Due in October 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month.

If you need any help just let me know.

Enjoy!

#2 stace_wa

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

Gold! Hehe.

I've been floating around the September DIG waiting for this to open. EDD is October 1St if I got my dates correct, hoping I was off by a few days though since my starting tests were so light. Finally getting some good tests now at 4+2.
I'm on progesterone pessaries and will be starting progynova tomorrow as well to support this pregnancy after 3 miscarriages last year ttc #2. We have a 17 month DD as well. BHCG from Monday was only 28 and I'll be doing pregnancy monitoring so bloods again today to check on the rise and then every Monday and Thursday until after a dating scan in 2-3 weeks. My hpts are getting much darker every day so trying to stay optimistic for this pregnancy.

I hope there's some more expecting mums in here soon :)

#3 Itsok15

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

I’ve been doing the same Stace! Finally got hold of Sandra to set it up, thanks for opening it for us Sandra!

I’m due the same day I think stace! I’m 4+2 today I think! Eagerly awaiting my bloods today which got taken Monday. Did a clear blue digital yesterday morning and it was pregnant 1-2weeks so that’s good! Haven’t done one today will just wait for bloods.
This is baby #2, ds is 2.5. Month 7 ttc. Excited but nervous! Cant believe I’ve come back for number 2 now it’s happened! Haha im enjoying my sleep so much! All worth it though!
Hope we get a nice big group of us!

#4 stace_wa

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

How did your bloods go Itsok? How are you feeling?

It's a bit quiet in here so far, but since we are due right at the beginning of October I suppose that's to be expected for a bit lol

I'm waiting impatiently for my second lot of blood results which were taken yesterday. Hoping to see a good rise in bHCG as well as estrogen which was little low on Monday and I am starting supplements for today when the chemist gets them in. So I'll be on progesterone 200mg and 2mg estrogen twice daily to help support this pregnancy..

#5 Itsok15

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

Stace you won’t believe it my gp forgot to get my hcg checked! He just did pre natal bloods and checked my vaccination levels and hormone levels! So they are repeating them today and should get them back Monday.
I booked in to see my ob anyways mid feb so will be 7-8 weeks.
Feeling fairly normal bar some bloating. Cruisy so far!

#6 stace_wa

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

Omg how annoying Itsok. Your test was really good so I'm sure the numbers will be great.

I just got my results from yesterdays bloods and my hcg is up to 74 in 48 hours so doubling every 34 which is great! Hopefully those numbers keep rising and I see some big numbers soon. Next bloods Monday...

#7 --binda--

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:28 PM

Hi Guys,

I got a BFP over last weekend, my period wasn't due until yesterday. My EDD would be 4/5th October.

This would be my 6th Pregnancy, but 5th baby. I had a miscarriage in May last year, so needless to say i'm sh*t scared of the same thing happening.

I'm booked in to have Gastric Sleeve surgery in November, so it seems that may be put off if all things go well with this pregnancy.

I'm too scared to go to my GP..

I don't generally frequent EB as much these days.

#8 Itsok15

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:12 PM

Welcome Binda! Totally understand you must be scared but we have all been in a similar boat. Try stay positive, I’m sure it will all be fine! Best to see your gp to have some bloods done and confirm everything.

The surgery could still go ahead depending on the support levels you have and whether your breastfeeding. Again a chat with your gp will clear that too. Best of luck! Let us know how you get along!

#9 stargaze

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:40 AM

Hi everyone, first time poster and thought I'd stop stalking the forum and get on board!
Congrats to you all!
I hope you are feeling more confident to go to the GP soon Binda, you have a lot going on and it must feel overwhelming. A good chat with your GP may be just the right thing atm.

