Due in October 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic

#101 Itsok15

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:49 AM

So sorry MrsP. Hope it all runs as smooth as possible and you can move on and try again.
Ancla&owl fingers crossed it’s not another ectopic. That’s why I had such an early scan to check that. Fingers crossed is nothing to worry about.

#102 4springlets

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

Hi Ladies,

Im going to tentatively join your group...
Ive read through all your posts and my heart goes out to the ladies experiencing early difficulties. I hope you are ok...

I suffered a loss around 13wks about a year ago and it was pretty traumatic. My DH and I already have 3 children aged 11,9&7 that came very easily into our lives. All my pregnancies were uneventful and so when I finally convinced my DH to try again and it ended the way it did- it was a huge shock. But with every cloud there is a silver lining and mine was a deepened appreciation for the beautiful, healthy children I already had. And an understanding for the thousands of woman suffering the struggles, pain and disappointment that so frequently occurs in pregnancy.

Fast forward a year and here we are again... only 5wks in and this tiny surprise is very much wanted, however Im trying not to let my mind get excited.
Im older than I was with my successful pregnancies, so it might not be meant to be, time will tell.
Im estimating if this pregnancy progresses, that this baby will be born on my 39th birthday- 10th October.

I look forward to reading your journeys over the coming weeks. Best wishes xx

#103 Ocean waves

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:44 AM

4 springlets - congratulations! Im sorry to hear of your past loss. I’m about the same age as you.

I hope we are all comparing morning sickness remedies in the next few Weeks.

#104 Ancla&Owl30

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:14 PM

Hi ladies, thanks for the support. Not quite sure how to feel, my OB didn't seem overly negative about it; he just wants to make sure with my history everything is ok.

ItsOk when did you have your first scan?

#105 mill85

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

Hi everyone,

Firstly I’m sorry to those who are anxiously awaiting scans or bloods and to those who have miscarried, it’s a stressful time. We lost a baby at 16 weeks and since then my pregnancy innocence has also well and truly been taken away.

I got a completely unexpected positive test a few weeks ago- this will be our 4th child earth side. I’m super anxious and worried about whether things will work out. I had some bleeding last week and had had crappy hcgs so had an early scan but all looked ok and we had a heartbeat at 5.4 weeks. I thought I was 5 days further along so I’m now due October 1st. I’m having a follow up scan next week so hoping that’s ok because apart from mild nausea, fatigue and being a bit more emotional I feel pretty normal! I’m still in shock as a fourth certainly wasn’t on the cards!

I hope everyone is trekking along ok this week :)

Edited by mill85, 08 February 2018 - 12:42 PM.

#106 Itsok15

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

View PostAncla&Owl30, on 08 February 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

Hi ladies, thanks for the support. Not quite sure how to feel, my OB didn't seem overly negative about it; he just wants to make sure with my history everything is ok.

ItsOk when did you have your first scan?
On Tuesday. He measured at 5.5 weeks, I did think I would be 6 but guess I gotta go by the scans! Having another next Tuesday to check for a heartbeat.

Welcome to the new girls! Hope you can stick with us!

#107 Ancla&Owl30

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

View PostItsok15, on 08 February 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

On Tuesday. He measured at 5.5 weeks, I did think I would be 6 but guess I gotta go by the scans! Having another next Tuesday to check for a heartbeat.

Welcome to the new girls! Hope you can stick with us!

Oh that's reassuring, as I'm 5w4d today so he wanted to wait til next Tuesday when I'll be 6w2d, so that's great to know. I'll be having my scan Tuesday too to check for heartbeat and make sure bub is where it's meant to me. Super anxious but trying not to be as it's not like I can control what the outcome is.

#108 stace_wa

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:43 PM

Hopefully all is well for you both on Tuesday Ancla&Owl and Itsok!

My first scan is Monday and I'm fairly anxious about it even though I know it won't change anything.

Welcome to the new ladies! Yay the group is getting bigger!

#109 stargaze

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:55 PM

Welcome everyone :)

#110 Teddy17

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:26 PM

Welcome to all of the new ladies, it’s nice to see that we’re starting to get a few more people in this group now.
I’m sorry for all of you who haven’t had the best news, thinking of you all.

