Due in September 2018 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#151 Chethay2012

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

Babybun - I'm not (yet) experiencing morning sickness, but in the past sipping dry ginger ale has helped me. I thunk a combination of the ginger & the fizz helped.
As for swinging between complete confidence & utter fear, yep totally normal 😉 with our first I was terrified of a miscarriage in the first 12 weeks, the day we reached 13 weeks I was blissfully ignorant of anything potentially going wrong after that. With our second (& subsequent) children the fear of something going wrong is with me every single day after that second line appears. Tell myself I'm sure everything will be fine, but the paranoia is always there to extent.

Then they're born & the worry increases tenfold!

#152 shera369

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

I am definitely not looking forward to the morning sickness aspect. I just have this feeling that it's going to hit me. At what point has that kicked in for you ladies?
I'm only 4w2d at the moment but I've had some minor feelings of nausea the last few days. It's all gone today though...
Had my blood test this morning and my HCG was 414. The nurse who called me with the result was pretty happy with that and looking at it online it all seems to be in the healthy ranges so far, so I guess it's properly official now!! :BFP: :yes:

I have been so up and down the last few days between confidence and fear as well. It's just lovely to have a day of confidence today.

We have our first ultrasound booked for 8 weeks which will be on valentine's day :wub:

What is everyone's plans for telling family and friends? Are you waiting for the 12 weeks? or your first ultrasound? or have you told everyone already?
Hubby and I keep talking about it and thinking of different ways to tell our families but haven't decided exactly when that might be yet.

Have a great weekend everyone... this is my first weekend since finding out so I'll probably get stuck into cleaning up some of the spare room :omg:

#153 Helenday

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

Did someone say there is a Facebook page for us? This is a bit hard to follow, a page would be much easier!

Shera369- My morning sickness really kicked in week 6. Also I keep intending to not tell many people until 12 weeks but when your about to vomit or looking pretty sh*t its hard not to tell people. Pretty funny, I think my husband doesn't really get how Im feeling.... so I just keep letting him know, lol

I made the terrible mistake of doing a 10 course degustation lunch the other day (which had had booked long before pregnancy)..... and I didn't want to tell the other couple that are friends/clients. How I did not vomit I don't know! It was an extravaganza of food that I couldn't eat and the flavours were so intense....... again my husband had know idea what was happening over lunch, lol.

#154 Chethay2012

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

Shera - ms is different for everyone (standard disclaimer for every aspect of pregnancy, labour, parenting & beyond 😉) for me the nausea becomes quite noticeable around 6 weeks & vomiting 7 weeks - though I've had it to varying degrees with each of our pregnancies, from vomiting daily to only mild nausea.

We haven't even told our children yet, which In think we'll do next week. In the past we've announced almost immediately, but last time waited until around 8 weeks. I can't wait much longer than that 😁

Helenday - 10 course! 😮😲 you did exceptionally well to get through that! It's hard in the early months before a visible bump becomes a visual reminder. I think it's hard to for some partners to realise how tired or nauseous we can feel. Hopefully the coming weeks are easier for you.

If it hasn't been organised yet I'm happy to set up the other social media group? (If anyone else was planning to, go for it, don't want to step on anyone's toes ☺)

I rang the Drs today to see if my blood results were in, which they were - but they were unable to provide them over the phone & no Dr's were available. So I'll have to wait until Monday 😥 however today's test was officially darker than the control, so I'm happy. We'll organise the dating scan for mid Feb at 7 weeks

#155 Lil_Schnitz

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

Shera, I'm 7wks today and so far so good with the vomiting. I know it's supposed to kick in around now, so everyday that I can hold down food feels like a blessing. My morning sickness started about a week and a half ago... I think... (this pregnancy feels like it's going in slow-mo at the moment). It ranges from mild queasiness to being off all food, but the big thing for me is that the just thought of so many specific foods now is making me feel like I'm going to retch. My food aversions started early and just keep getting more intense. I just force myself to eat most things eventually and so far I haven't brought anything back up :sick:  

A degustation sounds great in theory, Helenday, but there's no way I could get through one at this stage. What a bummer you couldn't enjoy it! But well done for trying :yes:

How bad is being forced to wait for your confirmation Chethay - same happened with me... I got mine done before the NYE long weekend. They called me right before closing on the last day of the week to say they had the results in and of course I was out of range. Seemed so cruel that they would do their callbacks right before closing for 3 days! We celebrated like everything was confirmed and healthy anyway on NYE and on the Tuesday I got the thumbs up from the doc. I'm sure it'll all be fine for you, too.

