Glitter in the garden - a community service announcement!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Screm

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:40 AM

I used to use food colouring on raw sugar for reindeer food.

Glitter has a life time ban in this house and paint too till she went to school and other peoples houses where they were breaking the law using paints. Had told her they could only be used at daycare :xmas_tongue:

#27 Sancti-claws

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:00 AM

View PostExpelliarmus, on 17 December 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

DD1, who is 17, was 2 when we started doing "glitter laced reindeer oats". So yeah, 10 years ago people were out there, 'feeding the reindeer'.

That elf didn't eventuate until mine were too old for it though.

Probably just as well ...
My DD, who is 18, never did - so perhaps you have an influencer there?

Hmm - did the glitter lure the evil elves into close proximity to civilisation and open the door to them getting into (certain people's) homes?

#28 red_squirrel

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:08 AM

View PostDianalynch, on 16 December 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

Reindeer don't eat glitter. What is wrong with everyone? Give them a carrot!

People are confusing them with unicorns it seems.

#29 Sancti-claws

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:10 AM

Because flying reindeers that circumnavigate the globe in a 24 hour period are not "fantastic" creatures at all!

#30 AdelTwins

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:19 AM

It's always a carrot here. Luckily our Beagle loves carrots and has far more impressive bite marks than I could ever achieve.

Day care did send home a glitter/oat food bag one year. I threw it away.

#31 ali-song

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:25 AM

Thank you for reminding me there was a packet of ‘reindeer food’ that needed to be surreptitiously tossed.

#32 kimasa

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:36 AM

The one and only year we got "reindeer food" from daycare was the year we lived in a flat.

Sprinkle on what garden, exactly?

It's such a weird concept. Feed animals bits of sparkly plastic by sprinkling it on your garden that you may or may not have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.