Small Opening on the Scar

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 grubgal

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

Hi, the week before my 6 week check up i noticed a small opening, like a little hole in the middle of my c-section scar. This has since gotten a little bigger. I'm now on anti biotics and have to use solosite and a fresh dressing after each bath. I am having another check up soon but was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? My first c-section 9 years ago healed with absolutely no drama!!

#2 FretfulMum

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

I had this happen with my 1st CS around the 4wk mark. It was probably only about a 1cm section & it just wouldn't close up. There was a tiny bit of ooze coming out but It wasn't sore, red or at all inflamed. I just cleaned it out a bit every night. I finally worked out there was a little internal stitch poking through which I partly pulled out & cut off....this is all sounding very dodgy now that I've written it out 🤔

Anyway, it healed fine by about 8wks & I just told my Ob what happened at the 6wk check. The scar was a little thicker in that section but I didn't care. (I should have prefaced this by saying my DS1 was very sick in NICU at the time so I probably didn't take as good care of myself as I should!)

#3 Poppylove3

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

Yep this happened to me 9 months ago. I noticed it started bleeding in one spot. Realised it was open a bit. Had two lots of antibiotics and the doctor cleaned it. Healed ok but I have thicker scarring in that spot now. I think I probably over did it which caused it to open so slowed down a bit after that happened

#4 magnanimous

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:55 AM

Go to your dr ASAP and emergency if you start to feel unwell or in pain.

#5 Soontobegran

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

It is incredibly common to have one small area of a scar that doesn't heal straight away and is left to granulate from the bottom up. I don't think I have had one scar ever that I've ever been 100% happy with but I have had lots of break downs with the need for antibiotics and packing.
Sounds as though your doctor has it in hand, all it usually means is a not so pretty scar but just watch your temperature or for extending redness and tell your doctor but usually they heal well as they are quite superficial.

#6 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:20 AM

I had that happen with my second cs. I split a 2cm section as I tried to twist quickly to protect BF newborn from 22mo toddler launching himself at me.

Quick trip to Dr, antibiotics etc and it healed within a few weeks.

#7 HolierThanCow

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:51 PM

I had this happen with my first CS. It was more like a 5mm hole, never became sore, inflamed or infected. I'm sure I asked either the midwife, MCHN or GP about it and was told it was very common and only to worry if it became inflamed. There was a slight clear discharge from it. It healed on its own wishing a few weeks, I think.

#8 boymumma

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

View PostHolyCow, on 29 October 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

I had this happen with my first CS. It was more like a 5mm hole, never became sore, inflamed or infected. I'm sure I asked either the midwife, MCHN or GP about it and was told it was very common and only to worry if it became inflamed. There was a slight clear discharge from it. It healed on its own wishing a few weeks, I think.

Me too, with my first C/S. Just was careful to keep it clean and dry, my OB wasn’t concerned at all. It also healed a little thicker than the rest of my scar.

#9 grubgal

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:26 PM

Thanks everyone. Hopefully it heals up soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.