Saw my GP again today and she wants to test for a bunch of stuff including toxoplasmosis and a couple of blood disorders. My platelets are too low and dropping already, but when she tried to refer me for care through the hospital early, they told her they weren't interested until it got worse! Meanies :no2:  She thinks something's up, though, so she's getting ALL the tests run to rule everything out. She asked me to get a few tests on Monday and then a few more in a couple of weeks. She basically no news is good news from her afterwards. Way to leave a stressed out preggas woman hanging! Fingers crossed nothing shows up. :pray:

I'm kind of freaking out a tiny bit because I picked up my sister's cat's poop (with a tissue) when I was visiting and didn't know I was pregnant yet. I was thinking of my niece who was playing there, but my brother was standing right next to me... regretting that I didn't get him to do it now that I'm facing a toxoplasmosis screen. :doh:

I think someone did try to start a FB group, but it didn't get off the ground. I got sent a link, but it had expired...? I'll see who it was - maybe you can work it out with them, but yeah it's a good idea. This board is getting difficult to keep up with!

#156 KJI

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

There is a fb group :) msg Taz82 for the link. There's a few of us in there so far xx

#157 Lil_Schnitz

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

Thanks KJI :thumbs:

#158 stace_wa

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

Hi ladies, I'm hesitantly dipping a toe in here after an extremely faint bfp on an frer this morning after yesterday's maybe a squinter bfp, so it got darker. I'm approx 13dpo atm and roughly due 1St October, but October isn't open yet. This is my 4th pregnancy ttc #2 with a 17 month DD. We had a mc at 5 weeks in June, a d&c in September at 9+4 and a cp in November so it's been a rough time ttc and in hoping this one sticks!
We saw a fs last weekend for recurrent miscarriages and I was prescribed progesterone to take as soon as I get a bfp so just took my first one and I hope it staves off af and gives this little one a good chance to settle in and get comfy and grow!
I'll pop back through the thread to read your stories and it is nice to see some familiar names in here from the ttc threads.
Good luck and I hope in here for a long while this time!

#159 stace_wa

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:21 PM

Is anyone else on progesterone support?

#160 Taz82

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:11 PM

Oh Stace!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!  I don't know why but I had a feeling you would show up in here!!!
I am not on progesterone support but I am seeing my GP for the first time on Monday (she's been away, I've been away), so it will be interesting to see if she puts me on it as I'm in similar circumstances.

Ive also sent you a PM/  FX for a sticky!

#161 stace_wa

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

Thanks Taz! Fx this one is sticky and I'm here for the whole time this time.

Good luck with your gp on Monday!

#162 Taz82

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

Welcome to all the new BFP'ers.  Sorry catching up on threads whilst I've been away.

I'm so jealous of all of you who have had scans so far!! I can't wait!!  Hopefully I will have one in the next week or two.   Well by HCG levels are continuing to rise.  Five thousand and something??? at 5w1d so fx they keep going up.

Chethay2012, Hen09, ThatChick, Shera369 and JoanneAmy I have sent you all a PM :)  Please if I have accidently missed you please let me know.

Lil-Schnitz I can't believe the hospital wasn't interested.  At least your GP is being thorough and getting lots of tests done for you.

Shera - I've told a couple of close friends (one guessed when I wasn't drinking and didn't believe me when I said I was having a break).  I haven't told family yet, which was hard as I have just spent a week with my mum and dad.  But as my last three pregnancies were a MC and CPs I want to make sure everything is ok first.  Once I see a heartbeat I will prob tell family and close friends.

#163 Blueghostgirl

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:46 AM

Hi all,

I thought I’d come say hi. I am about 7 1/2 weeks along according to tracking everything but haven’t had a scan yet.  Current estimated due date is September 4th.

I was pregnant last April but we had a miscarriage in May at 6 weeks so I was waiting a while before joining in.

We haven’t told anyone yet. After last time we are waiting for scans before announcing it.

Morning/evening/ any time of the day sickness is only hitting in the form of nausea and feeling starving at the same time. Anyone else get the burps? Every time I eat or drink anything- so ladylike One of my friends said she got like that too, so I was wondering how common it is.

Anyone getting smell aversions to non food stuff? Perfumes, shower gels and deodorants can make me gag a bit. One I used until 2 weeks ago now makes me feel sick.

Anyway, looking forward to being here with all of you!

