Due in September 2018 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#76 newlywedandready

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

Has anyone else had their scans yet?

Mine is tomorrow and I have just moved from feeling excited to terrified that they'll scan and there will be nothing there.

How is everyone else feeling? xx

#77 Kallie88

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

Omg morning sickness has hit today. Ugh

Guidance I'm sorry you've been having a tough time, i hope results continue to improve and your bubba gets nice and comfy in there xx

We have a girl and a boy so don't care at all what this bubba is. If it's a girl all my daughters dresses will get lots more use haha. I like Willow for a girl and a few j names for a boy Jai and Jasper are prob the favorites at this early stage. But we won't completely decide until bubs is born so there's heaps of time to get a good short list together :)

#78 GuidanceNeeded

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:21 PM

Heart beat at 80 but also measuring 6+2.

So it’s very possible heart only started functioning in last 12 or so hours hence it was so faint and appeared slow. The sonographer was amazed he even got a reading.

GP is not concerned so we wait again and continue praying.

I am meeting my midwife Wednesday morning so next scan scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.

#79 Lil_Schnitz

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

So he/she's a slow starter GuidanceNeeded, but there's lots of good news in there. Baby is growing despite the bleeding and his/her little heart is up and running. The placement might not be perfect, but it's good enough to keep things moving forward like they are.

It sounds like this little one is determined to stay against all odds. You've probably got a little fighter in there, which is great!

I'll keep you in my prayers all the same.  

You, too, newlywed! I hope you get a good strong image and heartbeat at your scan tomorrow.

I know what you mean about excitement & fear. Mine's on Monday and I keep swinging between imagining seeing the little blob and hearing the swoosh-swoosh, and imagining being shown a black little void. Scary.

The not-knowing is the hardest part of all of this. Remember that the odds are in favour of there being a healthy little baby in there... at least a 75% chance. They're strong odds.

How's the nausea, Kallie? Still managing to get food and drink down?

#80 rowd

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

Guidance needed - a heartbeat is great news! And it has to start off somewhere.  The waiting between scans must be really hard.  I hope the next few days go quickly for you and that you get reassuring news at your next scan.

Good luck for tomorrow newlywed. I know that feeling of half expecting them to look at the screen and there's nothing there.  I think it's because right now it almost seems like pregnancy is all in our minds.

Lil_schnitz - not long to go! All the best for Monday.  How far along will you be then?

I had my first experience of not being able to eat today.  My husband and I went out for lunch and I ordered something delicious, ate half of it and then suddenly it made me feel completely sick and I couldn't eat another mouthful.  I had to go outside while he finished his meal.

#81 GuidanceNeeded

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

Well I’m sorry to say goodbye ladies
I got a return call this afternoon, we are in too risky of a situation to continue. I’ve been admitted directly to our local hospital and now being transferred from my local to the city for a removal :(

Best of luck to you all.

#82 rowd

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

Guidanceneeded, I am so sorry. I hope the procedure goes smoothly and I wish you all the best xx

#83 Lil_Schnitz

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:47 AM

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, GuidanceNeeded.

I hope the removal is uncomplicated and your recovery is swift. My thoughts will be with you in the coming days.

Don't lose heart. I'm optimistic that we'll see you in this section again soon.

Until then be kind to yourself and take care.

:heart:

#84 Lil_Schnitz

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

Rowd, I'll be about 6+5 weeks on Monday, according to my LMP date. But we are pretty sure I ovulated early this cycle because I was dieting and exercising quite rigorously and under stress. Plus we did the deed on the 7th day of my cycle, and unless those little guys were camped out for a very long wait, we reckon cenception was possibly as early as the 10th day. So I could be as much as 7wks+ by Monday, but we can only know once we see the scan results. I'll try to get a picture of my fuzzy little blob to post here if the radiographer allows it ...and if there's anything to see, of course.

#85 newlywedandready

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

GuidanceNeeded, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I hope you have lots of support during this difficult time.

Sending you big hugs and wishing you lots of luck in the future. xx

#86 newlywedandready

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

I had my scan this morning. Bub measured around 5w6d - a little smaller than anticipated using my LMP (6w2d).

We saw the heartbeat flicker away at 103, which was a little on the low side but not terrible, but I rebooked for another scan next Thursday just to be safe.

#87 Kallie88

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

So sorry to hear guidanceneeded, be kind to yourself and i hope you have some good supports in the coming days xx

I probably should have gone to the gp today for my blood results but it's too hot lol. I'll go sat and get ds weighed and jabbed at the same time! Morning sickness gone today yay! Lil Schnitz it wasn't quite that bad, just the waves of nausea where you feel like you're about to vomit but it doesn't quite happen. Not looking forward to when it doesn't go away!

Thats great newlywed, hope Thursday goes well for you!

