Due in August 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#76 8SweetCheeks8

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

Hi BabyGrape, I conceived through IVF and thankfully I'm only on progesterone pessaries once a day. I'm pretty sure I stayed on them for 12 weeks with my first pregnancy. All of your medication sounds exhausting, I hope you can scale it back a bit soon! I'm so happy for you that you are finally there after three years - my husband and I were exactly the same, we tried for three years. Doesn't feel real, does it?? IVF worked for us first go, thank goodness - and now with this second pregnancy, the frozen transfer worked first go. We were not expecting that! Hope the appointment Friday goes really well for you.

I think we will find out the gender, mainly so we can prepare our toddler in the lead up. She will be 2.5 when this baby is born. I've been fantasising about those elaborate cake reveals you see online - last time we requested the gender be written in a sealed envelope so we could open it in our own time. This time we could just give the envelope to a cake maker - haha 🤗🎂

Symptom-wise, I'm not feeling much. Besides the fact I'm so fatigued in the evening and really, really hungry all the time, I can see how people can not know they are pregnant for a long time! I didn't get much nausea first time round so hopefully I won't this time either. Although I am already starting to show slightly! I'm 5w4d but there is a definite change in a week - that uterus is definitely preparing itself 😧 I was made redundant 6 weeks ago (wonderful timing) so I will need to be quick and score a role before I'm really showing!! 🤰 It will limit my options somewhat in looking for a new opportunity, as my ethics will ensure I am transparent and only applying for short term contacts. Anyone else job seeking??

#77 Argentum

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

BabyGrape All the best for your appointment on Friday

8SweetCheeks8 Sorry to hear about the job, makes it difficult applying for new jobs and at this time of year as well. All the best for your search.

I received the letter and info from my OBGYN today. Details costs, optional tests etc. Thankfully I knew there was a fair bit of out of pocket expenses for outpatient visits and the OBGYN. My private health insurance will cover all inpatient costs while at hospital and my OBGYN uses the no gap for inpatients. Glad I know now so I can ensure we have the $3k management fee for at 28weeks ready.
I will get the NIPT testing at 10weeks even though that is $400-$500 with no health care or medicare rebates. I know a couple of people for who this wasn’t an option for #1 as there was no lab in Aust doing the tests but now that there is (I think the lab is in Brisbane) the cost has dropped and they had it for #2. Gave them peace of mind. DH said to get it as its only a blood test so no risk for the baby.

#78 Tina1708

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:57 PM

BellBaby- we found out the gender after doing the NIPT blood test, not via ultrasound 😊

#79 8SweetCheeks8

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

Thanks Argentum - I'm just trying not to let it stress me out. I almost wish I had morning sickness just to make this time off worthwhile!

We will get the NIPT as well, we did for our first baby too.

#80 Demera

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:12 PM

BellBaby - we also found out last time with the NIPT taken at 10 weeks, so we knew quite early, even though we hadn't intended to find out!  

I still have no test results. I called again today and they said they've changed their policy to not give results over the phone. (Nothing to do with couriers - the lab is local.)  You have to make an appointment. Reason - Drs don't have time to make phone calls.... Yet they can take up valuable appointment time from other people just to give me results that could be done in a two minute phone call!  They just want my $72 each time.   I'm really quite annoyed.  

Anyway, I have an appointment next week for the day after my scan, so I'll just have to wait until then.  It will be 12 days after the tests were done.  That's just sh*t service in my opinion.

If my GP is retiring I'm seriously considering going to the aboriginal medical service which apparently has a very good family doctor and they're happy to take non-aboriginal patients.

#81 MrsS18

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:38 PM

BellBaby the 10 week gender option would be with the NIPT blood test- they do the chromosomes and can add gender in if you ask- I got my GP to tick yes to that box for me lol.

On ultrasound it is usually more than 16weeks from memory (has been a few years since I was scanning and I only usually got early preggies - if any!)  before we would call it (so normally the 18-22w scan) as the external genital appearance can change and look different earlier- can't find where I put my textbook. Then again even at the 22w scan you can't tell sometimes if bub is sitting funny (had a bub one day who was very determined to remain a surprise!)

I'm terrible - I definitely want to know if it's a boy or girl so I can plan

#82 Argentum

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:06 PM

Ah Louise_M thats very annoying. When I rang they just got the nurse to ring me back 10mins later and confirmed who I was and the nurse went through the results they had back.
So sorry they are making it difficult for you. I know I just wanted the blood result to confirm the pregnancy.

