Due in August 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#101 KelNick10

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:13 AM

I’m exhausted and if it was up to me I’d be in bed at 7 every night.  Last night we babysat my cousins 1 year old and he was up at 4am. I’m absolutely shattered and all I want to do is crawl into bed.  Lucky he’s cute ;)

#102 KelNick10

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:14 AM

Had my gp appt yesterday (only time I could get an appt) and today I’m 4 weeks. This may be the longest pregnancy ever.  Bring on holidays!

#103 BellBaby

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:17 AM

33 - I’m from Canada originally but live central north island in nz (Auckland for a few years too).

Sweet cheeks - good tip! I did buy some sparkling grape juice I may hide somewhere to fill up haha. If this sickness gets worse though I may have to tell sooner.

Regarding spotting, 1st pregnancy I had very light spotting starting at 6w which was an mmc at 9w. DD pregnancy zero spotting. This pregnancy I had minima brown spotting from implantation until about 4w3d and nothing since.

I’ve been living off of toast all day...ugh. DH made me a smoothie just now so hopefully it gets me some nutrition at least!

#104 KelNick10

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

Re: location - I’m brisbane qld :)
Re: spotting - I had quite a lot of spotting with mr 11 - was super scary.  With my mc in June it was a little bit of tissue I noticed in the shower, no pain no blood and I went to the gp then ob and there was no heartbeat.

#105 BabyGrape

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:30 AM

Hi, quick question- for those of you who are having their second and you got the NIPT inc gender, how long did it take to get the results? I’m thinking ahead and when i’m 10/11wks DH is going overseas for work for over a week and we want to find out the gender. I want both of us to be in the same country when that happens 🙂
My nausea is almost all gone but i’m now so emotional and moody, not use to that at all.
I’m from Melbourne

#106 8SweetCheeks8

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:02 AM

Hi BabyGrape, can't remember how long the NIPT results take but do what we did - we asked for the gender to be sent to us in an envelope in the mail. Then you and DH can open it together when he gets back!

#107 Argentum

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

Welcome to Befair1986, KelNick10 & 33&1stTimer

Congrats BabyGrape on the successful scan

I’m in Perth.
Still just tired. Thankfully haven’t had MS more than a couple of waves of nausea which don’t last long. I’ve heard some people get it at 6 weeks though and I’m not quite there yet (Tues).

I’m also dreaming a lot more than usual, and about totally random stuff. Anyone else?

Seems ages away for my first scan, 12 days to go…..

#108 Tina1708

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

Spotting in pregnancy is scary but doesn’t always mean something is wrong. My friend bled throughout her first trimester and her baby is now 3 weeks old. AFM, I’ve had a bit of brown discharge with both this pregnancy and my one successful pregnancy so I’m not too concerned.

#109 MumOfFun

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:59 PM

How is everyone’s weekend? I was so tired yesterday but had a pretty good sleep last night. I think tiredness was due to some sleepless nights Thursday -due to knowing I was going to test Friday and Friday- being excited/nervous about actually getting my BFP.

Argentum yes I have had very weird dreams fore the past 4-5 nights. With random people that I haven’t seen in ages.

I went for a walking this morning which was great but I noticed that I spent 25min with my heart rate in the cardio zone. Normally when walking it’s only in the fat burning zone.

I’m curious as to who has kids already and who is a first timer like me? And perhaps everyone’s ages (won’t be offended if you don’t want to share). Think my names says it all.

#110 Tina1708

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

BabyGrape- my NIPT results were super quick; maybe 3 or 4 days? I think they were just having a quiet week because they said it could take up to 10-14 days?

#111 travel2018

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

Hi,
I’m 32 from Canterbury, NZ. This is my first pregnancy and first baby.
I had some brown spotting this afternoon for the first time. No cramping or anything along with it so hoping it’s just normal! I’ll be 7 weeks on Tuesday. I’ve made a dr appt for tomorrow anyway about the spotting just to be safe especially since it’s so close to Christmas now.. Being the first time around everything makes me paranoid!

#112 Argentum

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

Hey 33&1stTimer,

I'm 28 and first pregnancy.

Had an event to go to last night. Didn't get home till past midnight which was a huge struggle. Glad today is a 'not leaving the house day' :)

#113 Demera

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

My NIPT test took 8 days both times.  I had to repeat the test. It was Percept in Melbourne and I'm rural so allow one day for courier.

#114 Tina1708

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:57 PM

Travel2018- hopefully your (and everyone else’s) spotting is nothing to worry about. Brown usually means old blood; it could be implantation related.

33&1stTimer- I’m 32 and this will be baby #2 for us. Took us over a year to get our 7 month old (due to chromosomal issues) but this was go number 1 in round 2 😂.

#115 MrsS18

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

Hi

33&1st, I'm 27,first pregnancy, living in Perth.

Hanging out for Christmas break I'm in research and had 7-4:30 today after a Christmas party last night, super tired now!

#116 BabyGrape

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for the NIPT info. I think getting the gender written down and sent to us is a great idea.

