Due in August 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month.

If you need any help just let me know.

Enjoy!

#2 OneDayDreamer

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

Thanks Sandra! I've been hanging out for this thread :p

I'm due August 3rd - is anyone else here with me??

#3 BellBaby

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:36 AM

Onedaydreamer! Great to see you here! I'm due August 10th!

Have you got a scan booked yet? I'm holding out until 7w (22 Dec) to avoid any extra worry (had an mmc in Dec 2015 and all the early scans were way too stressful).

You've got a little one already too? DD will be 22m when the next one comes along!

#4 OneDayDreamer

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

Im booked in for this Sunday (6w2d) but I might push it back as well.

I do! She's just gone 18m, so will be just over 2 when this one arrives. She's very excited and baby obsessed so this is good timing!

#5 Tina1708

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

Hi ladies! I’ve been waiting for this group to pop up too :). I’m 4w2d currently and due Aug 13th- four days before my 33rd birthday.

Joining the group warily.. my partner has a balanced translocation of chromosomes (BT), which basically means our chance of a healthy pregnancy is about 1/6. We had at least 5 early miscarriages before we conceived our son. He’s currently 7 months and this was our first month trying. My frer tests are getting quite dark so we’re staying optimistic but not excited just let. We always miscarry before 6 weeks so I’ll feel more comfortable once we pass that milestone- and when we see a heartbeat!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

#6 BellBaby

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

Welcome Tina! Congratulations! That is quite a journey; I hope your little one sticks this time. You got your cycle back quickly! I didn’t until my dd was 11m.

Anyone have any symptoms yet?

#7 Tina1708

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:02 PM

Thanks BellBaby! Congrats to you too! I’m hoping to get a scan on the 22nd too- I know it’ll be early but we’re on holidays from Dec 27-Jan 5 and Id like to know everything is ok before then! Sorry to hear about your mmc :(

#8 Tina1708

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

Oh and symptoms- I’ve had some pretty bad headaches and some light nausea. Similar to when I was pregnant with my son. I had ms (well, all day sickness!) up until about 6 months so I’m hoping that won’t happen this time around! Haha. How about you?

#9 Demera

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

That sounds tough, Tina.  Wishing you the best of luck this time.

I'm due 1st August based on LMP. I don't see the Dr until Friday so I've done no tests yet, and I'll hopefully get a scan at around 8 weeks.  

I'm not really confident on this one... some days I feel very pregnant, other days there's virtually no symptoms.  However, I haven't quite hit six weeks which is when the morning sickness usually starts.  Hopefully I'll get a blood test Friday so I'll know by Monday if something good is happening.

I have one little girl who is 8 months old, so if this one sticks they'll be about 17 months apart.

#10 Tina1708

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

Welcome Louise! I feel kind of the same re not feeling pregnant all the time. I think it’s common for symptoms to be all over the place for a while.

Looks like you’ll have a similar gap between your kids as me! Are you nervous about that? I definitely am!

#11 EXU

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm due 1st of August, this is my 8th baby, my youngest will be a month shy of 8 by then. All going well, I'm not having a scan until the 12 week one, I don't have my first appointment until into the new year, seems getting an OB was much harder than I anticipated, despite trying to book a few days before 4 weeks! All my other children were born interstate, so unfortunately I can't go back to my previous one. This is a 2nd attempt vasectomy reversal baby for us, it seems a kid free trip to Italy for our anniversary at end of October / start of November did the trick for us :)  

I've had some pretty strong symptom right from the word go, I don't get morning sickness in the morning, but come 3-4pm it hits me and by 8pm most nights I'm struggling to stay awake. Today I had a training day, so not as tired as usual.

My children are so excited, when we told them they could hardly breath. They have told the entire world, well maybe not that many people, but anyone who will listen to them. I told them not to tell anyone, 2 minutes later they are telling all the neighbors. My son came to my work for an event last week and started telling the staff.

As for age gaps, I've done 16m and 22m, evidently it wasn't too bad as I kept going back for more :)

Edited by EXU, 05 December 2017 - 07:48 PM.

