx

#38 *~*ME*~*

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:16 PM

Yay, great news hummingbird.  What were ur dates. So what does that make the crl of baby

#39 BugBiEz

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

Hummingbird- Great news! Glad to hear you and bub are okay

I just got back from my scan and they put me at 11 weeks! I'm a bit in shock that I'm that far along so I think I stick around here as they might move them around again yet. Part of me is glad because it puts me closer to the magical 12 week mark and then I can start telling people.

#40 Hummingbird82

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:26 PM

Congrats BugBiEz! You're nearly at twelve weeks! That is awesome. What a good day of scans :-)

Me - the CRL was 1.48cm and my due date is the 19th May.

It's such a relief getting a scan. I think this baby likes tennis!

#41 *~*ME*~*

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

Bugbiez. Wow how far did you think u were?
That's awesome. So close to the magical 12 week mark now

#42 CoffsJen

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

Hummingbird yay that’s awesome news!

Bugbiez- that is super news too, omg 11 weeks, that’s great!

#43 McBumcheeks

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

Great news for Hummingbird and Bugbiez. Thanks for sharing!  I'm dying to start telling work people, can't wait to get to 12:)
On a side note, everything and everyone around me stinks at the moment. Increased sense of smell anyone?

#44 BugBiEz

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

The doctor originally put me at 9 weeks today and now it's shifted due to measurements today. I wasn't expecting it but my last few periods were a bit hinky but I thought that was due to stress.

McBumcheeks- YES everything smells bad, I'm a florist and flowers have been making my gag and puke :( And my friends dog smell had me leave the room yesterday

#45 loulou1985

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

Yea I think I'm 5+6 today rather than 6+2..that was taken on Friday when I would have been 5+2..so that level is in the normal range and probably explains why I don't feel sick!

#46 Hummingbird82

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

Mcbumcheeks - I totally agree - ACV in water is really tasty :-)

That's awesome you make kefir too! If you have excess grains and have pets, you can feed the grains to them too! Animals need good gut health ;-) thanks for the offer though - kefir grains are hot stuff!

My advice for making sauerkraut is to just do it. It's very simple but can seem daunting. This is my favourite recipe

http://www.greenkitc...d-fermentation/

All you have to do is make sure the sauerkraut is weighted down and always under the liquid while it ferments. Keep it in the dark and burp the jars to get rid of excess gas. It's super simple and so delicious when it's done. Good luck!

I actually made a bit of a mistake with my fruit kefir last year - it was a hot Melbourne night and I put too much grapefruit juice in. 2am we woke to smashing glass and the kefir had exploded like a bomb. We still have marks in the wall. Definitely a learning experience!

#47 Hummingbird82

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

View PostBugBiEz, on 03 October 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

The doctor originally put me at 9 weeks today and now it's shifted due to measurements today. I wasn't expecting it but my last few periods were a bit hinky but I thought that was due to stress.

McBumcheeks- YES everything smells bad, I'm a florist and flowers have been making my gag and puke :( And my friends dog smell had me leave the room yesterday

Wow working as a florist would be wonderful except when you're pregnant! I was unwrapping some raw chicken last night and retching, while wondering how pregnant chefs cope?

#48 McBumcheeks

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

Oh man I am sympathetic to you ladies. Somehow since Sunday/Monday my nausea hasn't returned - weird? I expect it will come and go but more frequently over the coming weeks. I might try and make my own ginger ale - I have excluded almost all added sugar since this pregnancy started so store bought ginger ales are out.
I'm still craving sushi like nobody's business. I really think I'm going to cave in one of these days!

#49 Inexperienced

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:46 AM

Awesome scan results ladies 😊

Loulou - that puts us closer together which makes sense as we have been reporting the same symptoms.

I keep waking up during the night and not being able to get back to sleep. Its killing me.

#50 *~*ME*~*

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:54 AM

Any scans today ladies?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.