I'm unsure about finding out gender. DH wants to. As we will get the NIPT test we will have to decide by then. For now its just wait for the first scan which is still 16 days away

#83 Befair1986

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:13 AM

I just got my BFP, Due around the 23rd August, so found out quite early!!

#84 travel2018

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

Congrats Befair1986!

Welcome to the August group!

I found out quite early too which is making the wait to the 12 week scan seem painfully long!!

#85 HulaGirl123

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:22 PM

Congratulations Befair

#86 KelNick10

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:43 AM

Hi All! I’ve just found out (a speck early) and I’m due 25/8 but will be an elective c/s so it’ll prob be closer to the 21/8.  I’m a bit nervous coming on here because I had a Mc at 9 week’s in June so it’s our first time back giving it a go.  Hubby and I have 3 others so I’m hopeful that my body remembers it knows how to have a baby.

#87 Mindful

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:43 AM

Congratulations and welcome!

#88 travel2018

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

Is anyone else having back pain. I seem to get it a couple of times a day in waves. Until i put a heat pack on it doesn't ease.
I'm hopeful it's just ligaments stretching but my goodness it hurts!

#89 MumOfFun

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

Hi all tentatively joining the DIG. I got a faint but definitely there pink line on FRER this morning. Mind you I think it was so faint due to the fact that I didn’t quite get 5 secs of stream on the test. I didn’t really need to wee so tried to force one out.
EDD based on LMP is 23rd August. I hope to get a scan at 6 weeks because I had an ectopic in March the ob/gym suggested the next pregnancy I get a scan ASAP to try to avoid surgery if it is ectopic. I’m a little shocked I guess. I have AF like lower back ache but other than that no symptoms other than my RHR being 4 bpm higher than my average.

#90 BabyGrape

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:12 PM

Just got back from my scan and everything went well! i’m still in shock as it’s been close to 3 years with so many disappointments and heartache that i just can’t believe it’s finally worked. I’m officially 7.2weeks and EDD stays the same, 1st Aug.
8SweetCheeks8- i’ve also been given the approval to get off my clexane injections YaY and wean off predisolone and the progesterone pessaries however i must now take 2 a day until week 12

i’ve been told i’m a high risk due to my history and been referred to a different private hospital. I’ve had my mind set on this one hospital for 3 years and now i’ve been told i need to go somewhere else, i know i shouldn’t care but it’s just a small shock as i had my ob already planned and was ready to book today.

And Congrats to all the new ladies joining

#91 8SweetCheeks8

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

Oh yay, BabyGrape! Was wondering how you went. Did you see much??

That's great about your meds being reduced, you can start relaxing a little and enjoying the ride 😊 But that sucks about the hospital - is it further from where you live? Must be annoying having to research obs all over again.

Congrats and welcome to Befair, KelNick and 33 😊

#92 BabyGrape

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

8SweetCheeks8- a tiny blob that apparently likes to hide but also a heartbeat at 160. Was told the rate should be between 120-180 so 160 is good enough for me.
The hospital is a bit further away, not sure of the rules if we are allowed to mention doctors by name and hospital names on here. But it’s closer to where my ivf Dr is so i’m use to the drive. I got a dr referral straight away and already booked my first appointment with her, 3rd Jan.
Now another anxious 2.5 week wait for the next scan but at least i’ll be around 10 weeks by then and can do all the other tests inc gender!

Good luck with the job hunt

#93 OneDayDreamer

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

Got my hcg results today and I'm at 49500 and will habw my ultrasound on Monday arvo. Dr said she was very happy, so I am too, haha

#94 BellBaby

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:58 AM

Welcome 33! Nice to see some of the same folks from TTC groups!

Travel - I've not had back pain that needed a heat pack or anything but sometimes I feel like I need to stretch it out.

Congrats to those who've had scans! I'm still 6 days out from mine. I've been a bit blah...lately. Quite nauseous but not vomiting nauseous (like with DD). As a result I'm not sleeping great and need to have toast overnight. I suppose I should at least be grateful I don't have to work this time around. Had a reasonable amount of headaches lately. I was just looking back at notes from DD pregnancy and I wrote that 8-9weeks was the worst nausea of all so I'm sort of dreading the Christmas/New Years time!

#95 MumOfFun

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:20 AM

Thanks Bell baby. Fingers crossed you don’t get as much MS as you did last time.
I had the worst nights sleep last night. So am completely buggered already today. I also feel a bit sniffly so I hope I’m not coming down with a cold. I have a dilemma my works Xmas Party is next Friday. I don’t know what my excuse for not drinking will be. I suspect they will all suspect I’m pregnant due to the fact that they all know about my ectopic earlier this year.
Just curious as to where everyone is from. I live in NC Victoria.