I got my BFP mid this week and if my claculations are right my EDD is 2 Oct. I have a DS who is nearly 8 and I'm 41 soon so I suspect this time around it will be quite different. DH is happy and so am I. Really hoping it sticks and all goes ok as can't wait to tell my DS later on, he won't believe he could finally have a sibling!
My GP appt on Tuesday - mixed feelings of excitement and nervous. I've forgotten how worried you get thinking something may go wrong at anytime. Just gotta chill hey!?
Looking forward to sharing our journey :)

#10 stace_wa

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

Welcome Binda and Stargaze and congratulations!
Binda, sounds like you have a lot going on. I hope your gp appointment goes well and that your gp is supportive.

Stargaze, good luck with your gp appointment on Tuesday. I am terrible with worrying in the first trimester, was terrible with DD and worse now after a few losses this time around. It's so hard to relax and know that there's nothing much we can really do.

Afm, I've run out of frers so no more testing lol. Next lot of bloods Monday and results Tuesday to see how everything is rising. I'm getting pretty nauseous through the day, but haven't been sick yet, though I blame the progesterone and estrogen support for that...

#11 stargaze

Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:01 AM

Thanks Stace! Oh my gosh the testing, it is so addictive. I'm trying to cut down haha glad you aren't sick yet. My nausea is on and off but not actually sick yet but geez I'm showing so much already it is insane, going to be very difficult to hide it during the first trimester especially with DS school going back soon. Anyone else noticed that?

#12 stace_wa

Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

I am fairly bloated too, but I'm overweight and am down to 105kg from 118kg this time last year, so most ppl will assume I'm getting fatter again like they did last time with DD lol not very flattering of them, but hey, it helps keep the secret until we are ready ;)

I'm waiting for the questions though. Why is it ppl always feel the need to comment or ask if your pregnant? I mean, if you wanted to ppl to know, you would tell them right?

#13 Ancla&Owl30

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:27 PM

Hi ladies,

I've come over from the January TCC group. I got my BFP yesterday and EDD is 7 October. I currently have 3.5 year old DD, who's dying for a sibling so we're super excited to tell her when all is good.

We're trying to contain our excitement as I have a high chance of Ectopic pregnancy. I've recently changed OBGYN. With my last pregnancy I had to go in straight away for a scan, but with the public holiday yesterday and now the weekend I won't be able to ring until Monday.

We have an appointment booked for Monday afternoon with a FS, who will also be my new OBGYN as we were meant to be starting our fertility journey on Monday! Amazing how things work out. Do you ladies think I should keep the appointment and just go and see him, or ring and see what the clinic says? I figure as he's going to be my OBGYN I might as well just see him as we already have the appointment booked but I'm such a worry wart!

#14 stace_wa

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

Welcome Ancla&Owl! I'd probably keep the appointment with your fs, but maybe call the clinic Monday morning to update them on your pregnancy and see what they say.

Good luck!

#15 Itsok15

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

Welcome stargaze and Ancla&owl!
I ran out of sticks on Tuesday so haven’t tested since! But I’m just assuming all is well. Might get a sneaky test tomorrow or Monday just to be sure but I should get my bloods back by Monday.
Still no real symptoms except a bit of bloating and cramping isn’t the Arvos.

Ancla&owl I would call the clinic and let them know your pregnant because they may want to change it. Not much your on can do this early besides bloods but a gp can do that for less if a cost haha an ultrasound won’t pick much up unfortunately. I had an ectopic back in 2016 with a mirena in but my ob isn’t worried and I’m booked in for mid feb at around 7-8 weeks so we can see something on ultrasound.
Fingers crossed we all have smooth journeys ahead!

#16 Itsok15

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

Just did a clear blue digital to put my mind at ease while waiting for bloods (which are a week late now) and it said pregnant 2-3weeks so yay! Last one on Tuesday said 1-2 weeks so my hcg is obviously rising!

#17 --binda--

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:25 AM

Thanks itsok! I'm actually still breastfeeding my 2 year old :o, but have decided to try and get donor milk should this pregnancy go as planned, due to actually needing the surgery!

It's great to see so many BFP's happening!

I don't generally get on EB at home (far too busy), and get on when I'm on night shift at work (work in a taxi call centre), and there are no calls coming through.

