Due in May #4

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#51 loulou1985

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

Not too worried because I've had irregular cycles. It just means that I got my first positive at only 5dpo which I find weird..

#52 Hummingbird82

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:24 PM

Congratulations ladies on your great scan results today :-)

I have heard of people getting bfps at 5dpo loulou - it's not very common but it does happen.

#53 doglover

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:50 PM

I had my harmony test done. 12 week scan next week.
I might be due end of April/start of May.

#54 McBumcheeks

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:41 AM

Does anyone else randomly wake up at 3-4am, unable to get back to sleep? Definitely happening at least a couple of times a week for me at the moment.

#55 Inexperienced

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:29 AM

View PostMcBumcheeks, on 14 October 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

Does anyone else randomly wake up at 3-4am, unable to get back to sleep? Definitely happening at least a couple of times a week for me at the moment.

This has been happening nearly every night since the tww. I though it was just me.

#56 BugBiEz

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:11 AM

I usually wake up then to pee! But when I was pregnant with my first I would always end up awake at 3-3:30am every night, in the end at 38 weeks my water broke at 3:30 and after she would always wake at 3 for a feed. I think it was her awake cycle :yawn:  She's still kinda like that now at 15.

#57 onetrick

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

I've been waking up early (for me) since being pregnant. I don't love it, and I'm so not a morning person. This morning was 4am (I went back to sleep though thankfully!) but usually it's 5- 6ish and I don't sleep again...

#58 CoffsJen

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

Hi everybody,
Thank goodness it’s the weekend and I can collapse on the sofa bed for 2 days! Yep, definitely doing the awake at 4am for no apparent reason thing, despite being exhausted πŸ’€
Sounds like there were some positive scans this week - yay!
I get my harmony results this Thursday, so cannot wait!
Love to everyone x x

#59 *~*ME*~*

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:36 PM

Its a wee bit quiet here today.
Hope everyones travelling well.

Any scans this week?

#60 loulou1985

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:47 PM

It is quiet. I'm sort of in the June group too (also quiet). I've got my first obs appointment this week. Feeling really seedy in the late afternoon/evening at the moment.

#61 sleung85

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

View Postloulou1985, on 13 October 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

Had my scan. Measuring at only 6+3 but with a hr of 120..quite far out from what I thought which was 7+2..

Hi LouLou,

I had my OB appt on Friday, when I should have been 7 weeks (LMP) or 6w4d based on potential ovulation. OB's machine had me down at 6w1d, so I was a bit concerned - she didn't, though. I go back on the 31st for another scan to determine EDD.

#62 Inexperienced

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:41 AM

Hi guys,

I have my scan this coming saturday 😊 so excited to see the little bub on screen!

#63 McBumcheeks

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

View Postloulou1985, on 15 October 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Feeling really seedy in the late afternoon/evening at the moment.

Loulou, same here. OK in the morning, but pretty crap by late afternoon, and sometimes kept awake by heartburn/reflux too. I hope the indigestion clears up at the same time as the nausea. Yesterday was my worst day yet for queasiness, I'm at 9 weeks 2 days today.

Do people generally hire a midwife for the duration of their pregnancies or what? I was reading that it's not generally covered by PHI so you have to pay. My other thought was a student midwife. I noticed though that no student midwives currently advertising appear to be in Sydney. Where else would you find one?

#64 BugBiEz

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:58 AM

Mcbumcheeks- This is my 4th and I've never hired a midwife. I had a private obstetrician for my first (he was there for the last 20 or so minutes, leading up to that I just had the midwife on duty) With my 2nd and 3rd I went public and just saw the midwives at the hospital, I did have several students involved but no one person was constant. I imagine it will be the same this time round with number 4.

I just had my bloods taken for my harmony test! So excited (and worried) I can't wait for our results. Then I can relax till my next scan at 20 weeks (I'm 13 today)

#65 Inda

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

Hi Ladies, Hope everyone is going ok and starting to feel a little better. My morning sickness seems to be dropping off slightly. Still having bad days and feeling the need to puke but no where near as regularly. Fingers crossed it doesn't come back with a vengeance now I have said that!

Just wondering when you all have/had/are booking for your first obstetrician appointment?
Got some info in the mail yesterday from the hospital (I rang to book in last week) and it said I need to make an obs appointment preferably before 12 weeks.. my SIL said hers where never before 15 weeks. Just curious if it means I need to have an appointment before 12 or just to book before 12 (so that I can get in maybe)..

#66 *~*ME*~*

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:05 PM

Hi ladies

Inda mine is booked next week at 12 weeks.

#67 Inda

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

ME - I'm 10 weeks and have the referrals from my Dr for my bloods next week and my 12 week scan on the 1st. I have booked for the hospital and organised my midwife apt with them at 16 weeks. Dr told me to ring and do that. She never said anything about having to book an Obs apt.. to be honest I hadn't even thought about the need to until I got this info yesterday!
Might just have to give them a call and sus it out. Don't think I would get in before 12 weeks now anyways..

Edited by Inda, 17 October 2017 - 03:32 PM.

#68 BugBiEz

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

Inda- I had my first appointment last Friday and I was 12 weeks

#69 Inexperienced

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:00 AM

Inda I'm book in with my ob at 9 weeks

#70 nfhero13

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

my first antenatal appointment is the 14th Nov, which is only a few days after my 12 week scan! (on the 9th) hoping the results are in by then!

#71 Inda

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:29 PM

So I have rang in regards to an obstetrician and got an appointment for Friday morning. I will be 10w3d (LMP 11w1d). Wasn't expecting to be able to get in so quickly but apparently this lady leaves a few appointments open for this reason.
So now I have that Friday, bloods next week and 12 week scan the following week.
What can I expect at the Ob appointment?

#72 *~*ME*~*

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Ob appt will go through your medical history
Previous pregnancies
Miscarriages
Mental health issues
If u smoke/ drink
If u have previous children how your labour/ birth was.
Husband details

#73 Inda

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

Thanx ME :)

#74 CoffsJen

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:35 PM

I got my harmony results - when they asked if the med student could deliver them I knew they must be good! And - it’s a girl πŸ’—πŸ‘ΆπŸΌπŸ’•

#75 loulou1985

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

Congratulations! I thought you meant the med student was going to deliver the baby and was thinking that was a long time for them to stay involved!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.