What's the best dating site for larger women?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AmazonBabe

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

So..... single again.  Had a BF for about 15 months but, yet again, end up with ones who require far too much "fixing up" for me.

Where are the nice guys?

I'm a larger girl (think size 20 or so) and most men are put off by a 40yo tertiary educated professional large woman with two teen boys who are mostly in her care.

Where did you find your partners?  What's the best dating site?

I get really despondent and depressed when nobody responds :(

#2 ABabyPlease

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

Hey, I was on RSVP about 10 years ago when I met my DP. I was on there for about 5 years and there were lots of frogs...

I used to do it in bulk, so send out lots of messages and then take a break. The emotional roller coaster was tough, I did some counselling along the way which helped.

I hope someone has more current advice.
Good luck!

#3 boysescakes

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

I don't think one is better than the other for a particular body size. You'll find a lot of people are on multiple anyway.
Maybe dip your toe in and try a couple at a time.
I was never a fan of tinder and guess what, I met my current guy on there. Never thought I'd find a person of substance on there.
It's a game of luck really. Lucky if you find a great guy!

#4 teaspoon

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:37 PM

Try Bumble, AmazonBabe!

https://bumble.com

#5 teaspoon

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:51 AM

Now that I think about it AmazonBabe, there's an app called wooplus that I've seen on instagram.  http://www.wooplus.com

I haven't used it because, although I'm a size 16, I actually wouldn't want someone who's solely interested in plus sized women.

I don't know... maybe worth a shot?

#6 #YKG

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

Honestly it’s hit and miss. I’m a size 20 after dropping weight and when I was larger I didn’t have any issues on any of the websites.
I made sure to include current pictures including a full body so there were no “surprises”. Just be honest in your profile, I’ve found doing a “this is me” of a few sentences has been sufficient.

#7 gemgirl

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:40 PM

Well, I was looking for women, not men, so... my site probably isn't so relevant.

But I put in my profile "I'm a curvy girl". I think there was even a 'body type' question. I figure I'll put it in my profile, so that they see it, and don't respond if they're going to be put off.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.