Chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#101 BabyBass2017

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

Birdie - that is so awesome!!!! Yaaay for disappearing symptoms!! Haha

I wish I could feel relieved with a more up to date blood test - but I only got 1 set done! The Dr didnt feel the need.. that was over 2 weeks ago now.

I guess no spotting or cramping is what will comfort me until I see this blob on Monday!

My scan is at 12.10 on Monday. I'll update you as soon as I can. Can't wait to hear your update.

Thanks Tealover!! Oh yes, the worrying has well and truly begun. Us women are so awesome, and i'm not even officially a mother yet. I just know that we put so much on our plate and we freakin' handle it all!!!!
:yes: :yes:

Edited by BabyBass2017, 15 November 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#102 Sweet.Pea

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

View PostBirdie11, on 15 November 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

Welcome sweet.pea! Congratulations! It’s so exciting after trying for so long isn’t it?! I’ve had mixed emotions: some days in super excited and some days I’m super scared of losing it. Only exaggerated by the hormones I’m sure.

TeaLover- fx for a speedy recovery.

I’m 6 weeks today! Hooray! Sitting at pathology waiting for bloods because I’ve freaked myself out about my symptoms disappearing. Haha! I was going to hold out til scan on Monday but I’d rather just ease my mind I think.

I could have written the bit about the disappearing symptoms! My eyes teared reading it so hormones are in full swing?

What symptoms for you fade out?

#103 Sweet.Pea

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

BabyBass2017 that's so exciting! You should hear the heartbeat?

#104 kentieness

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

Awesome results, Birdie! :D

#105 Birdie11

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

View PostSweet.Pea, on 15 November 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

I could have written the bit about the disappearing symptoms! My eyes teared reading it so hormones are in full swing?

What symptoms for you fade out?

I’m an IVF pregnancy, just FYI. I’m not sure how much of an impact that has on timing of symptoms etc because of the extra meds they give us. But from around 4w I was waking up because I felt nauseous in the morning, that only lasted about a week. From about 9days post my embryo transfer (which would be about 3w5d) I had sore boobs, bloating, increased gas, insane amounts of peeing, lower back pain and period pain cramps. That lasted up until 5+2 when the cramps and back pain disappeared. Then at about 5+4 all symptoms disappeared altogether. So for a few days now it’s been nothing. Oh, except the tiredness. Week 4&5 I was soooo tired I was going to bed early and having a 2 hour nap every day. The tiredness is a bit better, however I still needed a rest this afternoon and yesterday I pretty much went to bed at 7:30pm. Haha

#106 TeaLover

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

View PostBabyBass2017, on 15 November 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

Thanks Tealover!! Oh yes, the worrying has well and truly begun. Us women are so awesome, and i'm not even officially a mother yet. I just know that we put so much on our plate and we freakin' handle it all!!!!
:yes: :yes:

We are amazing, that’s for sure! And you’re totally a mama now. Your job as mama has officially begun!! Welcome to the club :)

I’m starting to feel a bit seedy now. Hoping morning sickness doesn’t hit me as badly as it did the last two times. As long as I eat I think I’m okay, craving all the heavy greasy proteins at the moment. Haha. Oh and I’ve gone off tea! :(

Edited by TeaLover, 15 November 2017 - 06:58 PM.

#107 imme

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:28 PM

View PostTeaLover, on 15 November 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

Oh and I’ve gone off tea! :(
Nooooooo!  That would be the WORST!  :(

I went off chocolate with my daughter, that was so weird for me.  I went crazy for lollies instead and I'm usually a massive chocolate fan and will only eat lollies if they're sitting there calling my name  :laugh:

Blood test for me tomorrow, wont get results until Friday though.  So very, very nervous!  Appointment with the FS as well to hopefully start on a plan if this doesn't work out.

Edited by imme, 15 November 2017 - 08:29 PM.

#108 Sweet.Pea

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:00 AM

Haha Imme - I have gone off chocolate too! I love it! I feel like we arevgoing to save heaps of money.

Goodluck with the tests today 🙂

Tealover - all tea? You could try herbal if safe?

Edited by Sweet.Pea, 16 November 2017 - 05:01 AM.

#109 TeaLover

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:53 AM

All tea!! It happened last pregnancy too. Everything tastes funny at the moment. I’ve been drinking hot chocolate instead of tea first thing in the morning because it helps with the nausea but it doesn’t taste normal lol

Good luck Imme! Fingers and toes crossed for you.

#110 McBaby's Mum

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:54 AM

Hi ladies, This is my third baby. Due 21st July. Xo

#111 TeaLover

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:07 AM

Welcome McBaby’s Mum and congratulations :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.