Due in May #4

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#26 sleung85

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

Happy hump day!

I had my viability scan yesterday afternoon - ended up needing an internal exam, but was quietly panicking when we couldn't see a foetal pole before that (precursor to my m/c in May this year). Based on LMP, my due date was 1 June, but based on sizing it ranged from 4-6 June, with the final date being 4 June - I might just hang with you guys, if that's okay?

Such a relief when the sonographer found a FHR (135).

This sounds really negative, but I'm not as excited as I should be, because I'm just expecting the worst (just in case).

OB appointment on Friday, hopefully that will put my mind at ease a bit more.

#27 Inexperienced

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

Just got my second lot blood test results. Levels were
1,251 at 4+6
19,689 at 5+6
Doctor was super happy about that

#28 SilverArrow

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

Hey ladies :)

We're due on the 31st May so I'll probably be sticking my head in the Due June thread when it appears too :p

We're 7 weeks tomorrow and my morning sickness has kicked in... its more like middle-of-the-night sickness with the inability to eat much during the day though... :sick:  

So excited to meet our first little one :yes:

Hey ladies :)

We're due on the 31st May so I'll probably be sticking my head in the Due June thread when it appears too :p

We're 7 weeks tomorrow and my morning sickness has kicked in... its more like middle-of-the-night sickness with the inability to eat much during the day though... :sick:  

So excited to meet our first little one :yes:

#29 *~*ME*~*

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

Its such a worry isnt it.

I am.worried today because my pregnancy symptoms are easing.
I am 9+6 or 9+3.

So stressed

#30 loulou1985

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

I've already taken off my fitbit because I was getting obsessed with my heart rate, worrying that it was dropping by 1bpm.. My symptoms seem to fluctuate anyway so I can't stress over that side of things which is good. 7 weeks today unless scan on Friday says otherwise. At least this last week seems to have gone now quickly.

#31 Human

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

Yes ultrasounds aren't hugely accurate so dates can really vary! I wouldn't stress 😊 They should really give us a "due month" rather than a due date as all the babies are so different with the rate of their growth and when they decide to arrive!

Hope everyone is traveling well. Welcome to all!

Inexperienced, what a lovely reaction from your in-laws!

Is anyone else taking medication for morning sickness? I really want to stop taking the cocktail of meds I'm on but I'm still vomiting 5+ times a day! (Hence why I'm not very active here, so sick! 🀒) I'll be 11 weeks this week so hope it slows down soon. I'm worried about the effects of taking the meds for this long!

#32 loulou1985

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

Which meds are you taking? I'm hardly getting any nausea but even the slightest amount if I'm at work or out of the house I take an ondansetron wafer which I think is a cat B1.

#33 onetrick

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

I'm taking maxalon every morning and restavit at night... im 11w1d. Been taking maxalon since week 6 (twice a day usually instead of three times- I'm too forgetful! And by the time I remember it would mean taking a third too late...), and restavit since week 9. I have a script that will last me until I see the doctor next when I'm 13 weeks, so I kind of figure I will reassess with my doctor then. She told me it would be fine to take them until then without any issues, and honestly I wouldn't cope without them.
I'm so sick of feeling like this, though, and if the symptoms could ease like Ovia told me that would (it has said it for the week 10 update... then the week 11 update! I wish!!), that would be great!!
I am just hanging on to the thought of them stopping at the magic 12 weeks...

#34 McBumcheeks

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

ME: please don't stress - my nausea comes and goes too, I think that's normal. Some days I just have horrible indigestion. Today I didn't have much nausea but I feel like my food isn't going down well at all, and it's just sitting in my stomach like I've swallowed a balloon. It's so uncomfortable. Like I said, don't stress, symptoms come and go!

Human: you poor thing! I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself, hopefully in a week or two your symptoms will ease.

#35 Maggsy12

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone, hopefully I can keep up.