#164 Helenday

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:38 AM

Hey Bluehostgirl!
Im due Sep 9. I had to change my deodorant and I can't stand the small of my pee!, lol!

I am planning on telling my parents too after the heartbeat scan, but I keep letting it slip to girlfriends because Ive been so sick and its hard to hide!

#165 Lizie22

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:42 AM

Hey everyone! Welcome to all the new expectant Mums! So exciting to see this group grow.

Omg blueghostgirl definutely getting aversions to everything it’s making life so hard lol I hope it passes for you soon!!

Hey everyone. Im just putting this question out to see if anyone might know the answer. We ripped up our carpet this week in the lounge room and went to lay floorboards. Unfortunately the concrete slab wasn’t level so we had to get a guy to come and shave back the concrete and then pour more cement to level it. Does anyone know how harmful the fumes from laying the concrete in the house might be? Unfortunately I was in the house while they laid it and slept in the house overnight (have been so sick from ms I haven’t been able to leave). I guess I just wasn’t thinking properly and I really should have gotten out of here but now I’m petrified the fumes will have done irreplaceable damage. Does anyone know about cement laying fumes or maybe have a tradie partner they could ask please? Paranoid psycho over here.

#166 Itsok15

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

Hey girls!
I’m tentatively dipping my toe in after a very obviously BFP on a clearblue this morning at around 12dpo. This is our second bub, we have a 2.5yr old. This was month 7 ttc, lucky no7. I had an ectopic back in 2016 and lost the tube so that may have hindered my trying hence why it took so long.
Going doctors for bloods tomorrow. Looks like I’m due October 3rd but seeing it’s not open yet I’ll hang here! Congratulations everyone!

#167 twinklestarshine

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:58 AM

Hi everyone..I got a bfp 2 weeks ago..I'm guessing I'll be 6 weeks this Thursday..getting a blood test done tomorrow. I'm jnterested in joining the fb group too please as long as its fully private?

#168 stace_wa

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

Welcome Twinkle. Send Taz a PM in regards to the group.

#169 Taz82

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:24 PM

Welcome itsok15 and blueghostgirl I have sent you both a pm.

Edited by Taz82, 22 January 2018 - 10:27 PM.

#170 Itsok15

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:56 AM

Thanks Taz! I think I’m due October 1st so should probably wait for that group to open and join in there. Thankyou though.

#171 Joan10

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

Hi everyone, I'm Joan.

Being cautiously optimistic and typing up my first post, but I've been stalking the last week.

I got my first bfp last week at what I'm guessing was 10 or 11dpo. I'm quite irregular as I'm still breastfeeding my DS, so it's hard to really tell.

My history:
2012 - ectopic
2013 - DD (born at 36wks)
2016 - DS (born at 33wks coz of placenta previa)
and 2018, expecting a bubba Sept 29!!

Lines are getting darker but I requested full blood checks due to my history of an ectopic.

First HCG taken at 14dpo (I think) came back at 284. I'm picking up the second lot today in an hour. I'm so nervous coz that number seems a little low.

My progesterone was a little low too. At 50.3. I started taking progesterone supplements last night and will continue to until the placenta takes over. I took supplements with my other pregnancies so I'm used to it.

Anyway lovely to see all your posts and congratulations to everyone. I'll be back in about two hours with what I hope is good news.

Joan

#172 benny81

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:24 PM

Hi everyone
I'm tentatively joining here due 26th sept with no. 3  Just a bit cautious as I've had a small amount of spotting. Had bhcg done yesterday and it was 91 (4w4d) and will do another on Thursday so fingers& toes crossed it's all fine
I'll pm you taz82 😊

#173 Kallie88

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

Welcome everyone, hope the start of your pregnancies are smooth sailing xx

#174 Taz82

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

Hi Joan and welcome!!! Congrats! I have sent you a pm. My HCG level was 124 at 13DPO and then last week it was up in the five thousand so fx the ones you got today looked good too.

Hi Benny, welcome and congrats. I’ve replied to your pm. All the best with your bloods on Thursday.

AFM - I’ll prob go and get more full lot of antenatal bloods done this Thursday or Friday and hoping to book in my dating scan next Thursday or Friday.

#175 Joan10

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

Thanks Taz! Will check my PM's now.

So after 14dpo of 284, I got my results yesterday of 16dpo 886! So things look to be going well. I didn't check progesterone again, but these pessaries should be helping.

👍👍👍

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.