Chat # 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
197 replies to this topic

#51 mummy&mummak

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:27 PM

View Postlovemyfurbabies, on 17 November 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

I’m taking Elevit atm, considering trying the Elevit MS too, has anyone tried it? I tried maxalon last time but it did nothing so not sure if Elevit is likely to touch the MS or not.

I had severe MS with DS1 and tried this, it didn't do anything for me, the only thing I found that worked was 1/2 of a restavit tablet daily (over the counter) advised by my OB

#52 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:15 AM

Thanks mummy and momma. I figured it’s probably not going to do a lot, the MS really knocked me for 6 this week. Haven’t heard of restavit but I will look into it thanks 😊

#53 Birdie11

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:45 AM

Sweet.Pea- I was talking about disappearing symptoms at the beginning of the week. I felt SO normal it was scary. I got a BT and all was normal. And the nausea hit me with a vengeance yesterday. Haha! Apparently symptoms come and go at their leisure. So buckle down for a crazy ride.

As for what I take, Elevit messes with my IBS so I take Blackmores I-Folic. It’s folic acid with iodine. Not sure if I will switch to pregnancy vitamins, due to IBS, but I also have a really well balanced diet etc so don’t really think it is necessary. I’ll wait and see what my OB says.

#54 anontime

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hi all. Going well here - I had my 2nd blood test yesterday (5 and a half weeks), and it was rising nicely, nearly 6000. I'll have a scan at 7 weeks - 29 November. Yesterday I felt SO sick. I think a lot of it is the progesterone supplements I'm on, though.

Has anyone told family and friends yet? So far we have told my family, but not yet DP's, just because we haven't seen them yet.

Pleased to hear everyone is doing well so far!

#55 Sweet.Pea

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

Birdie11 I hope they come back!

My HCG was 500 5w 2d and at 5w 4d 1700.

I'm having a scan at 8 weeks in 2 weeks so hopefully everything is good.

Anontime we haven't told anybody. I think we are saving it for Christmas 🙂

#56 poppy_seed

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

Hi everyone,

I am so so so excited to be joining this forum. I thought it would never happen. Just found out we are pregnant after 21 months ttc from a IVF frozen embyro transfer. Still feeling completely astonished and pretty much just in disbelief. I'm at 4+2 today, so very early days, and booked in for my scan on the 4th Dec (early because it's an IVF preg). Anyway, I'm just so happy to be writing this post and to read all your messages...I can't wipe the smile off my face xx

#57 anontime

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

Congratulations, Poppy Seed! This one for me is also a frozen embryo. Hope you're feeling good!

#58 Birdie11

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

Poppy_seed- WELCOME!! And congratulations!!! I’ve seen you in the AC forums. I’m in the same boat with my first ever Pregnancy after over 3 years TTC and our 3rd IVF attempt. I’m 6+3 today. And have my scan at 6+5, on Monday. So nerve wracking. What’s your expected due date and I’ll put it in our list??? Yay!!!

Anontime- we told both or families straight away at 3+5. Couldn’t keep it a secret because they all knew we were doing IVF. It’s scary having so many people know but we just think of something does go wrong, we will have a lot of support. And if everything goes well, we will have a lot of support. So either way it’s a good thing they know. 😊

My hcg at 4w5d was 1800, and 6w was 30,000. Maybe twins? I mean I doubt it because we only transferred one embryo. Just seems quite high compared to other HCGs.

#59 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

Congrats and welcome poppyseed what a journey!

#60 Rhoxie

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

Welcome Poppyseed

We've  told some family that we've seen and 3/5 of the kids but we are waiting for the scan before we tell anyone else.

I have had only mild morning sickness ..well until  yesterday when it hit me horribly and I had to be sent home from work. Turned out I was actually sick though, not morning sickness. 🙁 Its hard to tell the difference.

I went shopping in Myer for maternity bras as my normal bras are starting to feel tight...It went spectacularly badly. Not a single pair to be had in my size, either in store or ordered in. My only option is to buy online and with bras that's  going to be a nightmare.🙁

#61 Birdie11

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:23 PM

Rhoxie- ugh! I plan on waiting until 5 months to buy proper maternity bras. But for now I just went to Bras n Things and bought two without underwire. They’re so comfy!! What size do you need? Surely Bras n Things could help?

#62 Stardusties

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:20 PM

Welcome Poppyseed!

I just got 4 maternity bras from cotton on- they were $10 each on special so I wasn't going to leave a bargain like that there lol. I'm also finding the underwire ones uncomfortable so these are a nice change.

We also havn't told anyone yet, I think we're doing an xmas announcement.

#63 TeaLover

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

Congratulations poppyseed!!

I’m taking elevit and extra folic acid, we have a higher risk of Spina bifida so I have to take a higher dosage.

I’m still in maternity/nursing bras from number 2 and I really like Triumph. They have sales fairly regularly and I find them very comfy.

We haven’t told anyone yet. It’s still early days here and we’ll wait until after it’s confirmed with blood test and possibly dating scan. It brings us so close to christmas that it’s tempting to wait and surprise everyone but not sure yet. We have told everyone fairly early in the past though.

#64 Sweet.Pea

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:40 PM

Hi guys

What weeks is everyone having their scans? I am scheduled week 8 and 20 - is there supposed to be one week 12?

#65 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:08 PM

It will be 10 (brief with OB), 12 for NT and 20 for morphology for me. Sweet Pea there is usually a 12wk scan if you want to check the Nuchal fold measurements for Down’s syndrome but It’s optional.

