Due in August 2018 chat #2

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#176 EXU

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

I posted on the FB group, but thought I'd pop in here to say goodbye and good luck too.

We had (I don't know what the correct term is) our little guy in the early hours of Australia day, was nothing like what I'd expected an early 2nd trimester miscarriage to be like. I was told it would be like a heavy, crampy period. To be honest, apart from the bleeding / clots through out and only pain in half my abdomen, it was just like when I was in labour with my kids. It was even the first time in my 7 pregnancies (which made it past 'the magical' 12 weeks) my waters broke on their own. I ended up in the ED at Flinders with a hemorrhage and needing 2 x IVABs for an infection. Then I was taken to the maternity ward, was so painful listening to all the babies cry and my neighbors unborn baby's heart beating away :(

Kids were devastated, they'd been asking for another sibling for years and had been so excited. They wanted a funeral and to see him, Had to explain to them he was far too small for that and that me and DH also didn't see either. I spent yesterday going through the discharge paperwork and they recommended a few sites which had some ideas to help children, so we ordered a memorial bear for them and named him Darcy.

Anyhow, I wish you and your babies all the best. The one thing I did get from being back on a maternity ward was that memory of those first few hours / days, laying eyes on your baby for the first time. It really is one of the best moments in life, enjoy every second of it as they really do grow so quickly (my eldest is 16 this year!)

#177 Demera

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

Gosh EXU that's a very tragic end.  I'm sorry you had to go through that.  

For my second miscarriage (molar pregnancy) after the D&C I was kept under observation for about 5 hours after the surgery. The sent me to the ward which is right next to (almost part of) the maternity ward, hearing all the little bubbies crying was heartbreaking.

I had my D&C for this little bubba on Tuesday.  No complications this time so no ward time. Physically I feel so much better. The fog of nausea and fatigue lifted immediately.  Now just the wait for results to make sure it's not another molar pregnancy. Then, I guess, we try again.

#178 PinkieB3

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:26 AM

I am so sorry to hear your news Louise and EXU,, take care of yourselves x

I haven't posted yet as I wanted to wait till my 12 week scan on Friday but we are due with our third on the 17th. We have two boys already (6 & 3) but have just relocated so everything is new again, I haven't even found a new GP yet. We've not told anybody but the fact I am showing already might give it away

If I could be added to the FB group that would be great, I wondered  why it was so quiet in here (EB in general seems a lot quieter than it did 7 years ago)

#179 wingnut80

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:52 AM

I'm a longtime lurker but keen to join the FB group and here if I can so if I could be added, that would be great.

Currently just over 11 weeks & awaiting the NIPT results. Have a 4.5 year old DD already.

So very sorry for your losses ladies.

I'm still very hesitant/scared/nervous about this pregnancy even though 3 scans so far show things are ok due to 2 m/c in 2015 and a few health issues (previa with DD, graves since 2014, thyroidectomy last year). Now just waiting to find out what we're having & maybe then I can finally feel a bit more optimistic.

Edited by wingnut80, 29 January 2018 - 08:53 AM.

#180 RedVelvet

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:44 AM

Hi! I've been lurking and felt hesitant to post as I wanted to wait closer to the 12 week mark. I'm due 17th August.

Currently just over 11 weeks and waiting results of the Harmony test. I also have a DD4.

I'd love to join the fb group too please :)

#181 KelNick10

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

Hi, I’d love to join the fb group if someone has organised one.

#182 Boston84

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:27 PM

I would love to join the Facebook group how can I do this?

I have Gastro and am freaking myself out about it I hope baby is ok

#183 PinkieB3

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for the group add 🙂

12 weeks today and had my scan- yay! All looked good although still rather surreal even if it's my third. My son wasnt too impressed though!

Edited by PinkieB3, 02 February 2018 - 02:43 PM.

#184 greenapples

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

EXU, and Louise - I am so sorry for your losses. :( How tragic for you. Words completely aren't sufficient in these cases, but I wish you all the best for your times ahead. xx

Just checking that those who are wanting to join the FB group, have done so?

We are tracking along well - will be 12 weeks this coming Friday. Nothing really new to report - looking forward to our scan next week. Will probably feel a bit more real then. :)

#185 Nicole11

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

I’ve been a stalker for a little while but finally jumping in. Due 29th August with baby number 2 😊 already have a little girl who is 16 months old. I’ve been so sick it’s horrible but nice to know I’m not alone

I’d love to join the Facebook group please green apples.

#186 Islamum

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:24 AM

Green apples- I have a two year old (she’ll be two in 2 weeks!). I’m having twins now we lost one. I am high risk due to the the non living bub (dead tissue makes you more likely to go into premature labour). I’m 13 weeks and I’ve got a scan in a few days.

#187 Islamum

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:26 AM

Oh I’d like to join the FB group too! How do I do that?

#188 MrsPuddleduck

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:11 PM

If you PM me your email address I can add you to the FB group.

#189 littlemummy90

Posted 03 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

Haven't checked back in a while, but just had a read through and I'm sad to see there have been some losses. Lots of hugs and I hope you all get plenty of support.

Great to hear about everyone's scans. Is anyone yet to get theirs?

#190 Davistiano

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:43 AM

Hi everyone :)

Hope I am at the right place, my wife was told the due date is 31-Aug but obviously the exact date is unknown due to being twins.

She had her scan last Friday (16weeks) and both babies' measurements were 1 week behind while everything else looks healthy.

Wife was a bit worried, the doctor asked us to return in 10 days for another scan to track the progress.

Hope everything goes well, not just us but to all of you too! :)

#191 MrsS18

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

Hi Davistiano, welcome & I hope everything is looking good at the next scan! I think most of the chat seems to be on the Facebook group at the moment - I'm sure one of the ladies can add you if you want to join there too :) there is another twin mama on there who might be able to share her experiences if you have questions

#192 Snowy273

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:42 AM

Hi all,

I’m a first time Mum due on August 20 with a healthy boy. My log in wasn’t activated properly (user error) and I wasn’t able to post earlier on.
Could I please be added to the Facebook group?
Looks as though I need to PM my email address to an admin?
Thanks 😊

#193 Nickels

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

Hi There,  

I'm due with my second baby around the 12th August - just wanting to see if I can be added to the Facebook group.  

#194 Argentum

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:56 AM

PM me your facebook email and I can add you to the group.

#195 ChilliDog

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:33 PM

Edited by ChilliDog, 03 January 2019 - 09:24 PM.

#196 ChilliDog

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:37 PM

Edited by ChilliDog, 03 January 2019 - 09:24 PM.

#197 lindzzz87

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:20 PM

Hi guys, sorry for the lateness to the group but i would love to be added to the fb group if someone could please add me 🙂

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.