Help needed - Ideas

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 samandimmysmum

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

Hi,

I just about have everything needed to start by business within a week thereabouts.. this is where I need your help.

I have been thinking of promotions to get the ball rolling.  These include:

a) 90 min for price of 60min inc face mask. so basically 60min massage and 1/2 face mask.  Only thing is I am not trained for facials.

b) $10 off new clients only.

What other promotions can I offer that will get the client to rebook.

TIA

#2 kirtyw

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:06 AM

My hubby runs his own business.. and it really is customer satisfaction that gets rebooking. Great service with a lovely person. Focus on that and you're business will shine out!

#3 Silver Girl

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

What is your business (aside from massage/facials)?

I like it when the forms at the first visit ask whether the client prefers silence or a chat during treatment. It would help you to tailor your approach to each client and make them more likely to return.

As they leave you could ask if they want to rebook for next time or just call when they’re ready. You could offer an sms reminder service.

Sell gift vouchers and promote them as Christmas gifts.

Good luck!

#4 Tokra

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

Return client awards - like an awards card.

Get *this* free or at a reduced price when you book 5 of this or that etc.

#5 Mooples

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:19 PM

I’m not sure doing facials if you’re not trained to do them is a great idea.

The only thing I don’t like about the $10 off for new clients is that I think you should also be rewarding existing clients. They are the ones most likely to return given they already have if that makes sense so you want to keep them happy too. Maybe a $10 off all one hour treatments for everyone as a once off to celebrate the new business

#6 Indefinable

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

10% off next visit voucher handed out when customer makes payment

#7 Zippypeaks

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:56 AM

Referrals! If a customer brings a friend, they both get an offer ($10 off, complementary treatment) whatever it is, it's a way to use current customers to build on your client base!

#8 Literary Lemur

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:09 AM

An easy booking system.  A local business always has a board out the front listing the appointments free today.  

If I have to phone, then wait for a call back or whatever I probably wouldn't bother.

Could you make up gift cards for Christmas that look more special?  Say in a box with another items?  That way you could advertise service plus free gift?

#9 samandimmysmum

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

at the moment until I can do further courses its only relaxation massage.

I currently have a flyer drawn up (still playing around with it) as

Back to Work Special
mention this coupon and receive
$10 off
1hr full body massage (inc scalp massage)
(new clients only)

what if I changed this to all first appointments - $10 off

Since posting this question I have designed a loyalty card - 3rd $10 off, 7th 1/2 price and 10th/11th free (sorry this is off the top of my head). I have also written not to be used for any other offer.

I also plan to offer a referral system as well.

I also would like to keep those who helped me with my log books give them a discounted rate.

Its just this initial opening that I am stuck with

#10 VVV

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

Where are you located? In need of a massage!!

#11 jayskette

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

what about a listing on Groupon?

#12 Not Escapin Xmas

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:38 AM

Promotions are good but I would be concentrating on telling every single person you know (and anyone else you meet!) that you have started a new massage business.

Don't worry too much about a big 'launch'. You'll be sorely disappointed (probably). You just need to find your first client, then your second and so on.

Good luck, I know how daunting it is! Pre-marketing is really the best thing you can be doing at this stage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.