Due in July 2018 Chat #3

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#326 Fitzroy

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

Is it okay for those of us who love this group but don't post very often to join the group on the other site?

#327 imme

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

I still check in here :)

#328 Sweet.Pea

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

I'm in both ☺

How's everyone going?

#329 Skittles22

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

I'm still here. I'm only on this site though.

I was hoping that since I'm at 12 weeks now things would be settling down but last week was awful for nausea - the worst week yet.

At least I can tolerate plain water now. Think I'll stay away from fish for a while though!

#330 Harley18

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

I'm still here! I didn't know there was another site?
I don't have too much to report - I have my fist midwives appointment next Thursday - so am just chilling out until then and doing pram research!
How is everyone else going?

#331 Harley18

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

What's the other site?

#332 cloey79

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

I'm still here.. what's the other site?

#333 kentieness

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

I'm still here, just don't post much :)

If anyone wants to join the FB group you can PM me and I can invite you!

#334 cloey79

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

Ok I'm on the other site now - will keep checking in here though as I know not everyone is over there- Birdie you're not there right? Hope all is well! :)

#335 kimstar

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:06 AM

Hi, new here, 12w4d.

Getting the NIPT test results on Friday, bit nervous and hoping that everything will be fine and there are no issues.

Been having really bad morning sickness since hit week 12. I was quite nauseous from week 7 but now it is really bad especially at night and finding I can't really eat anything and throwing up if I do.

When I was week 9 I couldn't eat or drink anything one day I kept throwing up, so went to hospital and the doctors weren't sure if it was bad MS or gastro. They put me on a drip to get hydrated and gave me a prescription for Ondesteron / Zofran. I asked my regular doctor about it and he said it was fine to take even though I read there could be side effects to the baby like cleft lip, heart problems. Has anyone been prescribed this?

I find that if i don't take it I'm just very sick and can't function or sleep at night so it is a god send in a way.

Just worried that between taking these pills and not being able to eat much it will affect the health of the baby.

Kim

#336 Skittles22

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

Hi kimstar.

Sorry to hear that your MS is worse.

I know someone who had HG with both of her pregnancies and was admitted to hospital multiple times. Both her bubs were born perfectly healthy.

#337 mummy&mummak

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Welcome kimstar
Sorry to hear your MS is bad. I have taken ondansentron this pregnancy, and last pregnancy I was in restavit and maxalon from 12-40 weeks and my boy is perfectly healthy.
I hope you start feeling better soon

#338 Birdie11

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Kimstar- hi! I’ve added your due date to our massive list. 😊

Cloey- nope. I’m not on the other site. Not sure why. I think maybe I don’t want to have to check two places for updates? Haha. But maybe I should jump ship?

AFM- 15w yesterday. Still finding it hard to believe there is an actual baby sometimes. Haha haven’t felt anything since that one time at 13 weeks. 16w OB appt next Thursday. Can not wait to see baby again. I always get so nervous on the lead up to an appt that they will ultrasound me and it will be bad news. I’ve also been doing staaaaacks of research on nappies. Have bought my car capsule and have to literally ban myself from my computer to stop myself from buying gmcute baby clothes. Haha especially because my eyes always drift to boy stuff and I’ve no idea what I’m having.

#339 Skittles22

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

I had my 13w scan yesterday which was pretty exciting. Bub looks good at this stage.

They were super thorough and explained every little detail on screen. My obstetricians office uses this place exclusively. I had no idea the place did 4D as well and we were given standard and 4D pics to take home.

Follow up appointment with my ob next week which will be the first time I'll meet her as she was on holidays at my previous appointment.

#340 Cow_girl

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

Hi ladies,

I hope you don’t mind if I join you.
I am due 23rd July, I have three children to my ex husband. 9,13,15yrs. Now 13 weeks 5 days to my new partner this is his first and we can’t wait to meet our new addition.
I work full time so am feeling pretty exhausted most days, bouns is the vomiting and nausea have all but gone now.
Good luck to everyone and wishing you all happy healthy babies 😊

#341 kentieness

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

Welcome kimstar and cow_girl :)

#342 kz27

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:23 PM

Hi everyone...i.forget to check in, what is this other site that is getting mentioned? Is it easier?

#343 kentieness

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

Sent you a PM kz27

#344 kz27

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:47 PM

I opted to skip the ultrasound at 14 weeks as my NIPT was low risk. Morphology ultrasound is booked at 19 and half weeks, midwife appt in the afternoon. I had first antenatal midwife apt last week and the kids got to hear the heartbeat. Meanwhile no kicks or flutters yet (16+3) but hopefully soon! Work is already saying I can't go on maternity leave, ahh, to feel so valued!!

#345 Deiva

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

Hi there - hope you don't mind if I join in? I'm a bit late to the party, but now have a bit more time to chat.

I'm 26 weeks and due at the end of July (probs August as it's my first).

I'm about to go for a gestational diabetes test tomorrow...looking forward to the nice 2 hour rest and the sweet drink (not!). Fingers crossed I'll be fine as my mum is a diabetic.. and I seem to love the fruit at the moment.

#346 imme

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:12 AM

Welcome!  Hope your test went well  :)

I think most, if not all, of us are posting in the other place now so if you'd like an invite just let us know.

#347 Deiva

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:01 PM

View Postimme, on 28 April 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

Welcome!  Hope your test went well  :)

I think most, if not all, of us are posting in the other place now so if you'd like an invite just let us know.

Hi imme,
Sorry for the late reply, I thought I followed this post, but it seems not as I haven't received any notifications of your reply..
It turns out I'm not diabetic - thank goodness - I really thought that this is the one baddie that I'm going to get as I had a relatively easy pregnancy so far.

And yes please, I would love an invite to the other place :yes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.