Due in May 2018 Chat # 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#51 TKAC2017

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

View PostCoffsJen, on 03 October 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

TKAC - YES! The yellow discharge! I meant to mention to my gp last week but it fell out of my head so I need to remember to ask her. Pls let me know what you find out!

Congratulations on the amazing scans ladies :) xx

My doctor said yellow discharge is normal :) unless its got a foul smell to it or is bloody. You can get a swab to make sure its not an infection but mine seems to be normal and it would be picked up in my scan next week if anything was wrong

#52 CoffsJen

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:57 AM

TKAC thank you for that intel thatโ€™s great!

Well, I just told my sister my news - and am devastated to learn she was sick for 17 weeks with her first pregnancy and 25 with the second .....noooooooo.......!!!!

#53 *~*ME*~*

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

Im beginning to enjoy some foods again. Not all, but some thats a start right?
The things i used to like tea, crisps, and softdrink i still have no desire for.

#54 Inda

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

ME - Glad your starting to enjoy some foods again. I can't wait for that! I am not enjoying anything I'm eating or drinking which makes it really hard to eat let alone be healthy.

CoffsJen - My SIL told me she was sick the whole way through with her first but it was only 1 puke then fine each day. I'm being nauseous constantly and throwing up a couple of times every day or so, I hope I don't feel like this the whole way through.. I'm not coping very well.

Been to the Doctors today and she is happy with the scan from Monday. She is on holidays for 5 weeks now so I won't see her until mid November now for the results from my 11 week tests and 12 week scan which is booked for the 1st of November. Feels so long away!

Told my parents on Monday night and 1 brother&SIL on Tuesday. Everyone was happy. Just got my other brother&SIL and OH's parents/siblings to tell when we see them.

#55 Inexperienced

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:29 AM

Inda - it feels so far away but will fly.

Today I'm seeing the gp to get my blood results and referrals for ob and dating scan. Im nevrous to see my bhcg results and iron levels. I think I will be low on iron and I dont want to have to have that monitored.

#56 BugBiEz

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:38 AM

inexperianced- good luck today! I'm being monitored for low iron, I had been before I got pregnant too. My doctor isn't super worried yet which is very comforting, hopefully you'll be okay too, fingers crossed for you.

Inda- yes November does seem so far away! But hopefully for all of us the next 5 weeks will go fast

Me- I managed chocolate yesterday for the  first time in weeks! I was so excited! But that's the only one I've gotten back so far

Coffsjen- Fingers crossed that sickness lifts soon. All my pregnancies were different. I had morning sickness with my first right up to delivery, my middle stopped around the 25 week mark but it was bar far the worst for vomiting. my youngest was all day sickness till 20 weeks and this one had been the lightest so far, no vomiting but all day queasiness so.much.fun -_-

I get my blood work back tomorrow which should be interesting as I was quite badly anemic before I got pregnant and we had been discussing iron injections. Have no idea what will happen this time round.

#57 McBumcheeks

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:58 AM

Morning sickness is so strange. It's not hereditary, and every pregnancy is different. Why? It makes me think there must be some interaction of many factors and perhaps many hormones. It's amazing that we still don't know the cause.

#58 Inexperienced

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:02 AM

BugBiez - I had my iron levels checked prior to pregnancy and they were pretty low (under the recommended scale) and have been on iron tablets since.Ive been trying to include iron rich food in my diet to help too. Hopefully we are both okay and dont need anything as extreme as needing injections.

I forgot to report.. I finally had a good nights sleep last night ๐Ÿ˜Š

#59 loulou1985

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

I just don't feel pregnant except for sore bbs so not sure what to think. I'd expect to feel something surely! Not even cramping..

#60 Inexperienced

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

Loulou looks like your one of those ladies who will have an easy pregnancy ๐Ÿ˜Š

Whats everyone's thoughts on exercising whilst pregnant?

#61 *~*ME*~*

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:54 AM

I have a drs appy today to get a referal and then have an ultrasound today at 2pm.
Im so nervous
I dont know why i am so nervous as my 2 previous miscarriages were at 6 weeks.
So i am well and truly past that stage.
9 weeks today.

Goodluck for those with appts today

Loulou you are just lucky, like me. This is my 7th pregnancy, (4 kids and 2 miscarriages) and i dont get symptoms really
A bit of food aversions, constipation, and sore boobs thats it

#62 Hummingbird82

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

Hi Everyone, I hope you're all going well.

TKAC - great news that the yellow discharge is normal. Thanks for letting us know.

Coffsjen - hopefully your morning sickness won't be the same as your sisters. Fingers crossed.

Me - that's great you're enjoying some foods again. I had a good day yesterday and ate so much! You have to make the most of it.

Inda - it sounds as though everything is on track. I'm so pleased your doctor is happy and I bet your family are so excited for you too. It is hard waiting for scans! I totally agree.

Bugbiez - I hope your blood comes back ok but at least if your iron levels are low you can take some supplements to get them up.Good luck!

Inexperienced - nice one on the good night's sleep! I've been getting insomnia too and it is exhausting being up all night and then trying to function the next day.