#12 OneDayDreamer

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

View PostBellBaby, on 05 December 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Anyone have any symptoms yet?

The first week I had a little MS and now nothing, really, just super tired (although it's the end of Term so I can't work out if it's because I'm pregnant or if it's just the usual!)

I'm sort of hoping something kicks in soon because I find this part really hard - not feeling pregnant, and kind of in the stage where there's nothing solid to hold onto (apart from a thousand tests.)

But the plus (sort of) side is I definitely look pregnant already. The difference between 3 and 4weeks is ginormous - I knew the body showed sooner with second pregnancies but I didn't think it would be *this* soon!

#13 Demera

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

Tina, not at all. I was hoping to have them as close together as possible.  I'm older so I don't have time to muck around and my brother is  11 months younger than me so it feels very normal.

Wow Exu that's a big family!  How do you keep up with them all?

Edited by Louise_M, 06 December 2017 - 07:14 AM.

#14 Mindful

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:23 AM

Hey ladies!

I think I'm due August 12th going by my LMP (using EB due date calculator). My app is telling me 9th though??

Looking to book for appointment at 6w+ or maybe closer to 7w (just want to see a heart beat!)

DH is over the moon. This is our first and feeling incredibly excited! I've got a cold right now and also been feeling 'off' in tummy since last week.

Wonderful to meet you all.

#15 BellBaby

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:37 AM

Aw Louise - I wouldn't stress too much about not having symptoms. Some people are just lucky! And some get their symptoms later on. It's easy to say though I know...my first pregnancy and even with dd I was paranoid about symptoms but too busy this time around to hope for any sickness haha.

EXU - WOW that's a big family! tough that you can't get an appointment sooner but I suppose you've done this so many times it doesn't worry you haha

Louise & Tina - my brother and I are 14m apart and I wanted as close as possible too! It's tough I hear...but worth it in the long run! We started ttc as soon as I got my cycle back which took way longer than I thought after dd.

Mindful - WELCOME! CONGRATULATIONS!!

AFM, I've been feeling queasy for a few days, had some utterly exhausted days and lots of that stretching/low pressure. No appetite, but insanely thirsty. A fair amount of insomnia which I cannot stand! Woke to sensitive nipples in the middle of the night for ages. I was reading my apps for last pregnancy and at about 5.5w I started throwing up...so that gives me just under a week.

Because I'm so afraid of being sick the whole time like before, I'm trying to get a lot of big chores done now, and freezing lots of meals because I won't want to be cooking. On the other hand - maybe it'll be a dreamy pregnancy! haha...

#16 BellBaby

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

I thought we could keep tabs just for fun! Of course dates change and such as none of us have had scans yet to confirm EDD!

AUGUST DUE DATES:

1   - Louise_M & EXU
3   - OneDayDreamer
7   - travel2018
10 - BellBaby
11 - PumpkinSpice
12 - Mindful
13 - Tina1708

Edited by BellBaby, 06 December 2017 - 05:36 PM.

#17 Sandra

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:37 AM

View PostBellBaby, on 06 December 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

I thought we could keep tabs just for fun! Of course dates change and such as none of us have had scans yet to confirm EDD!

AUGUST DUE DATES:

1   - Louise_M & EXU
3   - OneDayDreamer
10 - BellBaby
12 - Mindful
13 - Tina1708

You are most welcome to start a  new thread so you can put the due dates in, this has been done in other Due in Groups  :) Might make it easier to add people and for people to check.

#18 Tina1708

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

Looks like a few of you will have- or do have- a small gap between kids, or have siblings close in age. That makes me feel better :) From what I’ve heard, the first year is tough but it’s well worth it!

#19 travel2018

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm due August 7th  - this is my first pregnancy and first baby. It was our first cycle trying so we're both a little shocked it happened so quickly! I found out on Sunday 3rd December at 14dpo

I got by bloods back today and all looks good. HCG was at 230 on Monday.

