Baptism gift ideas?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 babybug15

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

My niece is getting baptised soon and is a couple of months old.

Whilst I was raised Catholic, I can't remember the last time I went to a Catholic baptism. I'm not religious & DH is atheist.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be an appropriate gift?

#2 Fossy

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

Some nice gifts my children received included (religious) a children’s bible, crucifix, rosary beads, or non religious nice jewellery, jewellery box, commemorative coin set, monogrammed wallet, engraved watch, willow tree ornament.
Hope that helps

#3 Aughra

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

I always give money in a card as a gift.  DS received mostly cash for his (Catholic) baptism.  It ranged from $20 - $200.

We had setup a bank account for DS when he was born so it was nice to be able to put the money away for him.

EFS

Edited by Aughra, 11 January 2018 - 06:15 PM.

#4 *Melstar*

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:40 PM

We've received books, bible story picture books etc, children's bible, non religious jewellery, religious jewellery, book ends and keepsake things. I'm not sure there are rules to it! Something thoughtful, if you aren't too religious yourselves, would be appreciated, I'm sure.

#5 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

I'd probably avoid things like bibles that you really don't need more than one of as you would probably find others would have the same idea. Cash is probably a safe option or a piece of jewellery.

#6 Odd-1-Out

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

My little one received lots of nice clothes in many different sizes which has been really good.

#7 JBH

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

The Mint does a nice boxed coin set for babies, commemorating their year of birth.

#8 Silver Girl

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

My DS still uses the Bunnykins cup he received for his baptism:

https://m.petersofke...g-set-2pce.aspx

DD loves her board book bible:

https://www.mightyap...ECABEgKCafD_BwE

#9 hgoj

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

For little girls i buy a bracelet in a kid size and have their name put on it.  I also buy books or a pretty outfit.

#10 MandaMama

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:28 PM

Nice money box or photo frame.

A piece of art or framed print suitable for child's bedroom.

#11 babybug15

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate these lovely ideas.

#12 Pooks Combusted

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:07 AM

A lovely box set of books is my go-to.

#13 aluminium

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

My go-to baptism gift for babies is Max Lucado's book, "You Are Special".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.