I've had more symptoms pop through over the weekend, a wicked UTI - when no doctors surgeries were open, thankfully, I still had in date antibiotics from my last pregnancy for the same reason, and that has seemed to settle it down, but will head to the Dr hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday.

Ancla - I would totally keep the appointment, at least then you can still touch base with him, and I assume you have waited a while for the appointment itself?

Stace - People seem to think pregnancies are for everyone to comment on.

Looking forward to seeing more BFP's from the group :)

#18 Itsok15

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

Binda sounds like you will be fine to get the surgery. Guess the only other thing is whether you ended up with a Csection the surgeries could be t close together.
Just see what your gp says. More symptoms sounds good!

I got a call from my ob office today and he has requested I come in a week earlier for a scan, I’m assuming this is because of the ectopic I had, he would prefer to check early if everything is in the right place. So that’s exciting!

#19 Ancla&Owl30

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:16 PM

Congrats Binda & Stargaze!

I ended up ringing the clinic and they swapped my appointment to Wednesday morning at his private practice.

I went to the GP today and his pregnancy test came up positive but it was faint. He said that it could be their tests, as the medical companies charge alot for the test and as they frequently use them they go for the ones that don't cost as much but aren't as sensitive.

Over the weekend I've done 4 FRER's and 1 Clearblue and all have come up strongly positive, with the Clearblue saying 1-2 weeks. I'm currently 4w1d.

The GP sent me for my bloods and would ring me with the results asap, but on the form he wrote pregnant?? which has me worried! I'm stressing my HCG levels are tapering off, though I've no other symptoms of anything been wrong; still getting nausea, I'm super tired & had to sleep every afternoon for a cat nap and I have heaps of EWCM.

#20 stargaze

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

I really hope all ok Ancla& and you get a positive call soon. Sounds like your on track though, good you've got your appt at his rooms soon.

#21 Ancla&Owl30

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:41 PM

Thanks Stargaze!

#22 Itsok15

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:47 AM

Ancla&owl they have to put ?pregnant because the blood test is to confirm it. Although the tests say positive they aren’t certain until they do bloods. So the reason for bloods is to confirm pregnancy hence the ?
So don’t stress it! If your frers are coming back solid then all good! My bloods came back fine but I didn’t get told my hcg. But it was obviously fine as my doctor was happy and didn’t order any repeats.
I don’t have many symptoms at all. I feel a bit off and bloated in the evenings and my appetite isn’t great which I had with ds too. But I’m not complaining! Haha

Edited by Itsok15, 30 January 2018 - 07:48 AM.

#23 stace_wa

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

Ancla&Owl, I agree with Itsok, it's probably because it's a confirmation blood test and that's why they've put the ?
When will you get your results?

Itsok, I'm glad your gp was happy with your bloods. Sounds like everything is going well.

Afm, waiting for the results from my third blood test taken yesterday. Hopefully my hcg and other hormones have risen as needed... Pretty anxious about it. I feel really nauseous, but haven't been sick yet. This could all just be the hormone support though dammit, so hard to say what are symptoms of the pregnancy and what are side effects of the meds.

#24 Ancla&Owl30

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:49 AM

They're going to ring me today. I am so anxious, I can't concentrate and I feel so nauseous.

I did another Ebay test this morning and it came up positive but not strong, which has made me more worried! I know they're not as sensitive as FRER. URGH, this whole process is so stressful and worrisome!

#25 stace_wa

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

Got my blood results from yesterday and they couldn't be more perfect.

HCG up to 845 from 74 last Wednesday
Progesterone in the 70s from 48
Estrogen now in the 500s up from 200s

Looking at a scan on the 12th Feb for dating and viability and it's looking more and more likely that my O date was out and I picked up the pregnancy ridiculously early which is why my levels were so low to start with. My doubling rate is sitting in the low 30s which is fantastic.

I'm so relieved! Next test Thursday for results Friday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.