• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#51 Sweet.Pea

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:59 AM

Thanks everyone!

How is everyone else?

#52 mummy&mummak

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:24 PM

Sorry I've been MIA. Mr 14 months has gastro and has passed it on to me 😭 He has lost a lot of weight from being unwell the last few weeks.

I had my dating scan last week and measured 7+5 which was only 2 days out of what we had guessed so our due date is now 13th July.  I seen my midwife and obstritrician on Friday aswell, I'm not 100% sure (I'll be asking questions at my next appointment) but it sounds as though I have to have a c section again which is a little disappointing, but the baby's gotta come out one way or another!

#53 Birdie11

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

Sweet Pea- woo! Great news on the scan.

Mummy&mummak- gotta do what ya gotta do hey! It’s a pity you might need a Caesar if you had hoped not to though.

I don’t know about everyone else but I have no plan for how I’d like to have my baby. I’m just going to see what happens and hope for a brilliant outcome. Hehe!! Someone in one of the other threads just had their baby 8 weeks early! Scary biscuits. He’s doing fine and healthy. But I guess you can never predict these things.

#54 Sweet.Pea

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

Mummy&mummak sending well wishes your way. Child & you with gastro - Argh!

Birdie11 I haven't thought about how the baby is going to come out either - that's what the doctor is for!

8 weeks early is early! When does everyone buy furniture etc?

#55 mummy&mummak

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:11 AM

Birdie I had hoped to at least try to go natural this time and experience labour, but it is what it is!

Thanks sweet pea, he's a lot better today thankfully!

#56 BabyBass2017

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

Hi ladies, Happy Monday I hope everyone had a nice weekend!
Jackrabbit – wishing you the best of luck today and I bet you’re going to see a lovely heartbeat there xx
Glad you had a good scan sweetpea, 144 is an awesome heart rate :yes: I’m wondering if mine is a bit slow. 121 @ 6+4. Desperate for another scan!
I’m getting my Harmony test done next Wednesday, 13 Dec and they do an ultrasound prior. I am praying everything is okay in there :huh:
9+2 today. Only symptoms are sore boobs in the mornings, hunger and fatigue.

#57 cloey79

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:45 AM

Morning lovelies!

Yes ditto to the good luck with your scan Jackrabbit..

So I'm 9w2d today (same as BabyBass!) and once again googled 'is it normal to not feel pregnant at 9 weeks'... :no2:  But of course there are little symptoms like major lethargy yesterday and doing up my jeans this morning and thinking this might be the last day I wear them..! Need to start hunting for some looser-fitting, more comfy clothes for summer.

Still no MS for me or any other real symptoms that I'm aware of.. This looks to be a bit of a nothing fortnight, until my Harmony test Friday next week which includes a scan which I am desperate for.. Show me that heartbeat!!

My sister who has two little girls has kindly offered us a bunch of her old baby stuff, including a good pram which I'm so grateful for! But also a pile of pregnancy books which I've declined (I'm avoiding books - too much info not a good thing IMO) and furniture which is really not my style. She has this monstrous changing table, and I think I'm going to do without one - we live in a small apartment so space for new furniture and I've had friends just get away with a changing mat on top of a dresser or on the bed. So I think that will be me too!

So to answer your question @Sweet Pea - I'm probably going to leave it pretty close to the last minute for furniture - no space right now and we will just make it fit when we need to :yes:

#58 BabyBass2017

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:01 AM

OMG Cloey - 20 mins ago I google "9w2d no symptoms".

Hahaha... yes, I feel like if there is a heartbeat for me next week, then I could maybe say that I am pretty close to being on the home stretch? I'm so paranoid about a missed miscarriage. And hope that my body would tell me that somethings not right.

I dont think i'll start seriously looking into furniture until I get to the 13, 14 week mark. First task is the clear out the spare room though! The bed that I sleep in when DP snores his head off will have to be sold! Noo!! Thats my saving grace!

I hope we all have a positive week. I love having this forum to let out my hopes and fears. Thank you ladies.
x

#59 Birdie11

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:34 AM

Sweet Pea- no symptoms would be a little unsettling but I’m sure once you see that baby at the Harmony you will feel grateful that you missed out on all this. 🤢🤢🤢 my friend is on her second child and horrendously sick, after having completely no symptoms at all with her first. Guess anything can be normal. Haha which doesn’t help much.

