Looking for a generous egg donor to help me have a second child

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mummywannabe2

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

Hi there,
I’m a 42 year old single mum to a beautiful little boy and my biggest dream is to give him a little brother or sister.  I started the ivf journey late in life as i thought i would meet my soulmate, maybe get married but definitely start a family.  In my late 30’s i looked into ivf but because i wasn’t medically infertile, but just childless due to social circumstances, i was deemed ineligible for ivf treatment.  I had numerous consults with a doctor interstate (a state where it was ok for single woman to use ivf) and following some tests that the dr ordered i found out that i had blocked tubes and would now be deemed infertile and eligible for treatment in my home state.  Just in case you’re wondering, im from SA.  My first egg retrieval only found 7 eggs which was whittled down quickly to 2.  The first implantation didnt take and the second one ( luckily) gave me my precious little boy.  I have since had multiple egg retrievals with none of the eggs being good enough quality.  
I come from a family of 4 children and my son was the first grandchild.  I am the second youngest of the 4 children and i did ask my younger sister about donating some eggs but as she has just turned 40 this year and recently underwent a hysterectomy fir a large benign growth the fertility clinic do not think she would be a good candidate for egg donation.  Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something but i feel like everytime i try to be proactive about having a second child i hit a brick wall.  But i just cant let go of the dream😥😥.  If I successfully found someone to donate and had a second child I plan on telling the child of the journey that i went through to bring him or her into the world.  I would also be open to the idea of the donor having some contact with the child but obviously this would be something we would need to discuss.  Ideally the donor would be from south australia.  So if there is any hope giving egg angels out there,  Please consider my request.  I don’t pretend to be any more deserving than any of the other people on here looking for donors,  but i would like to think that there might just be someone out there who can make my dreams come true.
Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.