Due in August 2018 chat #2

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#51 MrsPuddleduck

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

View PostLouise_M, on 28 December 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

This time I went to the Dr for a Chlomid prescription, but little did I know I was actually already pregnant.  A few hours later I started to get the pregnancy cramping feeling, so I went to the chemist for a pregnancy test and didn't fill the prescription as I was 100% confident.

Omg same! Except I didn't share your confidence and got the script filled (doh!) So now I have sixty bucks worth of Clomid i don't need (we were moving up to 150mg that cycle).

I use an app called Pregnancy + and I'm happy with it. The best part is the timeline feature so you can see how many weeks you'll be, at what date.

#52 penguinbaby

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

View PostABanana93, on 28 December 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

We've named ours nugget, a friend of ours has been calling it nugget since the day we said we were trying so it sorta stuck. It's nice to name it since we won't be finding out the sex and people will sorta know what we're talking about.

Aaaaaand now I have a craving for chicken nuggets 😂

#53 BabyBeatlab73

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:21 PM

ABanana i agree a nickname helps people connect to bubs and is great for referencing

#54 Argentum

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

Congratulations 33&1stTimer on your scan today

Had my first scan today, was told 7w1d and I was working on 7w2d so pretty spot on. Heartbeat between 138-160 so all good there.

Was SOOO uncomfortable when I got there with a very full bladder. Couldn’t trust myself to let just a little out. It was pure bliss relief afterwards. I will not be drinking the recommended quantity next time.

Was good to see that all is well.

I paid $186 and will get $51 back. It's very difficult to get bulk billed here as so few places do. I was very happy with the sonographer so don't mind.

#55 33&1stTimer

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

Oh wow. I paid $123 and was told I would be around $70 out of pocket after I get the Medicare rebate. And the rest of my u/s will be bulk billed.

#56 PumpkinSpice

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:59 AM

View PostBabyGrape, on 25 December 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

is anyone super emotional? We weren’t meant to tell DH’s family until 12 weeks due to our history but i burst into tears when we got a lovely xmas present from my FIL and we just had to tell them as i looked crazy.
the nausea is all gone, yay! But i’m still so tired! 8.5 weeks today. the 10 week scan can’t come quick enough

Hahaha yes!
Our celebrant sent over examples of vows and I was crying as I read them... they were so touching! Hahaha hormones!

#57 Demera

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:50 AM

My cravings started yesterday.  I really wanted toasted almonds and pastry.

#58 ABanana93

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:07 AM

I'm not having cravings, but I'm deffinatly starving constantly. I can eat then feel 120% full then 20 mins later my belly is gurgling again like I haven't eaten in hours!!

#59 travel2018

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:55 AM

Welcome to all the new members!

I'm 8 weeks 3 days today. Somedays i feel majorly pregnant, other days i'm like "is there really a baby in there!". Still have to wait until 25th Jan for my first scan so i cannot wait for that date!

I have waves of nausea from time to time but nothing too terrible thankfully. My biggest issue has been the fatigue and feeling like i want to eat something but not being able to pin point what it is i actually want! I've been working the past 3 days but we're doing reduced hours since it's so quiet. No idea how i managed to do full time hours and 40min drives in rush hour traffic before this lol!

#60 BellBaby

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:58 AM

Hi ladies! Welcome to all the new ones! I’ll add your due dates after my nap.

I’m nauseous all the time but vomiting less that with DD (maybe 1 time every other day now). Sooo tired. Can only eat bagels and nectarines. have been so useless around the house. 8w tomorrow. Next scan is nuchal on 1 feb.

Regarding who decides on scans...your doctor/midwife but also th sonography clinic ( in central north island nz the clinic tells you the earliest date).

Edited by BellBaby, 29 December 2017 - 11:59 AM.

#61 Boston84

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

Hi guys I'm new to th group, got my BFP just over a week ago now and the dust is still settling, hard to believe but super exciting! This is baby #1! I'm supposedly due August 30th although haven't had my dating scan yet. I'm 5 weeks and 1 day today. Main symptoms have been a lot of pelvic and lower back discomfort and major mood swings... my hormones are raging!

I'm a bit nervous of this early stage and just about to board a flight to Perth which is making me more nervous, although I have been told there is no increased risk with flying. Anyway looking forward to checking in and sharing this journey!