Reading your posts, it sounds like most of you are having scans. Should I be asking for a dating scan and who referred you to get one done? My doctor never mentioned it (although she wasn’t all that helpful the day I saw her) and I called and booked to see the obstetrician and I was told he doesn’t see usually see women until 8-10 weeks, my appointment is in 3 weeks. I’m 6 weeks today. I’d love to hear a heartbeat and see everything was progressing well! 12 weeks seems such a long way away!

#111 stace_wa

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

Teddy, usually your gp will refer you for a dating scan. If you are pretty certain of dates though, they may not think it necessary as it is a dating scan after all. I am still with my fs until at least 7 weeks so doing my scan as part of my early pregnancy monitoring which also includes twice weekly blood tests. By 8-10 weeks you should be able to see a hb in your ob office on the scan there even if it's not add good quality as proper scans. I'll be seeing an ob this time rather than a local gp until 20 weeks which is standard for public here as I can't deal with not seeing my baby at appointments after several losses. I'm even changing obs from the one I had with DD who I loved but doesn't scan in office.

#112 Itsok15

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

View PostTeddy17, on 08 February 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

Welcome to all of the new ladies, it’s nice to see that we’re starting to get a few more people in this group now.
I’m sorry for all of you who haven’t had the best news, thinking of you all.

Reading your posts, it sounds like most of you are having scans. Should I be asking for a dating scan and who referred you to get one done? My doctor never mentioned it (although she wasn’t all that helpful the day I saw her) and I called and booked to see the obstetrician and I was told he doesn’t see usually see women until 8-10 weeks, my appointment is in 3 weeks. I’m 6 weeks today. I’d love to hear a heartbeat and see everything was progressing well! 12 weeks seems such a long way away!

Most of us are only having early scans due to last issues. It’s normal to have one anytime after 7 weeks just to confirm dates. So that sounds about right for you. I would have seen my ob at 7-8 weeks if I didn’t have a history of ectopic.

#113 Itsok15

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

Second time mums I need your advice! Did you have any alcohol during your last pregnancy? I know it’s such a heated debate but I’m seriously struggling with social occasions and I think people are picking up on it. I really don’t want to tell anyone this early on but if I say no to a drink people will 100% pick up on it. I’ve googled so much about one drink in early pregnancy and there’s mixed reviews.
I know everyone says zero alcohol but I’m wondering if even half a drink would do anything just to cover my ass! What does everyone think?

#114 Ancla&Owl30

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

My OB said to me if I wanted to have half a glass of wine, it's completely fine it's not going to kill any brain cells. I don't drink so I don't have this problem but I know with friends it's the first thing you notice!

#115 stace_wa

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

I had the odd drink when pregnant with my daughter. I had a wedding to go to at 10 weeks and nursed a champagne for 3 hours taking the occasional sip so people thought I was drinking more. No one suspected and I figured a single glass over that long barely hit my blood stream.

#116 whistlebone

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:00 AM

Hi ladies. I just got my BFP 2 days ago. I have PCOS and Crohns with an ileostomy - because of all tht I’ve needed clomid to conceive but apparently not this time! My cycles have been all over so started metformin again and was expecting a normal cycle and waiting for AF and hubby is fifo so didn’t try this month! 2 weeks ago we decided we’re we’re done trying for our #3 after 8 months and 3 early mc. Then I vomited after my coffee and thought hmmm that’s weird so of course I POAS and there was a positive!! WTH?! Lol. I had a dr appointment already booked to get the nuva ring in that day! Haha. Conception date is 24th Jan so EDD is 17th of Oct. funnily my 6yr DS is 7th oct and 2yr DD is 27th Oct!! Seems I can only conceive in Jan or feb hahaha

I look forward to getting to know you all and sending us all lots of sticky baby dust xx

#117 Itsok15

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:48 AM

Thanks so much girls that makes me feel better. I’ll have one glass and just nurse it 😂 hopefully everyone gets drunk quick and won’t notice me!  
Welcome whistlebone, what a lovely surprise for you!

#118 Ancla&Owl30

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

Welcome Whistlebone!

#119 stace_wa

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

Welcome to the new ladies!

I'm feeling so anxious about my scan on Monday. My hcg didn't even double in the last 3 days going from 7376 to 11845 from Monday to Thursday. The fs is still happy with them and said they are in range still with a rise as expected at this gestation, but still I can't help but feel super anxious about how low they still are. My progesterone has dropped again too and is down to 46 even with pessaries although my estrogen has risen beautifully.
I'm so scared to lose another baby :( that my scan will be nor great or they will tell me to come back in a few weeks to check again due to no hb, but there's no way I'm more than 5 days out from my dates as we haven't even had sex since 7/8 Jan! Seriously trying not to freak out since my fs is happy with them and trying not to compare to my pregnancy with my daughter where my levels were so much higher by this gestation...

