Chat # 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
197 replies to this topic

#176 imme

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:33 PM

Sorry to hear the nausea is so bad furbabies.  Have you tried using maxolon or zofran?  Zofran is pretty good if you're able to get it from your doctor.  I've found it really effective for extreme nausea I get from migraine occasionally.

I hope all is OK with you Birdie.  Blood is always so scary.  I have had bleeding of different kinds with both of my successful pregnancies.  Brown with my son and red with my daughter.  I was so, so worried, but thankfully everything turned out fine.

Gastro was the last thing you needed Tealover!  :(

Edited by imme, 25 November 2017 - 12:33 PM.

#177 Sweet.Pea

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

How are you feeling Birdie?

I hope it was just a once off for you.

#178 fairybub

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:43 PM

Today I had an ultrasound and I found out it was twins! Two yolk sacs in one gestational sac.  I’m measuring at 5w3d though so too early for heartbeats.  I have another scan booked for 3 wks time So will be countiy down  the days!  I can’t believe it I’m in shock. It could go one of two ways and I’m hoping for heartbeats next time.

#179 Sweet.Pea

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

How much folic acid is everyone taking?

I am taking elevit and will start taking another vitamin to raise to 1000mg per day.

#180 Sweet.Pea

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

Congratulations fairybub! Have you had any extreme symptoms or just cruising along?

#181 kentieness

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:08 PM

Did you have any more bleeding, Birdie?

Congratulations, fairybub! I was going to mention the other day that odds are we'd end up with a couple of sets of twins in our due in group!

Sweet.Pea, I'm just taking the Cenovis folic acid tablets.

#182 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:17 AM

Wow fairybub that must’ve come as a shock! How exciting!! How do you feel about twins?!
Sweet pea I’m just taking Elevit when I can once a day

#183 TeaLover

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:57 AM

Thanks ladies. I’m still feeling a bit off today but no more vomiting at least.

Sweet pea I’m taking extra folic acid because my DH has Spina bifida.

Congrats fairybub! Twins run in my family.

How is everyone feeling?

#184 Joliseix

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:49 AM

Congrats Fairybub!

I’m just taking elevit.

Hope everything is okay Birdie

#185 Birdie11

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:54 AM

Sorry for no personals, I have read your posts I’m just super distracted atm.

Still spotting, still worried- will call GP tomorrow morning to ask for ultrasound request. So scared. This baby took us over three years- I am so scared of losing it. I can’t face IVF again. I’ll keep you guys posted if my gp allows an US

#186 Rhoxie

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:29 AM

Birdie...you don't have to wait to see your g.p. I was spotting red so the locum sent me straight to emergency. Emergency  ran a hcg test and sent me for a scan.

#187 Birdie11

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:02 AM

Rhoxie- what’s your gestation? At what stage were you spotting? I hope it is all okay now? My local hospital I terrible, I really don’t want to go and wait for hours there. There is literally nothing I can do that willl change the outcome so I think I’d rather wait and go through my GP- I just feel more comfortable that way.

#188 Joliseix

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:05 PM

Have you had a scan yet Birdie?

I had a sac of blood during my last pregnancy, it bleed on & off for weeks & my little girl was perfectly fine.
Fx it’s nothing to worry about x

#189 Rhoxie

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:05 PM

My outcome was not good. Im about 7 weeks but I'm pretty sure my baby has gone. I've got a final scan on Friday to make sure.
I had a massive bleed over an hour on Friday accompanied by what felt like back labour. I'm still bleeding now. I'll have another blood test tomorrow to confirm that hcg is dropping then it's just waiting until Friday to make sure everything has passed. I have no hope left.

#190 Jackrabbit

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:11 PM

I'm so sorry Rhoxie. I wish it was better news for you. Big hugs. :sorry:

#191 anontime

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:18 PM

Birdie - I had bleeding at 8 weeks. I was really worried, but it turned out it was a fibroid or something that had been bumped. I hope all is okay for you.

Rhoxie - I am so sorry <3

#192 imme

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:39 PM

I'm so very sorry, Rhoxie :(

#193 Stardusties

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

I'm so sorry Rhoxie x

#194 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:14 PM

So sorry Rhoxie xx

#195 Sweet.Pea

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:13 PM

Sorry to hear Rhoxie

#196 Joliseix

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

I’m so sorry Rhoxie.

Is it possible that you have a heamatoma?
Have you had any scans prior to the bleeding?

#197 TeaLover

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:06 PM

So sorry Rhoxie. Sending love.

Hoping all comes back fine birdie! x

#198 Rhoxie

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:13 PM

Joliseix I had the scan on Thursday and they looked for a hematoma and found no visible reason for the bleeding. My big bleed happened Friday afternoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.