Due in August 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#51 BellBaby

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

OneDayDreamer - sorry the scan wasn’t ideal, but it is still quite early. I’m sure things will progress soon. Were you using an app or anything to monitor your cycle?

Ahhh these hormones are killing me!! I am weepy over like everything! Luckily I’m not angry or frustrated so DH has lots of compassion haha. Just so weepy! The stretching feeling stopped a few days ago. Still have most-of-the-day queasiness, so hungry and thirsty but no appetite for anything in particular.

Any new symptoms?

Edited by BellBaby, 10 December 2017 - 03:57 PM.

#52 Argentum

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

Sorry to hear OneDayDreamer. Hope all is progressing nicely at your follow up scan.

BellBaby- I'm just tired. Very very tired. Haven't felt any MS yet but I am yet to hit that 6 week mark where many seem to say it hits.....
Also noticed I am opting for cooler showers which for me is a big change- I'm usually a 'as hot as it will go' shower type.

#53 travel2018

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

OneDayDreamer- sending lots of positive vibes your way.

I don’t have a scan until week 12 so it seems like such a long wait now. I’m certain of my dates so they said to just wait until 12 weeks.

I have a few waves of nausea but nothing bad at all. My appetite is the same although I would agreee I don’t really know what I feel like eating. The stretching feeling as definitely lessened for me too. Just the odd twinge here and there. I’ll be 6 weeks on Tuesday . I’ve heard the morning sickness can start to ramp up then but at least Christmas break is not too far off if it does!

#54 v1010

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:01 PM

Hello ladies I just got my Bfp. 😊 So excited.

#55 OneDayDreamer

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:25 PM

I was tracking but now I'm all confused! I know peak O day was 10/11. Lmp was 27/10. Dr said I would be 6w2d today and my guess was 5w6d. I knew I should've waited, but I was excited haha.

Waves of nausea, weird dreams, mood swings and so tired here.

Welcome v1010!

#56 BellBaby

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

View Postv1010, on 10 December 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

Hello ladies I just got my Bfp. So excited.

Welcome! Have you had a chance to calculate your EDD? Such exciting times!

#57 Argentum

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:00 AM

Welcome v1010 :)

I am exhausted all day but at 2.30am there is not a hope in hell of getting back to sleep.

Hope everyone is managing these early symptoms OK

#58 EXU

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:01 AM

OneDayDreamer, I hope your follow up scan is a much more positive one.

Welcome v1010

I've been so sick these past few days, learnt that eating popcorn isn't such a good idea if you are at risk of being sick :sick: . Had little hard popcorn bits stuck in my nose and throat for hours lol. I'm so looking forward to Christmas, not so much because it's Christmas, but because I get a 4, then 3 day weekend. I need the rest.

Thankfully in the past I've been OK once I get to the 2nd trimester. I'm taking DD to Italy in February and my 3 daughters qualified on the weekend for a national sporting event in Sydney in March, so I'm really hoping I'm not feeling like this then.

Is anyone else really struggling with Christmas shopping? I'm now wishing I was more organised.

For someone who spent so much money and years waiting for this, I really am whinging a lot lol.

Hi to everyone in the group, hope you are all getting plenty of rest and relaxation :grin:

#59 BabyGrape

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

Hi All,
I'm transitioning from 2ww Nov to this group!! I think I'm due 1st Aug but I won't find out until this Friday. I'm a little bit confused with the way an ivf cycle works as my clinic have told me a different gestation age/date to what I had thought.
I have not allowed myself to get excited as yet as we had a mc at this stage last year (after a visible heartbeat), followed by a chem preg a few months later. It's taken a year of ivf to get to this point and I'm so scared that we won't see anything positive at the first scan.
My symptoms are crazy which I guess makes me quietly confident.

#60 Demera

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:06 PM

Good luck BabyGrape.  I hope this time works out for you.

I'm still not yet sick, which does not give me confidence, but I have the odd wave of mild nausea now and then, and I am very tired, but that was the same for good and bad previous pregnancies.  No bleeding though, which is a good sign, as I had bleeding with my miscarriges by now.

Last night I heard on the grapevine that my doctor, who delivered my little girl, is retiring in June. OH NO!!  There's only one other doctor in town who deliveres babies (an OBGYN).  I don't know what to do, but hopefully he'll take over.  Maybe with my age I'll be considered higher risk and be sent to him this time.