#62 nasty buddha

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

Hi all

So I had my dating scan today which  showed one healthy bubba measuring at almost 10 weeks and so pushes me into the July DIG. The period I thought I had was a haematoma that came exactly  on the due date of my period so confused me a bit.

The nausea has been pretty bad for a few days but settled a bit today, thankfully.

Good to read the new updates and especially good to hear 33&1st timer that your scan went well. I'm  sure that would be a relief

#63 BabyBeatlab73

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

Welcome boston84 congratulations on your 1st 😊 so nasty buddah you gonna stick with us or?? Also glad bubd is ok after that heamatoma (no idea if they can be dangerous for bubs)

#64 nasty buddha

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

Yeah haematomas can cause miscarriages.  I had a big one with my first. This one has almost disappeared.

I'll  pop over into July DIG but will hang around to check how everyone is going here too.

#65 Minxybug

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

Good to see all the positive updates. I had my HCG and progesterone done on Thursday @ 5+1 weeks. So reassured by results.

HCG 7371 and progesterone 62.
Have some hope now for our scan and that I may actually get to meet this baby. All our losses over the past year my HCG never passed 2450.

If anyone else has results could you share please

#66 KelNick10

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

HI minxy, I meant to get my hgc retested today but ran out of time. At 4 week’s I was at 80 which was in the normal range.  Won’t get to retest now until2/1.

#67 KelNick10

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

On 2/1 I’ll be 6&3

#68 PumpkinSpice

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

Updated due date: 10th August (I was off by 1 day)

#69 penguinbaby

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:03 PM

I got my referral for bloods &dating scan today, but the places near me are closed until the 2nd. Means i’ll get stuck trying to entertain 2 kids on my own while getting bloods done 😓 I could wait an extra week when I have some help but I’m already 8w and it’s getting on a bit now 😅

#70 littlemummy90

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:15 AM

Hi all. New to the group. EDD 28th August. I have two already and still breastfeeding the youngest. No idea if we will go public or private. No signs of being pregnant other than positive test and no period, so different from the first two.

Good luck with everyone's scans this coming week.

#71 littlemummy90

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:46 AM

When does everyone plan on telling family? We generally wait till after 12weeks, so we have the scan to show

Edited by littlemummy90, 31 December 2017 - 07:48 AM.

#72 MrsPuddleduck

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

Those are really good numbers minxybug! Fingers crossed. Are you sure there's only one in there?! :) I don't remember what mine were but they had doubled appropriately so that was good news.

Littlemummy90, we told our parents but that's all. Although I think my sisters have guessed due to me avoiding the wine, brie and prosciutto on Christmas Day!

#73 KelNick10

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:53 AM

Hi littlemummy, I’ve told my cousin (who’s like my sister) and my husband and that’s it.  We had a Mc in June at 10 week’s and prob 7 people knew then so I don’t want to do that again.  I’m hoping to keep this under wraps until 12 weeks.  I’m out of town until 8 weeks so only have to fake 4 more weeks of normalcy when I’m home.

#74 Minxybug

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

Thanks Misspuddleduck. Has reassured me until Wednesday.

As for telling people we won’t be until it can not be hidden anymore. After 20 weeks at the earliest. Currently have 4 children with 3 losses in the past year. @12, 8 and 7 weeks.

As we are now in Wales UK, all the family are in Perth. I have nothing to do with my maternal family due to years of abuse and keep in contact with my dad via Skype. Due to our current situation in life and considering the past year........most have passed judgement saying we have our hands full already.

We didn’t expect for it to happen and have been pushing for permanent measures as in vasectomy or tubal. It hasn’t happened.

This little one is meant to be.....I hope. I want to meet this baby in my arms and not carry within my heart and finalise my child bearing years.

Sorry for the long winded and somewhat depressive reponse

Edited by Minxybug, 31 December 2017 - 07:15 PM.

#75 travel2018

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:54 AM

Happy New Year everyone,
Minxybug- my first HCG was taken at 3 weeks 6 days and was 240. I the  had another at 5 weeks 6 days (23,200) and at 6 weeks 2 days (36,300). I’d had some spotting so they wanted to check my hcg levels. They were happy enough with that not to do the scan.

Anyone else have very faint brown spotting/discharge when their period would have been due? I’ve had this the last two days- only when I wipe and not much each time. It’s brown so i’m Hoping it’s just old breakthrough blood since it’s exactly when I would usually be on my period. I’m 9 weeks tomorrow :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.