Re: Furniture- I bought a single bed to match ours while it was on sale just a couple weeks ago. I want a bed in the room so I can sleep in there on tough night. I’ll be getting my sisters bassinet and my bosses pram hopefully. I’ll be buying our cot online so will probs order that after the 20week scan. It’s a small room so only having a cot and single bed and a little book shelf. Change tables are useless in my opinion. After being a nanny for 15 years and all my bosses having them, I never used them. So I don’t want one taking up space. Haha!

My Hamonry test place didn’t mention a scan first but I assume that’s the norm? So hopefully I’ll get one too. Seeing my OB on Thursday. Can’t wait!!!

#60 Joliseix

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:07 AM

Congrats Swewt Pea

#61 Joliseix

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:14 AM

Only thing I really need to buy is a double pram & car seat.
I won’t be buying much else.

I had my last 2 6.5wks early so I’ll have a bag packed from 30wks but I’m hoping i’ll make it to 38wks this time.

#62 imme

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

We don't a scan here before the Harmony test, it's just a blood collection centre.  I asked my GP for a referral for a viability scan to have on the same day before I get the bloods done as that is what their website recommends anyway.  The scan place said I will be bulk billed for it so I was surprised by that as I expected to have to pay for that one.

We probably wont be buying furniture until close to the end when we get our car seat.  Our 2 year old is still in her cot and using the change table in her room etc. So we'll just buy another cot and it'll be in our room for the first 12 months anyway.  I think a cot and car seat is all we need anyway!  Kept the bassinet, bouncer, etc. all packed away in a cupboard.

Someone is going to have to share a bedroom after that though, and depending on the sex of this baby they might have to swap bedrooms too as my son has the big one currently.  Not sure how impressed he'll be about that...

#63 waipepe

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am due early August but I know that bub will come late July (scheduled SC). Can I still join this group as I feel I will be out of sink with DIG Aug.

Thanks!

#64 imme

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:01 PM

Of course, welcome!  :)

#65 waipepe

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:25 PM

So a little about me.

Bub #2. DD is 19 months.
Had the whole lot of blood work done today so waiting on the results but I know what they will be:)
Got my referral to the OB (he was great the first time and he is available again). The guy books out at 6 weeks so got to jump on that one. I also have a referral for the dating scan, yay.
Waiting for nausea to hit. I already have some of the other symptoms.

Most of you ladies are ahead of me on this one. Can't wait to get to know you all.

#66 Sweet.Pea

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

Welcome Waipepe!

What symptoms do you have?

Does anyone have extreme tiredness? I feel like sleeping all day!

#67 BabyBass2017

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:12 PM

Welcome Waipepe!
Yes sweetpea - extreme fatigue. I think its getting worse! I fell asleep on the floor yesterday at 5.30, laying on the carpet in front of the telly was so comfortable!

Edited by BabyBass2017, 04 December 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#68 TeaLover

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Definitely exhausted here. And the all day and night nausea is killing me. Even just thinking about food makes me gag. I hate this part of pregnancy. But I guess it’s also a good sign.

Have my first scan next Monday.

#69 waipepe

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:27 PM

I have metalic taste in my mouth and constant trips to the toilet to pee.

I am sure all day nausea will come soon, as well as being super tired.

#70 kentieness

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

Welcome, waipepe :) I have a 19 month old daughter, too!

I've been so sick today. Barely left the couch, every time I stand up my head spins and just feeling exhausted! 9 weeks today and I have a GP appointment tomorrow. Hopefully organise my 12 week ultrasound and get some maxalon!

#71 waipepe

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

Hi Kentieness,
how do you survive the sick days with an active 19 month old?
Once I start getting sick, I am thinking of extra daycare days for mine.

#72 kentieness

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

It's pretty difficult at the moment! I also have a 4 year old who sometimes can be helpful (keeps her distracted, plays with her, helps her get things, etc) but sometimes makes it worse by encouraging her bad behaviour or teaching her new naughty things to do!

Honestly, today I was on the couch for majority of the day because I was so sick! I got up to feed the kids and dress them. I even got my daughter to go get herself a nappy and bring it to me for nappy changes.

Bring on the second trimester!

#73 Sweet.Pea

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:48 AM

I'm looking forward to the third trimester! I'm already looking forward to holding our baby - 30 weeks to go.

#74 waipepe

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:54 AM

Got the blood test results for hcg last night, yup, preggo for sure:)
Next: dating scan, but going to wait at least another week.

#75 lovemyfurbabies

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:56 AM

Welcome waipepe! Such a great group of ladies here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.