#66 Rhoxie

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:13 PM

I wear a 14G now in fayreform. The fitter in Myer measured me as a 12H in the triumph  maternity bras. I tried that on but there was absolutely no spare room in it at all so it will be too small by the time I have the Baby. She said I'd  need the 14H at the minimum. The computer system in Myer said 14H was not available. 🙁

#67 stace_wa

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:21 PM

Hi ladies.

I'm dipping my toe in here early, not sure if I should just yet, but we will see how we go.
I got a surprising bfp on Thursday just gone. Surprising not because we aren't ttc, but because I had thought af had come early last Sunday at 13dpo and I'd had a BFN at 11dpo. I stopped bleeding on Wednesday and thought it had been pretty light so decided to test with a frer on Thursday with fmu. Was not expecting a bfp to show! I've done follow up hpts and the frer was about the same yesterday, but today's prognosis test was a squinter so I'm not very confident tbh.

I had to argue with my idiot gp to get a bHCG and progesterone checked on Thursday and he's refusing to do any follow up bloods despite this being my third pregnancy in 6 months with a mc at 5 weeks in June and another at almost 10 weeks in September with a subsequent d&c. I won't get the results from Thursdays test until Monday. My gp is trying to put my lmp as 15/11... How I could ovulate, have the egg get fertilised without having sex, implant and get a bfp by cd5 I don't know 🤔🤔 I should actually be 5 weeks around Tuesday next week.

I'm getting symptoms, but I'm also sick and have been for the last 2 weeks. Today I almost threw up making my 15 month old and myself a sandwich though which is not like me at all. I feel awful but it's so hard to know what is just sickness and what could be pregnancy!

Sorry for the novel. I hope I get time to know you all well. Wishing you all an uneventful 9 months!

#68 imme

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

Congratulations to the new people joining!  :)

I think we will be keeping this pregnancy a secret as long as possible actually.  I think sometimes it will be difficult to do, but I just want to keep it for me and my husband for a while.

#69 Stardusties

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:07 PM

I'll have the dating scan at around 7 weeks, possibly the 12 week one (though I didn't with my last two), morph scan at 20 weeks and a 3D one at 28ish weeks.

Depending on how it goes there may be some growth scans or general wellness scans along the way as well.

#70 Emerald Halo

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:08 PM

Oh gosh I feel like an idiot - I didn't realize the 2nd thread had opened and wondered why there was little action in the first one! lol

We've been in Fiji for 5 days and returned late Thursday night, so lets just say the combo of hot weather, no cocktails and buffet food has been a challenge for this Mama Bear!

I had my dating scan on Friday and measured very close to cycle dates, giving us an EDD of July 2nd.... exciting but a little too close to comfort to our little girl's 2nd birthday which is on the 27th June (she was due July 10th but was breech and came early).

I'm a bit tired, bloaty in the evenings and boobs are tender to touch but otherwise nothing much going on.

Mummy&Mummak and RubyEmerald, I remember you from 2 years ago! :)

#71 Itsok15

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:28 PM

Evening ladies,

Just poking my head in to say hi! I've just got a very faint positive on 2 tests so early days but thought I'd stay positive and join the group!

Been ttc for 4 months for baby #2, ds was 2 in August. Had an ectopic last July (with a mirena in) and lost a tube so was a bit worried about ttc this time so super excited and shocked!
Hopefully get a stronger line tomorrow and will go for bloods next week. Fingers crossed it sticks and I can join you ladies in the exciting months ahead!

#72 imme

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:38 PM

Congrats itsok :)

Emerald halo, my daughter's birthday is the 27th of June also! This baby is due 18th of July which is the day after my husband's birthday. Busy few weeks potentially!

#73 Rhoxie

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:11 PM

Emerald Halo I'm also wary of my due date being too close to my daughter's birthday/s. I'm  due on July 15th
My dds 18th birthday is on July 11th.
My partners birthday is on July 6th
My dsds 9th birthday is on June 25th
And ....my birthday is June 26th

My last two babies came a week early but that was over a decade ago now...😄

Edited by Rhoxie, 18 November 2017 - 10:12 PM.

#74 Sweet.Pea

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:06 AM

To the people with heaps of birthdays in July - I would be organizing a family holiday each July as a treat to celebrate.

With our baby in July our birthdays will be evenly spread so I think it works out well.

I'm so tired today - I keep waking up at 3:30am...last night I woke up at 2am.

Is anyone else getting insomnia? Not sure if it's pregnancy or something else. I think I might have to go get a book to read up because I'm not sure of what to expect, what's normal etc.

#75 TeaLover

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostRhoxie, on 18 November 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

I wear a 14G now in fayreform. The fitter in Myer measured me as a 12H in the triumph  maternity bras. I tried that on but there was absolutely no spare room in it at all so it will be too small by the time I have the Baby. She said I'd  need the 14H at the minimum. The computer system in Myer said 14H was not available.

Oh no! That sucks :( I guess I’m lucky that I’m only a 12D.

Welcome to all the newbies! :) Congratulations on your bfps and crossing fingers for a smooth and boring 9 months!

Sweet pea I’m struggling a bit with Sleep, but mainly getting back to sleep once I’m woken up. My DD still breastfeeds and wakes at least once overnight so once she does, I’m wide awake. It’s Exhausting! It can be pretty normal though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.