#120 mill85

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

I know it’s easier said than done Stace_wa but try not to stress. My levels were absolute rubbish- in the early days they only went up from 1700-2100 in 48 hours, then we ended up seeing a heartbeat. If I was purely going on numbers I would have thought it was definitely ending in disaster. I don’t know what my Monday scan will bring either but fingers crossed we will both see beautiful little heartbeats. X

#121 stace_wa

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

Thanks Mill. I'm trying not to stress, it's do hard though! Logically I know that even though my numbers aren't great, they have been rising at an expected and acceptable rate and that my fs is happy with them and that I shouldn't compare to a previous pregnancy, especially when my hcg was almost off the chart high with DD. Logic is getting hammered by my over anxious brain though lol. Even after a hb I will still worry as our loss last September was after a perfect scan at 6+4 and a great hb.
I am inclined to worry au the best of times and 3 losses last year have made it even worse. Bring on a successful end to the first trimester to us all!

#122 Ocean waves

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:00 PM

Itsok25- don’t feel pressured. The first time around I used a range of excuses - I’m on antibiotics, I’m driving, I had a big one last night, I’ve got a headache, I’m trying to go a month alcohol free. Don’t feel pressured to drink.

First time around for me, the only people who had guessed were my male coworkers whose wives had been pregnant before. If you want to have a small drink then that’s your choice and that’s ok, but don’t do it out of pressure.

#123 Itsok15

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:18 PM

View PostOcean waves, on 09 February 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

Itsok25- don’t feel pressured. The first time around I used a range of excuses - I’m on antibiotics, I’m driving, I had a big one last night, I’ve got a headache, I’m trying to go a month alcohol free. Don’t feel pressured to drink.

First time around for me, the only people who had guessed were my male coworkers whose wives had been pregnant before. If you want to have a small drink then that’s your choice and that’s ok, but don’t do it out of pressure.

It’s not pressure to drink it’s not wanting people to know I’m pregnant! Haha People have already questioned my lack of drinking so it’s getting really hard and I’m only 6 weeks! So I just want to be able to have a small one so no one gets suspicious. I’ve always been one keen for a drink especially at girls nights out like this Saturday so people will be onto me if I have nothing lol I’m sure one drink wont do any harm. Realistically the placenta is only just forming so not much will get through I’m sure.
Crazy to think about those people who don’t realize there pregnant till months and months down the track or even when the baby is born! I’m sure they didn’t stop drinking or anything and their bubs were fine. I think it’s more about excessive drinking that’s a massive no no

#124 Ancla&Owl30

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:40 PM

ItsOK, that's so true, a former colleague had no idea she was pregnant and her & her hubby had just gotten into red wine....she was so worried as she'd polished off quite a few bottles before she found out she was pregnant and bub was totally fine!

StaceWA, I feel so much for you after your losses I can't even begin to imagine your anxiety. If it's any consolation my FS/OB said not to stress about the HCG, in fact he doesn't like to do blood tests and look at the numbers as it just causes more stress! The only reason why he looked at mine was he looked at the GP bloods then when I had the bled got me to have more bloods done so he had more information.
Your numbers are increasing so that's the main thing. Interestingly, I was exactly the same with my DD, my HCG levels were so high both the GP and OB thought it was a multiple birth. Would be very interesting if we're having boys this time if that's what's caused the difference. I had HG with DD and from all the research I've done girls cause higher HCG levels. I hope you can enjoy your weekend, I'll be looking on Monday with the hope you'll be sharing some great news with us.

#125 Nepheline

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:55 AM

Hello everyone!

Popping in to say hi and join in. I'm sorry to lose who have suffered losses and are going through stressful early pregnancies. First trimester is such a nerve wracking time.

I'm due 2nd October, had a dating scan this week - I was expecting to be 6weeks2 days but only measured 5weeks4 but a good strong heartbeat was picked up and everything looked great so trying not to stress. I had the early scan due to a previous ectopic pregnancy (which ruptured).

Look forward to getting to know everyone!

Good luck to those with upcoming scans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.