Due in August 2018 chat #2

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#26 cute*as*a*button

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

Hi Ladies,
Wow I haven't been on EB for a very long time. My youngest is now 6. However on Christmas day I did a test and got a positive. Looking foward to getting to know you all.
Very exciting.

#27 Argentum

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:22 PM

Welcome RhiRhi

A scan at 6-8weeks is often called a dating scan and can be used to date how far along the pregnancy is if unknown. Many docs will also get this done if there is a history of problems/ concerns.
Although I have no history (1st pregnancy) and I know how far along I am (was charting) my doc still said to get it done. I'm happy to as I would like to see a heartbeat to know it is real. Doc said to wait closer to 8 weeks as at 6 it can be too early to see anything. Booked in for 7weeks +2 days as otherwise it would have been after 8 weeks in the new year and I don't want to wait that long.

From 12 weeks the scan can be part of the NT test which I believe everyone gets.

#28 RhiRhiTTC

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

Thanks Argentum, that makes sense now!!

#29 Minxybug

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:23 PM

Depends on your history as to getting scans and when. I am now residing in Wales UK so system a little different here. We have a midwifery team. I still have the direct number from having DD and have had 6 pregnancies here, so when I have had a positive test I ring and they organise early scan @ 6weeks. I am getting into drs this week for bloods. HCG and progesterone.

Long complex history for me with this being pregnancy #10 I have 4 children and 5 angels.

Edited by Minxybug, 26 December 2017 - 09:25 PM.

#30 KelNick10

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

Hi all, hope you had a wonderful Christmas! afm we’re out of town visiting husbands family.  This is also why I’m not getting a 6 week scan as I’m not home til 8 weeks and I’ll see my ob at 8 weeks and 2 days and he’ll do a scan (usually wouldn’t see him til 12 wks but has previous Mc and wanted to see him earlier). We’ve told no one about baby although I’m so bloated that I already look 6 months preg so I’m sure people are suspecting.  

Would love to hear any family preg reveal stories if u want to share... we’ll be 12 weeks around mid feb so prob won’t reveal to too many until then.

#31 nasty buddha

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

I managed to get a  appointment for Friday afternoon for an ultrasound which is good.  I didn't  want to wait til next year. I have had a bit of ovarian pain so would prefer to know asap I don't  have an ectopic just for peace of mine.

I also am curious how many weeks pregnant I am. And hoping there is only one bubba hehe. I don't  think I have twins. I would be much sicker.

My nausea is milder than my first. I think it is because  I  have  taken movicol straight away and upped my water as much as possible (progesterone  really makes me constipated). Keeping ontop of the constipation seems to help the morning  sickness for me.

I certainly have started to look pregnant as I am thicker around the middle. Just all the bloat really. My friend even  patted my belly and asked when the next one was due which took me aback as I had only found out I was preggers the day before that.

#32 MrsPuddleduck

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:34 PM

Joining. According to the OB I am 5 weeks pregnant and we saw the sac and the yolk on a scan today. EDD 29th August :)

A surprise for us as although we have been actively trying with Clomid we had a month off and that was the month it happened! All by myself when we didn't even think I could ovulate without help. Our Christmas miracle :)

Fingers crossed for everyone!

#33 RhiRhiTTC

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

Congratulations Puddleduck.

AFM docs tomorrow. Yay! Hope all goes well

#34 penguinbaby

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:33 PM

Hi ladies, hope it’s ok that I join. I just got my bfp today - I estimate I’m 7&1/2 weeks. I’m a little shocked to be honest - this will be my 3rd and was unexpected (although I have been very vocal about wanting a 3rd in the future). The thought didn’t even cross my mind that I may be pregnant. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

#35 nasty buddha

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:01 PM

Welcome  penguinbaby. How have you been feeling?

#36 ABanana93

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:05 PM

Congratulations penguinbaby. And warm welcomes!

I've just got a quick question ladies. Do we have any Queenslanders here? I'm due for my dating scan on the 8/01 and I'll be going to queensland xray, I'm wanting to know what the cost is? They're closed till the 2nd and I'll be away from the 30th and not sure if I'll have reception to contact them. I'm hoping to find out so I can set that money aside.
Thanks x

#37 nasty buddha

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:14 PM

I am not in queensland but medicare covers dating scans.

Sorry just adding that some places do charge as I just looked up one of the ones I went to gor my last pregnancy for the NT test... well they charge 150 for a dating scan. A bit of a rip off. Once I realised some places charge and some don't I did a lot of calling around. Local hospital  did NT tests for free but I didnt find out til afterwards and I paid 250ish.

Edited by nasty buddha, 27 December 2017 - 10:24 PM.

#38 ABanana93

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:29 PM

View Postnasty buddha, on 27 December 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

I am not in queensland but medicare covers dating scans.

Sorry just adding that some places do charge as I just looked up one of the ones I went to gor my last pregnancy for the NT test... well they charge 150 for a dating scan. A bit of a rip off. Once I realised some places charge and some don't I did a lot of calling around. Local hospital  did NT tests for free but I didnt find out til afterwards and I paid 250ish.