#96 8SweetCheeks8

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:33 AM

BabyGrape, a blob with a heartbeat is pretty much exactly what you want, so that's great!

BellBaby, one of my tricks to hide a pregnancy at a party is to actually have a drink in your hand but just wet your lips with it without actually drinking it - it's worked for me 😉 Also, if it's a dark venue you can quietly ask the bar tender to give you soda water in a champagne flute when you go to the bar for a drink - has also worked for me!

33 - I'm from the inner SE suburbs of Melbourne.

I wanted to ask if any of you have had much spotting? I've been fine so far (now 5w6d) but last night I saw a bit of brown spotting and it's still there this morning. Also had some horrible AF like cramps this morning (which I've also had from progesterone pessaries so I'm not sure what to think!). I know spotting can be quite common but it worries me that I'm only seeing it now. I don't have a good feeling about it but I guess it would be worse if the spotting was bright red. Tried calling my IVF nurse for her perspective but she's not in until Monday. I guess there's not much I can do but wait and probably do some bloods next week.

#97 MumOfFun

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:12 AM

8SweetCheeks8 back in March I had an ectopic pregnancy I started spotting at 5w3d. I had AF like cramps. The spotting was brownish in colour to start with. I’d go see you GP ASAP. Or go to ED. I don’t mean to alarm you but I do think it’s a good idea to get a scan done to make sure the little fetis has implanted in the right spot. Fingers crossed it’s nothing sinister. Good luck! Xx

#98 EXU

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:23 AM

33 - Welcome, I'm from Adelaide. I was extremely tired and couldn't do much after 5pm, but it is easing and getting better. I just told my co-workers in our weekly leadership meeting, I came to the conclusion letting them know why I was feeling rotten would be better then them wondering why I'm not as productive as I usually am.

Bell - I'm not sleeping great either, but it's more to do with being up 4-5 times a night to go to the toilet. I'm not even sure where all this fluid is coming from. I get headaches too, but the only thing that works for me is ibuprofen, which I can't take at the moment.

ODD - So happy your results are looking so good.

BGrapes - Glad your scan went well. I'm high risk too due to being my 8th and having a previous C-section. Thankfully my local private hospital is attached to the public, which has all the facilities to handle high risk situations. The extra drive would be a pain.

Travel - yes, get plenty of back pain and ligament pain.

Kel - Congratulations and welocme

Arg - My OB charges the same, 3k at 28 weeks. Don't really get much of it back. If I could have paid it this year, DH's VR cost would have put us right over the safety net.

Louise - They are not able to give results over the phone for privacy reasons and also so the MO can discuss what they mean, highly annoying I agree. I can log in and get results for others easy enough being an RN, but can't ring up for my own and my kids.

MrsS - I agree via ultrasound there is no point before the 18 week scan. I once tried to get an early one, they told me I was having a girl, turns out I was having a boy.

Befair - Congratulations and welcome.

As for me, just plodding along. No scans, appointments, result or anything exciting. Feels a little weird that the only proof I have that I'm pregnant is about 10 various HPT. Mind you the one I took last night (just cause I have a stack of the cheap ones up in my cupboard), the line turned dark red the second it could and was about 3 times darker than the control line.

I'm a little anxious about having a scan due to having fraternal twins, my son also started off a (likely) fraternal twin so I have a 1 out of 8 chance apparently. Rather hoping their is just 1. Have about 5 more weeks to wait.

I also have a strong feeling it's a boy, no idea why. Would slightly prefer a girl as my youngest DD is almost 13.

#99 EXU

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:37 AM

8SC8 - I had some very small spotting a couple of days ago, was bright red. It stopped pretty quickly and I've had nothing since. If it had of continued I would have seen my GP. In the past it was caused by a subchorionic hematoma with my DS, he was also the one who started of as a twin, so it was likely both of those things

#100 8SweetCheeks8

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

33 - that must have been an awful experience for you, I'll definitely keep your advice front of mind. The cramping has stopped now and the spotting has as well, so I might just keep an eye on things and if it happens again today I'll definitely get it checked out at the ED. I'll still call my nurse on Monday as well, to request an earlier scan (first scan booked for Jan 3, when I'll be 8w).

EXU - that is good your spotting has stopped. I also had a SCH in my first pregnancy and I bled until about 20 weeks - clots and all. Thought I lost her a few times but now she is a super healthy 22 month old. It's a scary thing so fingers crossed neither of us have it again 🤞

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.