Edited by Louise_M, 11 December 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#61 Argentum

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

Welcome BabyGrape. All the best for this pregnancy

Had my first wave of nausea today, hit me suddenly. Thankfully I was home and made it to the bathroom in time. Then I managed to keep some food down and curled up for a nap with my dog. Feeling much better now

I called an OB today at my chosen hospital. Seems fine to fit me in. Waiting for a call back from the midwife who works with them to go through everything and book appointment.

Lousie_M I hope it all works out for you. Hopefully you can get confirmation soon that your doc will in fact be retiring or not. Best wishes

#62 MrsS18

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:08 PM

Hi, I'm new to this - due Aug 7th ish all going well, first pregnancy :)

In terms of symptoms had afternoon nausea from just over 1 week after LH surge-thought I had some weird sort of food poisoning as thought it was meant to start around now lol then got my bfp. Had weird cramping for a few weeks which seems to have stopped a bit now. Popcorn seems to be something I can eat lol. Have to hunt for more comfy bras now. Seeing OB just after Christmas, hopefully there will be something there when she scans me :)

Edited by MrsS18, 11 December 2017 - 10:17 PM.

#63 BellBaby

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:35 AM

Welcome to the new arrivals!

Glad to here everyone seems to be doing reasonably well. We are coming up to scan times for some! SO exciting!

EXU - don't worry about complaining. It's ok to feel icky but still be grateful for the end result!

AFM, I've been sleeping sooo poorly, and still feeling queasy all the time (quite different to DD where I was terribly nauseous). I am less worried and more relieved and also think it's a boy because of that. No appetite still for anything in particular, but so intensely thirsty all the time! We still haven't told my in laws which live like 200m from us...maybe at Christmastime?

Anyone planning a clever reveal for the holidays (or beyond?)?

#64 PumpkinSpice

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:32 AM

No clever reveals... we have told friends and family already! Work will be told later.

Symptoms wise, I had mild nausea a few weeks ago but it’s settled down. Veeery tender breasts and nipples!! Some lower abdominal bloating(!) and get exhausted from exercise earlier than normal. Initially had some mild cramps also. I’ve also had such a big appetite! And need to eat/snack every 3 hours! Also my skin has been reacting to the hormones.. all the normal stuff I guess!

#65 Argentum

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:25 AM

Planning on telling both sets of parents only after our first scan which is booked in for 7 weeks+3 days (29th Dec) provided all appears well. Haven't planned if this will be a fancy reveal, prob just have them over for dinner (which is fairly common anyway) and just drop it into conversation.

Everyone else including work will be told after the 12 week mark.

On a positive I slept like a log last night. Feel so good this morning

#66 lucy_s

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:53 AM

Hi everyone
I’m due August 4th and it’s our first pregnancy from our first month trying, still in disbelief that it’s actually real!
Our first scan is next week and we are waiting to tell our families until Christmas Eve… my parents are going to be over the moon as its the first grandchild.
I’m sleeping like the dead, but I’ve been hideously nauseous every waking moment for the past 10 days or so. My doctor has prescribed me some anti-nausea drugs but nothing fully removes the sickness... lets hope it passes soon.

It's so lovely to meet you all and I'm excited for our journeys ahead :)

#67 travel2018

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

MrsS18 - we have the same due date!

Congrats and welcome to all of you who have joined the group in the last few days.

I'm 6 weeks today - i definitely agree with the feeling tired more quickly when exercising. I've had 2 sudden spasms of back pain in the last 3 days. It comes on super quickly (yesterday was as soon as i got back from a 90min walk), and then eases off with a heat back. I've had more of that than the abdominal cramps this week.

Wishing i was getting an early scan like many of you. Jan 25th seems like so far away!!

Have any of you decided if you will find out the sex of your baby or wait for a surprise? It's our first and i'm super keen to find out but my husband isn't. We think we might flip a coin as there is no way i'll be able to keep it quiet if only i found out! I could probably sway him to find out but i'd prefer to keep my pulling power for when it comes down to names lol!

#68 HulaGirl123

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:40 PM

Hi, introducing myself.  I'm new to this group, I got my BFP about a month ago via IVF. This is my second pregnancy. I have a 3 year old daughter already.
Due date is 1 August 2017, and I have my 7 week scan tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

#69 Tina1708

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:06 PM

Welcome everyone! And HulaGirl, good luck with your scan tomorrow!

Travel- we will find out the gender :) we found out last time around from the NIPT test at 10 weeks and can’t wait to find out again!

