Anaheim as a large family accommodation

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Chazonator

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

Hi, not sure whether I'd get more traffic here or in travel section but I was hoping for those who have gone to America specifically the Anaheim area for Disneyland where did you stay? Were you able to find somewhere that could fit everyone comfortably? We only have 4 kids but it'll still be hard to find the right place with enough beds. Not sure when we're going but it'll either be this year or next year and we want to have a few options for accommodation.

Thanks

#2 Speckle Park

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:00 PM

Parkvue Inn has rooms with 2 queens and a bunk - sleeps 6. There are also interconnecting rooms to sleep 6 in 3 queens.

I stayed here with my kids and we thought it was ideal. Previously we had stayed at the Grand Californian and thought Parkvue was just as good for distance from the parks and the price was unbeatable. It was very clean, quiet, the pool was a pool (not picturesque but cool and wet) and there was an onsite coin laundry. I was nervous about it being motel-style but was actually fine.

#3 Chazonator

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

Did you stay there for the whole trip or go somewhere else? I was hoping we could see universal studios and maybe San Diego zoo which are in different directions! Air New Zealand seem to have reasonable fares at the moment so I guess it's just a matter of figuring out what to see and do and costs involved.

#4 Speckle Park

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

We only stayed there for our time at Disneyland. You can do day trips either way from Anaheim so might be happy staying longer.

#5 hm6

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:45 PM

We stayed at the Howard Johnson at Anaheim - easy walk to both parks - one section was newer then the other so might be worth a look. There were interconnecting rooms but not 100% sure as to fitting 6 people all up. If you are going in summer they seemed to have a good water park area plus pool which we didn’t use. But there are a few hotels on the strip near Disneyland which would have interconnecting rooms - I’m told that Candy Cane Hotel is really good.

#6 BornToLove

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

Gray line does coach tours to the theme parks in San Diego and Hollywood. They will pick you up from your hotel in Anaheim, take you to the attractions you want to see and take you back at the end of the day. We did the San Diego zoo, but sea world, LEGO land and universal studios were also available. It’s a long day, but for sure far easier if you just want to do 1 or 2 other theme parks in adidition to Disneyland.

I have no advice on large family accomodation. Most places in the area have interconnecting rooms and proper suites that can easily sleep a family of six. I personally would look at places across from or just down the street. It’s nice to be able to have a break around dinner time but still close enough to go back for fireworks or a few more rides

#7 danni_pink

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

We just got back from Anaheim. Went with my parents so 4 adults and 2 kids. We stayed at Desert Inn and Suites. Across the road from Disneyland entrance on harbor. We got a suite (interconnecting rooms) where each room had 2 queen beds and a full shower/bath and toilet in each. (Some suites only have an extra toilet). They also have a free breakfast (fruit, toast, cereal, juice/coffee etc).

#8 JK4

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

We went last year and our splurge was Grand Californian and we had 2 interconnecting rooms for 3 adults & 4 kids (queen plus 1 bunk in each room). If you stay in Hollywood and then do the zoo & universal studio I highly recommend the Magic Castle, great location and good value for LA. We had one room for 6 with 2 bedrooms both with queen beds & then fold out double sofa bed in the lounge. Breakfast and snacks were a great inclusion & easy to train to universal with hotel providing train cards so you just added fare then returned card at end of day.

#9 Elizabethandfriend

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:44 PM

We stayed at courtyard Anaheim theme park entrance.  Great hotel and it had two queens and a set of bunks in each room.  It also had two showers.

#10 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:25 PM

Depending on ages of kids and if they are happy to share beds, but we stayed at the Edenroc Inn family room as 2A3C. Easy walk up through Downtown Disney to Disney.

http://www.edenrocan...mmodations.html

Functional, newly renovated and very cheap $175USD per night when we went in September. We basically only slept there as we spent our days out all day.

Edited by Veritas Vinum Arte, 06 January 2018 - 07:26 PM.

#11 jessa86

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

We did Disneyland with our 4 children in June. We stayed in an Airbnb close by. It was much cheaper than having to book two hotel rooms. It was nice having a kitchen and living space too.

#12 Kreme

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:57 PM

We stayed in the Homewood Suites Convention Centre. All rooms are suites with a separate living room, bedroom and kitchen. We had a king bed, a set of bunks with a trundle underneath and there may have been a sofa bed in the living room as well.

We had originally planned to stay for 3 nights and then move to the Magic Castle in LA. But the MC was double the price of staying in Anaheim plus we would have lost a big portion of a day moving hotels. So we ended up staying in Anaheim for 6 days. As well as going to Disney we also saw an NFL game and took a coach tour to Universal Studios for a day.

You can also take a day tour to San Diego however if you have time I would recommend staying there for a few days. We caught the train to San Diego directly from Anaheim and absolutely loved our time there.

#13 Poughkeepsie

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

We are travelling to California in April, 2 adults and 3 kids. Accommodation costs vary massively once you don't have the standard "family of 4" so look around on the hotel comparison sites and sign up for price drop alerts. We did this and saved a lot on our Anaheim hotel (Fairfield Inn). I also looked at Desert Palms, Park Vue, Best Western Park Plus and Homewood Suites.

We are staying in LA for 3 nights at the Magic Castle which has rooms that fit 6, and then driving down to San Diego and Carlsbad to do the zoo, Sea World, coast (La Jolla etc) and finally 2 nights at Legoland Hotel to finish off. San Diego accommodation is expensive and a lot of the Bayfront hotels only accommodate 4 in a room. Look around the area (Trivago shows a map of hotels) to get a good deal. Further from downtown is usually cheaper.

Good luck! We are getting closer to finishing up our plans now and it's getting exciting 👍

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.