Loulou - It does sound as though you are one of the lucky ladies who may avoid morning sickness. I believe if it does kick in, it usually happens by the seventh week.

AFM - my boobs are killing me and yesterday when I was playing tennis every time i ran I was cringing with the pain. They are pretty small - an A cup so perhaps they are growing? Here's hoping ;-)

I also have a pretty rounded bump by the evening which disappears by the morning. Probably just bloating.

About exercising in pregnancy - my GP, Ob and acupuncturist all said to keep doing what I was doing before. Just not to start anything new. I think as I have had mmc in the past the tennis is good for helping with circulation and blood flow to my uterus which can only benefit the foetus. When I read Serena Williams had won the Australian open when she was 8 weeks pregnant i thought I could do a bit of ladies tennis when pregnant!

#63 McBumcheeks

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

Yeah definitely keep up the exercise, if you can.

I actually can't run anymore. I was running 5kms, 3x a week, but now I'm finding it way too hard. It's so frustrating. So, despite the advice being not to take up anything new, I might start doing some very small weights at home and building up slowly, and doing some bodyweight exercises, because I have to do something. I will keep going for walks but I want to stay strong too. Do what you can and listen to your body, don't push yourself too far.

I would also like to start swimming at some point too, especially so I can keep active over summer as I get bigger and less mobile.

ME - good luck for your scan, it must feel good having got over that six week hump. My understanding is that the risk decreases week by week too.

loulou - I don't have any morning sickness either. I was nauseous for one or two days at the beginning of this week and now it's gone away. I just have sore, swollen boobs and this week constipation is setting in :(

Edited by McBumcheeks, 05 October 2017 - 08:11 AM.

#64 Hummingbird82

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

Good luck today Me - that's awesome you are 9 weeks already! Let us know how you go.

#65 McBumcheeks

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:29 AM

Oh and I also fall asleep at my desk regularly. LOL. and wake up randomly in the middle of the night.

Edited by McBumcheeks, 05 October 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#66 BugBiEz

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:27 AM

me- good luck with your scan :)

inexperianced- before this pregnancy I used to walk about 25,000-30,000 steps a day, I've pushed it back to 15,000-20,000 mainly because I feel too sick. My doctor is happy with me keeping up what I normally did (I did go to the gym and do weights I've stopped that as I don't feel comfortable anymore) he just warned me not to get too hot and to stop if I cramp or get out of breath.

#67 Inexperienced

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

So got my results back at 4+6 my hcg was 1251.

While the doctor said its good, she said she would like to do a repeat to make sure everything is progressing well. I dont really want to but I guess I will have to.

Hummingbird - you go girl

Mcbumcheeks - I'm a runner tooo! So I've decided to cut the running and do light weights.

Bugbiez - thanks for the advice about not overheating and overdoing it. Are you planning to do much exercise or just going to take it easy for the rest of the pregnancy?

Edited by Inexperienced, 05 October 2017 - 12:04 PM.

#68 McBumcheeks

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

Inexperienced - that's great! it must feel good to know that things are tracking along as expected.

I spoke too soon - nausea is back today (but it's mild). The only thing that seems to help is potato chips. How bad is that. The saltier the better. The thought of tea, coffee and anything very sweet (even some fruit) is turning my stomach.

I walked past a sushi shop this morning and swooned. It's torture... :( I think I could eat nothing but Japanese food this whole pregnancy and be perfectly happy.

Edited by McBumcheeks, 05 October 2017 - 01:45 PM.

#69 Hummingbird82

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

McBumCheeks - don't worry research says craving salty food during pregnancy is totally normal and may actually be good for you :-) I am loving salt at the moment and normally I don't like it at all.

http://www.telegraph...scientists.html

Those HCG results sound great Inexperienced :-)

#70 jess.w.

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

Hi ladies,

Hope you are doing well!

I agree about craving salty foods. I have been feeling ok and more than once have questioned if I am even pregnant. I feel nauseous a little bit, and sore boobs sometimes, more tired than usual and moody but nothing in a pattern. Really looking forward to my dating scan on Monday so I can convince myself that there is something in there. This is my first pregnancy so I really have no idea what to expect!

I love hearing about everyone - thanks for sharing ladies!

#71 McBumcheeks

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

Hummingbird that was really interesting, thanks for sharing. Glad to hear I'm not the only salt-eater here :)

jess, how far along are you?

Sorry for so many posts today, but it's my day off and I'm at a loose end!

#72 *~*ME*~*

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

Scan went well

Baby measured 8 w 4 d
I am around 9ish weeks so thats good.
Heartbeat was 152. I Thought it sounded a bit low but the sonographer said its ok

#73 McBumcheeks

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:34 PM

Congrats! :-) great news. I think mine was around 132bpm and I have heard of them being in the 120s to the 160s so I suppose there is a big range.

#74 BugBiEz

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

Yay everyone is doing well! So good to read!

I have been main lining jatz biscuits between meals when I'm feeling sick. Works pretty well so far.

#75 Hummingbird82

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

I'm so glad your scan went well Me :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.