LVD and other big people movers?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Always amazed!

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:12 PM

We need to upgrade our car to a 9 seater+

DOes anyone own a LVD they look lovely  but no boot space....

any other recomendations

#2 EXU

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

I'm not familiar with an LVD, but I do need a car for a family of 9. We recently had to buy a new car as someone ran into ours and wrote it off. Despite looking at other options, we again when with a Hiace as they are pretty reliable, comfortable for even a car full of adults (we have 4 teenagers) have plenty of boot space and there are a couple of spare spots for friends. And of course a few weeks later we found out #8 is (all going well) joining us, so we were luck we didn't go with a 9 seater.

The downfall is the size, parking in undercover car parks is often not going to happen, parking in general can be annoying and of course the higher petrol and some insurance companies wont insure Hiaces.

#3 ~Bob~

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:47 AM

I just got a Kia carnivale. It's a really lovely car with a great boot. It's only an 8 seater, but you can get it in an 11 seater option.

#4 Clementinerose

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:27 AM

I second the hiace, diesel has more go, heaps of boot space. Sucks about car parks though. Can still go through most drive throughs so that is a positive

#5 OllieJ83

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:03 AM

I have an ldv 9 seater. Beautiful car, spacious inside but yes no boot space at all! We have an imax as a second car which is only an 8 seater but even with the huge boot we would sometimes run out of space. We are planning to get a tow bar fitted in the ldv and take a trailer for family road trips. Not perfect but we preferred the everyday comfort over a hiace which has extra room but not the comfort. With groceries I just put them in the back seat.
They are great value for what you get in them but not the most economical car fuel wise.

#6 Always amazed!

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

thanx all

hubbys main reason for not liking the hiace is the high roof..

we both like the LVD but I dont think it will grow to well with our family. ours are all under 11 so i can see us outgrowing itespecially with no extra space for other things..

ahhh the joys of large families!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.