Due in June #1

165 replies to this topic

#151 Littlespoon79

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

View PostAsh82, on 01 December 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

That's wonderful news Littlespoon. A little girl!! Cute little dresses here you come :yes:
My husband has started talking about all the things that I'll get to do, or have to do, with her. He seems to think that he's not going to have any responsibility with a girl!

I had a bit of a scare last night. I woke up in the middle of the night with a really bad feeling about the baby. I would have tried to get an appointment with the midwife today to get some reassurance but I ended up having to take my son to the hospital because he suddenly got really sick (he seems fine now). So I've ordered a hire doppler online, hopefully it will arrive early next week so i can give myself some reassurance whenever i need it. Fingers are crossed that bub is ok.

#152 ~buzz~

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:54 AM

Hi I am tentatively joining.

Expecting number 3 due date 12th June but not sure I will be here for long will share my story.

Started TTC September last year, BFP in March followed by miscarriage the next day.

BFP 23rd September, early ultrasound showed sac but no heartbeat so follow up ultrasound 2 weeks later and everything looked good. 1 week after that I started bleeding, trip to emergency and had another ultrasound baby still looked fine and had a strong heartbeat.

After that everything seemed to be going ok, got to 12 weeks on Tuesday and had the NT scan, a few hours later received a call from my GP asking me to come in that day. Was told the baby has a lot of fluid in multiple places, a condition called Fetalis Hydrops, which would have an underlying cause. Referred to the antenatal clinic for follow up tests.

Antenatal appointment Thursday morning and was told they had received the results from combined blood and ultrasound and they weren't good, Trisomy 21 risk 1 in 12, Trisomy 18 risk 1 in 3 and Trisomy 13 risk 1 in 5. These risks plus the Hydrops put us at a very low chance of bby being healthy.

We are currently in limbo waiting to hear from the hospital for an appointment for a CVS and then will see where we go from there.

#153 loulou1985

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

Buzz, so sorry to hear you're going this. The days must seem to be going on forever until you get your answer!

I'm mostly in the other group but popping in here now and again. Had issues with an incarcerated uterus last weekend causing inability to wee. Had a catheter for 3 days before my obs repositioned my uterus and put a pessary in. Now have a cold and sore throat! Ugh

#154 sundayfunday

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:02 PM

Oh buzz, how scary. Are you going to get a nipt/harmony test or was that already done? I feel like these babies keep us on our toes, from before they are even conceived!

We are all over on another area if you feel comfortable coming over. Msg me if you want to come say hi šŸ™‚

#155 ~buzz~

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

Hey yes I will message you sundayfunday I wasn't sure if there was another group set up.

I wont be getting the nipt as it will just give us a more accurate risk and would probably need the CVS or amnio anyway to officially diagnose. It has been a very stressful few weeks, am trying to just take it 1 day at a time and focus on my other children until we know more.

#156 Ash82

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:18 AM

Hi Buzz, seems like such a scary and emotional time. Hope you are getting the support you need and great you have your other kids during this time.

Littlespoon - a Doppler sounds like a great idea to reduce stress levels. And great to hear your son is better.

loulou - get better soon!

12 weeks tomorrow for me and nausea and tiredness has eased ever so slightly :yes:

#157 CoHil

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

Hey there ladies,

Dipping my toe into this group with an estimated due date of 28th of june. Clearly a huge shock as we weren't trying for a baby, and marriage plans were a few years off, but none the less super excited now.
11 weeks tomorrow & we're getting married in 4 weeks. I've never been more stressed in my life!

Already booked in royal randwick in the midwifery program & booked in for my nuchal scan on the 18th of december. so excited to see squishy (the baby) on the screen again!

Looking forward to getting to know you all over the coming months!

#158 loulou1985

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:53 AM

Welcome cohil! It's a bit quiet here. I've sent you a pm :)

#159 MTillBB

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:07 PM

Hi. I just posted most of this on the introduction section but found this so thought I'd write a little more.
It's been years since I've been on any internet forums. I'm expecting my first at the end of June, the 29th to be exact which is also my birthday, I still smile and shake my head about that.
It still feels kind of like surreal I guess. There are fertility issues all through my family so I wasn't expecting it to happen without intervention. We were in the not preventing stage.
Aside from developing hypothyroidism (I've been on medication for that since 5 weeks), and my breast size increasing, I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms. I still haven't told many people.
So hi. I'm Marie.

#160 loulou1985

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:42 PM

Hi Marie,

I've sent you a pm :)

#161 Ash82

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:14 AM

Welcome CoHil and Marie!

13 weeks now and nausea has pretty much gone. Looking forward to my scan next week to be over with.

How is everyone going?

#162 Joliseix

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

Hi Ladies Iā€™m due in July but baby will arrive towards end of June.
Can someone please message me
About joining the place.

#163 na-shell

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:57 PM

Me too please, id like to join the group šŸ˜‰ Im so lazy on eb!

#164 dinokitten

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:13 PM

Hello!

I've been lurking around here since I found out I was pregnant in October, finally feel okay about posting now that I'm past 12 weeks and all my friends and family know. My DD is 22nd June. My husband is super excited which is really cute.

Would love to join the other group because this doesn't seem too active :)

#165 Emfren

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

Hi, I'm due 29 June too, with #3. Looking forward to some chat about where everyone is at

#166 capturingfog

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

Hi ladies - can someone please pm me details of the other group?  Thanks

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.