I'm assuming that if I go through my hospital (public) it will most likely be bulk billed. I'll pop at least 100 aside, might be able to get someone to call on my behalf about it while I'm away. Thank you

#39 penguinbaby

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

Thanks ladies! Not feeling too bad so far luckily. I have been “sick” with a cold for 3 weeks 😅 it wasn’t until I started feeling intense fatigue on Christmas Day and have needed to nap everyday since that I thought something was up. Not much morning sickness yet so I have my fingers crossed as I had it awful with my first two from 6-15ish weeks. Hoping for a smoother pregnancy this time around.

#40 newlywedandready

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:23 AM

Hi Ladies, dropping in as I got my BFP yesterday at 4w 1d.

I will be joining the September DIG when it opens as I will be due 4 Sept! :)

So excited! I had my bloods done yesterday and will be getting the results tomorrow afternoon. I did another FRER this morning and got a line almost as dark as the control. First time ever that dark. I did a digital yesterday morning. And a few more tests - they were on sale at Chemist Warehouse and I'm an nervous pregbot based on my  previous loss... I just can't believe it!

Quick question, is everyone/has everyone experienced the light cramping? I've noticed it over the past few days and it worries me as I had an EP in July so I'm extra cautious.

Congratulations on everyone's BFPs!

Edited by newlywedandready, 28 December 2017 - 09:24 AM.

#41 Demera

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:21 AM

Mrs Puddleduck... the same thing happened to me with my little girl. I was on Chlomid for two months, then skipped the next month, but that was the winner!   Maybe that's the trick :-)

This time I went to the Dr for a Chlomid prescription, but little did I know I was actually already pregnant.  A few hours later I started to get the pregnancy cramping feeling, so I went to the chemist for a pregnancy test and didn't fill the prescription as I was 100% confident.  

Newlywedandready... the light cramping is totally normal. For me it fades at around seven weeks when the morning sickness ramps right up.

Edited by Louise_M, 28 December 2017 - 10:22 AM.

#42 Demera

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:33 AM

Scans always cost me around $130 to $160. I'm not sure how much I get back from medicare as that goes into a different account.  No such thing as bulk billed around here, but if you're lucky enough to have options that's great!

#43 BabyBeatlab73

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

Hi all i got my positive a few weeks ago very new too essential baby but not too babys this will be baby no3 i have a 4yr old and a 2yr old going by Lmp and bloods im due around 18th August looking forward too this journey with you all

#44 BabyBeatlab73

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

so iv read all of this thread and a little of the other

I'm getting sudden aversions to food and sporadic nausea and im so tiered. approx 6weeks 5 days my last two pregnancy's i was getting more nausea and didn't get cravings till second trimester. i'm already having cravings for bacon and Doritos (thankfully not at the same time haha).so hoping that might mean this time i'm having a boy. this will be my last (planned) baby thou you never know about accidents. i'm pretty fertile which is both a blessing and a curse i had my first daughter at 19 almost 20 i'm now 24 and so excited to be having a third, thou scared too. only a couple months ago i had a miscarriage. i would of been due in june. i only had 1 period in between loosing one babe to conceiving the next, which is really scary. i honestly didn't think my body could do it that quickly. i have sisters but i'm the only one with kids (even thou i'm the youngest). so cant help with whomever asked that question but it is an interesting idea that maybe family get similar symptoms.

so yeah that's just a bit more about me since i didn't say much the first time .

#45 33&1stTimer

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

I had my first scan today. I’m measuring at 5w4d so the ultrasonographer said my due date is August 23rd so I was 3 days off. We got to see the little heartbeat which measured at 126bpm. How cool is that. I’m so happy to see that it’s implanted in my uterus this time round. Exciting times ahead.

#46 ABanana93

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

That's so cool 33. I'm sure it feels so much more real now! It's great that you could get a heartbeat, I've read that 5 weeks can be to early for some people, well at least that's what I've heard.

What apps are people using to track?

#47 OneDayDreamer

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:01 PM

ABanana, I'm using Ovia. I really like their little size estimates and stuff.

#48 BabyBeatlab73

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

ABanana i too am using Ovia like OneDayDreamer i like there measurement stuff the info and the layout of the app

33 that great too hear my scans on the 2nd cant wait too see and nickname this bubs

i nicknamed my first two from there shape at the first ultrasounds first was jellybean second was chicken nugget basically its whatever the shape reminds me of hahaha

#49 Impervious Curtsey

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

Hi all,

I have sent everyone a PM. Sorry if I missed anyone - if you didn't receive one please message me! (Also sorry if anyone got 2)

#50 ABanana93

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

I do have the ovia app and I am enjoying it but jistcwanted to see if anyone else had one they enjoyed,

We've named ours nugget, a friend of ours has been calling it nugget since the day we said we were trying so it sorta stuck. It's nice to name it since we won't be finding out the sex and people will sorta know what we're talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.