I’m 34 and first pregnancy. We have been trying since i was 30 but didn’t know i had endo and cysts pretty much for the first year of trying naturally. Went into fertility treatment straight after and had 2 failed pregnancies. This is our first with ivf after 10 months, 3 stim cycles and only 4 transfers. Never thought ivf was going to be that hard. But we are finally here so i’m not looking back at the struggle.

i’m constantly tired and having long naps nearly on a daily basis. So happy i’ve only got 3 days of work left before my short xmas break.
Will be hard spending xmas with family and not telling them i’m pregnant. DH wants us to wait until 12 weeks to tell his family but my parents who live interstate already know.

#117 BellBaby

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:58 AM

I’m 30, 3rd pregnancy (1st was mmc at 9w), second was DD. Got pg first time with first two pregnancies and 2nd try this time. I was quite surprised as my mom struggled to have my brother and I.

AFM, this all night nausea is killing me! Not vomiting still but just feel so awful! I wake up for hours Overnight so dizzy, to pee, have a snack...then need to nap when DD does which means nothing gets done around the house...ugh.

Also regarding RHR, mine has jumped from 66to 73 and it’s quite uncomfortable. I’m thinking of taking a Fitbit break because it just reminds me how poorly I’m sleeping and how I’m not moving around as much as I used to...

Edited by BellBaby, 18 December 2017 - 06:21 AM.

#118 PumpkinSpice

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

35, first pregnancy, Sydney.

I was up at 2am having a snack! Starting to feel a bit nauseous but nothing too bad yet. And kind of craving spicy foods! Tired too, but again, manageable. Everything feels quite “normal” and it’s exciting. Can’t wait for my dating scan on Friday and then the NIPT in a month!

#119 lucy_s

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:06 PM

29, first pregnancy, Melbourne.

In the fifth and sixth weeks I had awful nausea, but now in my seventh week it seems to have dropped off to mild nausea, where I hate most food on sight! Has anyone else had changes in their all day sickness?

First scan on Thursday, cannot wait. And I feel your pain Mrs18 - how hard is it to deal with Christmas parties?! And to hide the fact that you're not drinking as well...

#120 8SweetCheeks8

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:19 PM

I'm 37, second IVF pregnancy (eeeek, feeling like the old duck!). We started trying when I was 31 - kept at it naturally for 3 years with no success, then reluctantly commenced IVF and it worked first go - we should have done it sooner!

Thank you for all your responses to my spotting post above... I had a call from the IVF nurse this morning and she said that it all sounds completely normal and would be related to progesterone pessaries, which is a relief. It seems to have stopped now, thankfully.

I'm still not feeling at all nauseous, I just get super tired at about 4:30pm and could almost go to bed! I'm loving salty foods right now - haloumi, bacon, peanut butter - mmmmm (but not all together). Besides that, I really wouldn't know that I am pregnant... besides the fact I am already starting to show slightly :omg: .

#121 travel2018

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

It’s nice to hear not everyone is having crazy symptoms. Sometimes it’s hard to believe I am pregnant with such a lack of symptoms.

I went and saw my doctor today about the spotting episode. She said not to worry too much as it was a one off and nothing since but has ordered another round of HCG series just to be safe. She actually thinks my back pain may be entirely unrelated to my pregnancy and something I’ve done seperate to this.
Should have first HCG result back tomorrow sometime.

The nurse who did the blood test today was a bit vicious!

#122 Demera

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

I've just had my scan.  Heartbeat 131bpm and all looked good. The dates don't match LMP, a week out, however it does match my symptoms.  I only started to get morning sickness 4 or 5 days ago (it normally starts for me bang on 6 weeks), and my first HPT at day 26 was negative (just too early). I started to feel pregnant at day 30 and got a positive test that day. The supervising sonographer wasn't at all worried about the discrepancy in dates and said the next scan will be more accurate. I did have a student doing the scanning so the measurements may not have been perfect.

So in the mean time I might still go by LMP, but it's possible I'm now due 7th August instead of 1st.

I still don't have HCG results but will get that tomorrow.

Edited by Louise_M, 18 December 2017 - 02:51 PM.

#123 OneDayDreamer

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:10 PM

Had my second dating scan today. EDD was 3/8 and today was measuring 6w6d instead of 7w3d so they're leaving the date as it is. Heartbeat of 139 and I am just so relieved!

#124 Tina1708

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

Congrats on the positive scans Louise_M and OneDayDreamer! Mine is on Friday... looking forward to it.

Morning sickness hit me like a ton of bricks at exactly 6 weeks on Sunday, just like last time around. I guess that means I should be looking forward to all day sickness until around 7 months again ☹️ Already so much worse as I’m sleep deprived and have a 7 month old to entertain!

#125 ABanana93

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:49 PM

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I had bloods done today and it's confirmed I'm roughly 4 weeks pregnant!! So by my calculations would that make me due end of August?
Have to wait another 3 weeks before dating scan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.