Human: don't be too hard on yourself, I am unfortunately having to take zofran once a day to keep my morning sickness vomiting at bay. I don't like the idea of taking them unfortunately if I don't I can be sick more than several times a day... I didn't take it yesterday morning as I was going for acupuncture and they didn't want me to take it before hand and I ended up vomiting four times before even leaving the house for the appointment.. so that shows I still need it just to be able to function and get through the work day and keep some food down, I initially lost weight from being so sick now I'm managing to maintain it. Hopefully it'll ease for us soon, I keep my eye on the 12 weeks and have my fingers crossed!!!! Two weeks to go.

Onetrick: I keep hoping that 12 week mark means it disappears too, I'm glad I'm not the only one, some days have been so awful and it's a shame as I really want to enjoy this journey. Oh I'll search later for the post re:Facebook too thank you x

It's amazing how everyone can be so different..

I am off to have my bloods done for the harmony test this morning, then our 12 week scan has been booked for Monday the 23rd...

Next week I need to travel for work and am away the whole week, im a little worried how that will go with the bad morning sickness I have had... hopefully as long as I take the meds it will be ok..

I hope everyone has a beautiful day today.

#36 loulou1985

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

I thought I really shouldn't be taking the ondansetron(zofran) when I'm not that bad at all. Instead I went out and bought restavit and the elevit morning sickness tablets..unfortunately they are literally the biggest tablets I've ever seen so don't think I'll take them!!

Edit: they're actually so nicely shaped and smooth that they go down nicely!

Edited by loulou1985, 12 October 2017 - 09:47 AM.

#37 McBumcheeks

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

can you cut em in half? the pharmacy should sell a tablet cutter.

#38 BugBiEz

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

Me- I'm stressing too! I'm feeling a bit better and by far this pregnancy has been my easiest for morning sickness. It makes me so worried about the baby. I have the NT scan tomorrow and I'm freaking out about it.

Edited by BugBiEz, 12 October 2017 - 03:00 PM.

#39 McBumcheeks

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:22 PM

What a funny state of affairs when we are wishing for our nausea to come back so that we can ease our anxieties. Mine has come back this afternoon. Hooray? πŸ˜„

#40 *~*ME*~*

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

Bugbiez. Yay for your scan tomorrow.  Im sure everything will be fine :)

#41 McBumcheeks

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

Let us know how the scan goes!

#42 loulou1985

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

I'm getting my dating scan done tomorrow! Eek! My nausea has really kicked in this afternoon..struggling at work.. Will take restavit tonight.

#43 Hummingbird82

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:04 AM

Good luck loulou and BugbiEz with your scans today :-)

#44 *~*ME*~*

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:40 AM

Goodluck ladies for your scans

#45 Inexperienced

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:55 AM

Good luck with your scans ladies! Let us know how you go 😊

#46 BugBiEz

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

Booked the first appointment today so I'm already back! It's perfect! It was so good seeing it up on screen, it still blows my mind that I'm pregnant in the first place. 12 weeks + 4 heart rate 158.

So we had the NT scan and bloods taken this morning, next up I have a midwife appointment at 11 and harmony test next week. Once all of those come back okay I can feel better.

My morning sickness came back last night and this morning. I don't take anything as I have bad reactions to it. So for me it's a a lot of salada

Good luck Loulou with your scan today

#47 loulou1985

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

Had my scan. Measuring at only 6+3 but with a hr of 120..quite far out from what I thought which was 7+2..

#48 McBumcheeks

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

Congrats on the scans and the great results :) Loulou that's pretty normal I think, they all grow at different rates. Plus, you might have ovulated later than you thought. I was about the same amount behind as you for that reason.

Edited by McBumcheeks, 13 October 2017 - 12:30 PM.

#49 *~*ME*~*

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Loulou are u worried?

#50 Inexperienced

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

Loulou I wouldn't be concerned they say measurements can be a bit out this early on and your due date changes each scan you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.