#88 rowd

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

Newlywed - congrats on seeing the heartbeat! From what I've read it is totally normal for embyros to measure up to 5 days plus or minus your LMP dates. With my first scan for my daughter I measured 6 days behind. And mostl likely the heart has only been beating a very short time, so 103 sounds good.

All the best for next week

#89 Babybun

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

Guidance I'm so so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

That's a bit of a relief newlywed to hear the heartbeat! I've got my first scan tomorrow! Using lmp I'll be 6w4d but I'm estimating I'll only be 5w5d, so I'm anxious and excited too see what they say. I haven't had any nausea in the last week and no cramping until today. I just want to know baby is okay and well and if they do say I'm 6w+ I'll be thrilled. Fx.

Would love to see a scan pic Lil_Schnitz.

#90 Lil_Schnitz

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

How exciting, newlywed! Hope the next scan looks good and baby is growing nicely.

I wonder if we'll be totally out with our scan and it'll be way earlier than we thought. It wouldn't be the first time that I've gotten ahead of myself.

It's all so exiting and mysterious. I was so worried to begin with, but now I'm loving the anticipation. I'm still really looking forward to seeing that everything is moving along steadily, but mostly just excited to "meet" our baby for the first time.

Babybun, good luck with your scan tomorrow!

I've been watching a Netflix series about babies called 'The Beginning of Life'. I highly recommend it.

#91 newlywedandready

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

Thanks everyone. xx

Good luck with your scan tomorrow Baby Bun. It really was a magical experience! xx

#92 rowd

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

I'm getting jealous of everyone's scans! Good luck for tomorrow babybun.

#93 Lizie22

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:40 PM

Hi everyone! It’s so lovely to meet you all and be in this group with you!!

I got my BFP on Monday this week - I took four tests that day just to make sure lol and then tests every day since and a blood test on Wednesday too confirming it (obsessive much?!)

I feel like I should be taking a test every day from now until our first scan to make sure it’s still real but I know that’s silly lol does anyone else feel like that? It’s blowing my mind that there’s nothing for us to do between now and the first scan except hope it all goes okay.

Judging by my LMP I’m 4w3d - I keep having cramping like my period is about to come so it keeps scaring the absolute crap out of me. I’m sure it’s fine but you just never know.

I have been so nauseous this week though too but my gp doctor told me that morning sickness doesn’t really happen until 8 weeks. Surely that’s not true? My first scan is on the 1st of feb so I’ll be asking then!!!

Anyway it’s really lovely being here with you all and I’m looking forward to getting to know you and sharing this journey!!

#94 newlywedandready

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:28 AM

YAY! Welcome Lizie and congrats on your BFP!

I obsessively tested for the first two weeks following my first BFP. I think it's totally normal.

Any word on your EDD?

Ps. on the nausea, I'm 6w3d and I feel just awful. Most foods make me gag and I wake up feeling like I've been hit by a bus. In fact I almost threw up on the bus yesterday haha.
So I think it can hit earlier than 8 weeks.

#95 Lizie22

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:15 AM

Thanks newlywed! Sept 19th but they said they’ll have a more accurate one at the first scan. I can’t wait, I am so excited!

This better be real nausea and not in my mind because it sucks 😂 but it’s still great because it makes me feel like it’s real.

Anyone got a nickname for their bump yet?

#96 newlywedandready

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:03 AM

We call ours Santos because we found out we were preggo on Christmas Day. :)

#97 Kallie88

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:58 AM

welcome Liz! Congratulations! It's so exciting :)

I got cramping before my bfp with #1 i thought it was my period coming but it wasn't lol. And nausea started at 6 weeks with #1 and 4 weeks with #2. There's so much variation outta definitely possible earlier than 8 weeks

#98 rowd

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

Congrats and welcome Lizie! Haha don't worry, most of us have been there with the obsessive testing.

Do you have a date for your first scan? It's always nice to get a proper EDD!

And nausea - not sure where your GP got the 8 weeks from, it can definitely hit anytime.

#99 Lizie22

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:36 PM

Thanks everyone!

First scan is on 1st Feb (7 weeks along) I absolutely cant wait but am petrified at the same time.

I went back and read the past four pages. I feel so much more normal now as everything everyone has been talking about, I've been experiencing or wondering too!!

The thing giving me the most nausea is coffee!!! I've only been having one a day but it just isn't settling so i think it will have to go.

I do have a question though - everyone keeps talking about their HCG levels with their bloods but my doctor never told me mine. He just said 'congrats you're pregnant'.

Should I be asking for them? Is it something to be concerned about?

#100 rowd

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

Don't worry about hcg levels! Honestly I think they can just be something more to stress over. Some doctors do a single hcg test to confirm pregnancy, which you don't need if you've already had a positive test. Others do repeat tests to check that the pregnancy is progressing appropriately (particularly if there has been any bleeding, etc). Which you can't do anything about anyway. I had a single test this time around and purposely didn't ask for a repeat as I knew I would just overanalyse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.