Voice while sleeing giving me dates and bad news

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tel2

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:15 PM

Hello everyone,

I really don’t know if I should take this seriously or not but because it has been playing on my mind, I thought I’d check with you lot.

A few weeks ago I had a voice come into my sleep on my left hand side of my head that told me that the last 2 months of next year something bad was going happen to DH family...in particular his parents. I havent experienced this in my sleep  before and it freaked me out a bit. I don’t get along with DH family especially his parents and have been having issues with them on and off for 15 years. They live overseas so we only see them once a year or so. The voice was just a voice not connected to a male or female, human or animal. Just a voice, not connected to a dream either.

My question is....are these voices common when sleeping and do you take notice of what is said, or just let it go like a lot of stuff you dream about ? By the way, I was sleeping alone that night so it couldn’t have been DH talking cause he was in the spare bedroom sleeping.

Thankyou for your help

#2 ljbellus

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

That must have been a strange thing to experience.  No wonder you are looking for an explanation.  Were you actually asleep when this happened or were you trying to fall asleep?

Sometimes, when I have been trying to fall asleep, I have heard sounds that I can't attribute to anything around me.  I can elaborate if it will help you.  I was also in search of answers and did a bit of googling and came up with sleep paralysis as the answer for me.  

Maybe do a google yourself and see if anything you read resonates with you, or if this is something different.

#3 sarahec

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

It sounds quite scary. I would pose the question to GP and maybe mental health follow up?

I did have a reread. Could it have been part of your dream?

Edited by sarahec, 22 December 2017 - 10:26 PM.

#4 28 Barbary Lane

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

You don’t suffer from sleep paralysis by any chance do you OP? I’ve sometimes had it and I’m physically frozen but feel like I’m awake and can hear weird things really clearly. It’s horrible but fairly common and happens mostly when I’m overtired.

#5 tel2

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:08 AM

No I don’t suffer from sleep paralysis but I will google it.

Thanks

#6 Sancti-claws

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:27 AM

I awoke with the knowledge that the Queen had died the other morning.  There was news broadcasts and everything...

While it COULD be the foreshadowing of doom, I would first be looking to my own sleep patterns and mental health.

Make sure you are getting enough quality rest (says she who has been up and down since 1:30 this morning due to one daughter and one cat).

#7 qak

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:54 AM

When you say you haven't had this "in my sleep before" - have you ever had it while awake? And did it come true?

I have had a couple of dreams in my life that turned out to have happened while I was sleeping. But the vast majority never happened.

Was DH in a separate room because you had been arguing? If I get upset or angry I can have bad dreams. Even being overheated while sleeping can give me bad dreams.

#8 tel2

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:59 AM

Qak....nope never had this before while awake or asleep...I’ve had dreams where I’m talking to people but no random voice that just comes out of nowhere that I can’t identify. DH was sleeping in the spare room that night because he had to get up early and I didn’t want to be woken early....no arguments.

#9 Caitlin Happymeal

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:12 AM

Hmm it's almost like an auditory hallucination. Must have been very scary!

If you feel you can't shake off the worry Id see a GP - there could be some underlying mental health issue that needs addressing. And it could also (hopefully!) Be a one-off thing that was just a weird manifestation of dream that seemed more vivid than usual. Occasionally I'll have dreams where I'll remember a tiny vivid snipit but nothing else.

#10 DirtyStreetPie

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:34 AM

Hi OP. I've had a few weird dreams that are just audio, no visuals. I understand why you're worried.

It's possible that, deep down, there are fears or thoughts about your relationship with your in-laws that have manifested themselves in a weird dream.

I have a couple of my own examples...

*WARNING: Pregnancy loss mentioned*

1. After my son was born, my sister stopped talking to me, and it caused a lot of heightened emotions and arguments within the family. At that time, I had a dream that I was so focussed on arguing that I neglected my baby and something bad happened to him. I woke up terrified, but the dream was really just a manifestation of my concern that the family issues were distracting me from my child.

2. After a miscarriage, I had a couple of dreams in which I was pregnant with twins, and they didn't make it to term. Two dreams, both about twins. I know that these dreams were simply a manifestation of my fear of future pregnancy losses.

3. Occasionally, I have terrible dreams about violent arguments with my dad or my sister. But I know that these dreams are not prophetic; they are deep-seated memories of a difficult childhood.

In a nutshell, what I'm saying is: Yes, you can have weird dreams that seem prophetic or like a prediction, but they might just be caused by your brain digging up your hidden thoughts and fears. That's just my experience, anyway.

#11 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:45 AM

My very real prophetic feeling dream that I won $186m in the lottery still has not come true. It was so real and vivid.

I generally dont dream (or remember dreams) so to so vividly remember this was hugely unusual.

Like PP have said if it continues please see your GP. There is also a type of epileptic seizure which covers this too. Some Drs believe Joan of Arc was one such sufferer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.