Issues with day care and me. What should I do?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 spr_maiden

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:15 PM

Sending staff home because they're sick is different to what has been implied in the thread.

Anyway, I would not be impressed with their attitude and a conversation with the director will hopefully sort it out

#102 PeninsulaGirl

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

The whole thing sounds ridiculous. If you're paying for the whole day it's nobodies business but you own whstvtime you chose to drop them off or pick them up as long as it's within their operating hours. In regards to the fruit I wouldn't send it either of my kids weren't going to be there to eat it. Andvin regards to asking you to change days, your bookingbis just as valuable and valid as any other. They can't ask you to change. Tell them to stop doing it. They're pushing it on all fronts. I would talk to the owner and tell them you're not happy with any of those things and ask for it to stop.

#103 IShallWearMidnight

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

Since most courses run by semester< I wouldnt think that they would ask more than twice a year if you can swap.

And you are paying for the whole day, its up to you how much you use.

#104 spr_maiden

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

hmmm, your update to last comment makes me think they're a bit dodgy OP.

I have never regretted leaving a centre that made me feel uncomfortable at drop offs/pick ups but have regretted waiting so long to leave.  I'd start looking around for another service.  You've still got a few cc years ahead of you, it'd suck to be dealing with pettiness and made to feel unwelcome for much longer.

#105 Feral Snow

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:57 PM

They sound exceptionally rude. I ring our centre if we're going to arrive after midday, but only to ask them to save some lunch for DD, not to "advise" them of what time she'll arrive. Sometimes we're there at 8 am, sometimes 9 or 9:30, this week at 10, sometimes later (especially during school holidays when the others are home and we have a lazy morning). We're paying for the full day whatever. At our centre, if you call before 9 to say you're not coming you get a substitute day within the next week, subject to availability - so there's an incentive to call early to let them know you won't be there at all.

I wouldn't take fruit unless they start providing it for your children.

#106 MsLaurie

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:56 PM

I can imagine it would be tricky ratios wise and for activities/ programming if you switched times a lot and they were never sure when your family would rock up, but if you're consistently arriving around the same time, how is that an issue?! Very odd behaviour from your centre.

I'd be checking out the alternative centre (and maybe seeing if there are options in the next suburbs?) - a place having old play equipment doesn't necessarily reflect on the quality of care and educational experiences provided.

#107 *Andi*

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:11 PM

View Postspr_maiden, on 12 October 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

The centre won't send permanent staff home if less children than expected are there.  They may want to confirm ratios so they can fit in planning time, PD days for certain staff, reporting, etc.  

You've obviously never worked with my old director then...she'd even shuffle kids between rooms to send staff home and earn her bonuses.

#108 aprilrainatxmas

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

The centre is being PAID to have OP's children for the WHOLE day. It shouldn't matter to them if they are there less hours.

Yes, I know it does as they try to maximize profit, but their 'inconvenience' should never be mentioned to OP.

#109 nup

Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:52 PM

What was happening to the fruit if it wasn't being given to your child? Perhaps there are a few parents not bringing fruit and they were reliant on your generosity. The fruit thing sounds odd. The hours sound odd.

#110 More cheese Gromit

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:28 AM

My son goes to a council run kinder and there is no ‘late to kinder’
Often due to our many appointments we turn up anywhere between 10:30 and 11:30

You are paying for a service to accomodate the needs of you and your husband. It’s why you utilise childcare, to tell you are late is mind boggling to me. And if all the activities are finished by 10:30 what are the kids doing for the rest of the day?

I would politely reiterate that due to the nature of you and your husbands work and study, the hours you drop off and pick up are the hours you require

Why would you take your kids earlier if it isn’t required?

Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.