Symptoms so far seems to be morning sickness which wakes me up around 4am every morning at which point i lay awake until my alarm goes off for work at 6.30am feeling pretty nauseous. By the time i'm ready for work though it's mostly gone thank goodness. Also kicks back a little in the mid evening but not as bad as the morning.

I also have a slight back ache from time to time.

Meeting with a midwife tomorrow to see what we think of her. I live in NZ but this forum seems way more responsive than any of the NZ ones i've come across.

Congratulations to everyone.

#20 BellBaby

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:07 PM

Congrats travel! I’m in nz too!

#21 PumpkinSpice

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

Due 11th August!! Dating scan also on the 22nd.

@travel2018 your story sounds like mine! First baby for us too, first cycle :) I’m also in my mid-30s so was prepared for a long journey to conceive!

Good to meet everyone!!!!!!

#22 Mindful

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:14 AM

View Posttravel2018, on 06 December 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

Symptoms so far seems to be morning sickness which wakes me up around 4am every morning at which point i lay awake until my alarm goes off for work at 6.30am feeling pretty nauseous. By the time i'm ready for work though it's mostly gone thank goodness. Also kicks back a little in the mid evening but not as bad as the morning.

I have begun having annoying reflux where my food doesn't stay in my stomach and floats upwards.. ew ew ew.
Also have AF type pains on and off which scare me, anyone had this? First pregnancy everything is nerve-wracking

#23 travel2018

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:37 AM

I have the on off light AF cramps too. It was probably my first indication I was pregnant as I never used to get these until day 2-3 of AF. I’ve heard it’s just your uterus starting to stretch. But you’re right every little thing is scary right now.

Who have all of you told about your pregnancy so far? So far we’ve just told our parents and I told one girl I work with just so someone there knows . My husband wants to tell his siblings but i’m reluctant to yet at only 5 weeks. Having said that i’m an only child myself so I can’t say how i’d feel if the situation were reversed!

#24 EXU

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:42 AM

I've been feeling terrible over the past 24 hours, the other manager is on leave at the moment, so I have my work and hers and my kids have a big event tomorrow which we all get a little nervous about, so I'm hoping its this making it worse. :sick:

I had the cramping pretty much from the time I'd gather implantation occurred, probably 3-4 days before I found out. The first time it happened I crawled into bed and didn't move for the rest of the evening, but it has slowly eased and I don't get too much of it now. At this point it is due to the influx of hormones changing everything in our bodies, the constant peeing is due to the extra blood flow, reflux, cramping etc due to the muscles all relaxing.

I'm finding I'm getting short of breath, I dislike elevators and just about always take the stairs at work, but now I'm finding I'm breathless when I get to the top. I read it has something to do with increased progesterone.

Just about everyone knows thanks to my children, except my husband parents and siblings, who apart from a brother he is close to, we are deliberately keeping it from and will for as long as possible, My husband is obviously not at all close to his family.

Small age gaps, when they are little it is really busy, but doable. The worst part is when they are primary school age, particularly if they are both boys. I have boy/girl 16m apart and girl/girl 16m apart and boy/boy 16m apart. All other combinations are not too bad, but my now 7 & 8 year old sons spend their entire life fighting with each other. Yet, they can't live with out each other either.

During the day they scream the place down because "X is on my bed, X touched my sheet, X looked at my pillow" But every night they sleep in the same bed. If one is sick and sleeps on the couch, the other will refused to go to their room and sleep on the floor next to the couch.

Even though it took 4 months, I'm a little shocked it happened so quickly also. In September, DH was still classified as being infertile. He had a repeat test in November, with normal results, had we waited a week he wouldn't have had to have done because 2 days later I found out I was pregnant.

As for coping with so many kids, I'm rather lucky I have pretty good kids. I have the usual sibling fighting and feet stomping over having to do chores, but that's about it. We are always busy and I think that keeps them out of trouble. I have one child who has various health issues, when he was younger it was tough, but as he's got older it has got easier.

#25 EXU

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:10 AM

Has anyone bought anything yet?

I just did the shopping at Coles and they had half price Bonds onesies, couldn't help myself, thankfully they had a few unisex designs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.