Due in August 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#126 MrsS18

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:53 PM

Hi Lucy- luckily no alcohol at Christmas parties don't raise any questions as haven't had a drink in years- just more tired now than usual. Having more trouble with colleagues figuring it out as I keep palming off my Xray scans to others to do! One of the girls knows and was helping to cover, but she was busy for a few days so had to call in favours.... on the plus side no more of those testing sessions until next year!

Congrats and welcome ABanana :) The wait is a killer!

#127 Demera

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

As for introductions... I'm 39, this is my fourth pregnancy.  Third pregnancy resulted in our 8 month old daughter.  Prior to that I had a blighted ovum (MMC) and a partial molar pregnancy.

I live in rural Victoria (Wimmera) on a farm but I work full time in town for a government authority. My husband is a farmer.  Are there any other country people in this group?

#128 greenapples

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:43 AM

Hello everyone! We just found out yesterday that we are expecting our third child. Still in shock as we weren’t really trying. We had decided back in July to try for a third and it didn’t happen for the first few months (unusual for us.)
We had only just decided to have a break from trying due to some health issues that had come up, when, yep, it happened!
Due date is approximately 24th of August but I’m normally 1-2 weeks overdue when a baby finally arrives.
Our first is a boy, and will be five in January, and our second child is a girl, who will be 4 in July. We had them quite close together (17 months - seriously the bestest decision we made - was such fun!) so it will be interesting to see how this longer age gap goes.

It’s lovely to get to join another DIG again - looking forward to our journeys together!

#129 Impervious Curtsey

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:10 PM

Hello everyone,

I must apologise that I haven't had a chance to read through everybody else's introductions on here yet, I will make time a bit later! I found out this morning that I am pregnant with my second, I suspect I am about 6-8 weeks along. My daughter is just shy of 11 months old, and I haven't had regular cycles since her birth. We have been NTNP, and I took a test this morning because I thought I was imagining feeling sick for the past 2 days and just wanted to get pregnancy off my mind!

#130 Tina1708

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:20 PM

Welcome ABanana, greenapples and Impervious!

Greenapples, I’m glad you enjoyed the small age gap between your first two. My two will be just over 15 months apart and I’m a little nervous about that!

#131 BellBaby

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:26 AM

Welcome to all the new members!

Louise - I'm rural NZ on a dairy farm. We are about 30-40 mins to nearest town.

AFM, I'm feeling like the worst mum...I am soo exhausted and soo nauseous which makes it really really difficult to do the normal things I do with my daughter (14m) like go for big walks and go on lots of town adventures and to playgroups... This morning I woke up to gagging so perhaps the vomits are coming (I was sooo hoping to avoid it this time around!). Been waking up to pee, because of nausea, and also for a snack so that's a pain.

Scan in 2 days.

Probably going to tell my brother-in-law in the next day or so because MIL wants me to go pick blueberries for Christmas but I'm not sure I can handle the drive, the hills, the hot sun...I'm going to pawn the chore off to him if I can.

I know this is petty - but how do you ladies calculate exactly how far along you are? For example, if your LMP was a Friday, would you count weeks done each Thursday (like my Dr. and one app?)? Or would you count weeks done each Friday (like another app I use)?

#132 travel2018

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:08 AM

Hi ABanana, greenapples and Impervious,
Welcome to the group!

I had my HCG done again on Monday since i'd had a little spotting on Sunday and it came back at 23,300. The last time i had it done was two weeks prior to that and it was 250 so it's climbing as it should. I'm having one more round of bloods tomorrow just to be sure it's all ok.

The last 2 mornings the nausea has really kicked in. I curse my 45 min drive into work start stopping in all that traffic every weekday. It certainly doesn't help the nausea! I've definitely had less of an appetite this week. I think part of that was worry after the spotting. Trying to have small meals often to help with the nausea a bit.

I've just been using the app to guide be with how far along i am based on the LMP date. I do believe though that i'm a week earlier than the app is saying based on my ovulation date which i am certain of from m OPK useage! The app says i'm 7 weeks as of yesterday. I'm saying 6! I don't have a scan until 12 weeks on Jan 25th so i just have to wait out to see whose right!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.