#70 Demera

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

I had my blood test on Friday, but still don't have the results.    I called yesterday, no return call. I called today, no return call.  I guess I'll call again tomorrow....  Those who live in cities or bigger towns seem to get results the same day of the test.  I always have to wait until the following evening, and sometimes several days just to get the result. At this rate I might as well wait until my appointment next week.

I really would like to know what's going on. My symptoms are so very mild, no sickness, just tired.  I don't really *feel* pregnant any more, which is what happened with my first pregnancy which miscarried.  I'm just hoping it's a different pregnancy, maybe a boy?

#71 OneDayDreamer

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

Louise, I'm sorry you're feeling like that. It is common for symptoms to come and go so fingers crossed you're just in the pleasant lull :)

I have been obsessively googling. I think the ultrasound was just too early so will be going back next Wednesday to try again.
My Doctor could see I was a little worried so I had another HCG blood test today, and I'm booked for another on Thursday to see how things are looking. I am feeling much more hopeful and am sure that I'm just a week later than I thought, which would put my EDD around 10/8/18. This works for me - the longer I can work the better!

Travel, we had a surprise the first time and DH and I would like to have a surprise again - although I would also like to know to see if I have to get all of my daughter's old stuff washed and ready to go for this one. I'm a little torn, but I very much liked the surprise at the end so.... I'm guessing that's what we'll do.

Welcome Hula, good luck with the scan!

#72 Argentum

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

Louise_M Sorry you don't have the blood test results yet. Keep ringing, someone has to answer eventually.

I had my blood taken at 8am and was able to ring for HCG results the following afternoon but I am in suburbia. The rest of the tests I will get when I see the doc in the next week or so. They said they would ring if I needed to see a doc to discuss the results and they haven't rung.

My only real symptom is being very tired. I've managed to squeeze in a nap the last 3 days which has been awesome. Being my first pregnancy I have nothing to compare it to.

Were undecided if we will find out gender. DH wants to, I don't. Will see how I feel after the first scan.

#73 HulaGirl123

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:45 PM

I've had ALL the symtoms, nausea, vomiting, headaches, dry retchiang, sore boobs, aches and pains, etc.

#74 BellBaby

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:39 AM

Louise - So frustrating about the results...I live rural too and I suppose things take a bit longer because they have to courier samples in or something? It's so hard not to obsess over symptoms. Mine seem to come and go a bit which is different than my previous pregnancy and similar to my miscarriage but I'm telling myself it's a boy and we'll hope for the best. Some people have dreamy pregnancies. Try hard to relax and stay off google (I know it's impossible!)

OneDayDreamer - that's great your doctor is following up! Let me know if you would like your EDD changed or if you want to wait until your next scan.

Argentum - sooo nice to enjoy rests during first pregnancies! I'm really struggling to get naps in with little miss toddler running around. I've managed to rest during her sleeps, but not sleep like I did every lunch break with her pregnancy!

HulaGirl - sorry to hear about all the symptoms but I suppose it is reassuring haha. Let us know how your scan goes!

Tina - WOW at 10 weeks you found out! That's amazing! I would love to have a technician who was willing to guess!

As for finding out the sex, I suspect we will because then my family overseas can feel connected (they like to spoil us and future baby), but also so I can be best prepared for #2 (like sort out the gender neutral clothes from DD, etc).

I'm still queasy 95% of the time, tire easily, nipples getting more sensitive in the shower and bed...I finally started sleeping better which is such a relief, insanely thirsty (like unquenchable!), hungry but no appetite... I'm so grateful to be more functional this time around (so far). Scan day feels like ages away - 9 days...

Edited by BellBaby, 13 December 2017 - 06:44 AM.

#75 BabyGrape

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

Hi All,

Just wanting to know for the ladies that are having an ivf baby, are you on any meds? I'm on daily clexane injections, x3 progesterone and x2 predisolone. I think i find out on Friday if and when I can get off the meds. I can't believe it's so close to my first scan now (think I'm 7 weeks).

the last few days i've been nauseas the whole day and night, literally 18 hours a day! I'm still super sleepy which started as soon as I found out. At the beginning I was very dizzy and felt like i was going to faint but that lasted about a week. I can't stand the smell of perfume either. All of these symptoms are really different to last time which makes me happy as I mc'd at the same time last year.

We will 100% find out the gender, it's been nearly 3 years of ttc so I'm going to go crazy with all the shopping.

Looking forward to updating you all on Friday after my appointment. Fingers crossed it all goes well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.