Due in October 2018 chat #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic

#76 Serendipity91

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

Sounding good Stace! Yay :)

oh sorry kbmummy must have missed you, glad to know I'm not the only first timer in the group! your numbers sounds good too!
Try and stay calm and positive, I am researching a lot but also realising the chances of it all being okay are actually a lot higher than it not being okay so trying to focus on that!
Also super excited, trying to not tell people is hard!! and time is already dragging.. thank god I get a scan at 7 weeks, I can't imagine being one of these people who don't have a dating scan and just go til 12 weeks before getting a scan!

#77 Teddy17

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

I’m a first time mum too!!

I made an appointment with the obstetrician today and it’s not for another 4 weeks as he sees people when they’re 8-10 weeks. It seems like ages away!!

Hope everything goes well for you Ancla&Owl.

#78 Itsok15

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

Welcome kbmummy! Such an exciting time for you!

Anika&owl bleeding in the first trimester is very normal. My friend had it not too long ago and nothing came of it. Fingers crossed all is good.

Scan went well! Managed to see everything without an internal which was good. All in the right place. Appro 5.5 weeks which is less then I thought but he is happy. Had more bloods today, will repeat on Friday to check levels are rising and then another app next Tuesday to check for a heartbeat!

Edited by Itsok15, 06 February 2018 - 05:32 PM.

#79 Ancla&Owl30

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:58 PM

Hi ladies, thank you.
Bloods came back not looking good, midwife wouldn't tell me too much just that the OB wants to see me tomorrow. I was in a bit of shock so not sure what came back really low but pretty sure she didn't say HCG. Appointment is in the afternoon, the day is going to drag :(

#80 stargaze

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:27 PM

Hi all, great to see the group growing. I've been quiet as been flat tack. All tracking well here so far, 7wk dating scan next Tuesday. Bloods went well and around 6 weeks today I think. Lots of symptoms and this afternoon feeling so unwell. Really worried a lot this time around though but guess that's normal.

#81 stargaze

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:29 PM

Sorry Ancla&O - hope you are ok, it is so hard waiting.

#82 stace_wa

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

Sorry to hear Ancla&Owl :( will be thinking of you tomorrow and I hope the day doesn't drag too much. Take care of yourself.

Edited by stace_wa, 06 February 2018 - 11:16 PM.

#83 Natx3

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:53 AM

Hi Hope you don't mind me Joining, I got my BFP Monday :-) I thought we had missed our window for Jan so I didn't really expect it.  It wasn't until this weekend when I kept crying over silly things, my husband looked at me crying and ask what was wrong. I said I don't know whats wrong with me and instantly had a flash back to being pregnant with my daughter and crying over every little thing lol.  After that I decided to take a test and to my shock and excitement it was positive.

I just saw the doc tonight and have bloods done in morning and a dating scan in 2wks.  the Doctor thinks I'm 5wks 5days but I think it be more likely to be 4wk 5days.  Guess i will find out at the scan.

Im nervous even though this is my third child (first with my husband) Im a older mum so my other two children are 16 and 14yrs old.  Its been a long time since I've done this, and reading about all the issues with older mums is a little nerve racking but I'm believe and praying for the best :-)  

Sorry for the long intro, as were not telling people yet its nice to be able to voice this stuff.

#84 Woofwoof

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:57 AM

joining this group :)
first ever bfp last night

next step is GP?

#85 Itsok15

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:01 AM

Welcome to the new girls and congratulations!

Woofwoof yep head to your gp and they will do bloods to confirm your hcg levels then you can organize to see a ob if your going that way.

Thinking you ancla&owl, what time is your app? Fingers crossed all is ok. xx

#86 stace_wa

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

Welcome and congratulations to the new ladies! It's good to see the group getting a bit bigger!

Woofwoof, yep next step is to see your gp and go from there.

Thinking of you today Ancla&Owl /hugs

#87 Natx3

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:04 PM

Ok this might seem like strange question,  my first two were so long ago and just went pubic with half gp half clinic.  Was wondering this time round going private and if I should get a OB but I really don't know much about what they do lol,  like do you only need one if complication or do you just chose to use one instead of Gp etc.  Very random sorry thoughts that flying about my head lol

#88 stargaze

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

I ended up with OB last time as I wanted continuity in care and at delivery. Plus wanted a private room in hospital and would be guaranteed that. You can choose which OB you want,  it just depends on their availability, so the earlier you choose the more likely you get the one you want. I'm going back to the same OB as my experience privately was excellent and figure being a lot older this time around it may all be more complex. It's a personal choice really and it costs a lot more privately so you've just got to choose what's right for you and your family!

#89 Natx3

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for that,  Im feeling the same way about wanting the consistent care.  Didn't have the greatest experience with the others.  hmm now how to figure out what OB lol.

#90 Itsok15

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

I was under an ob last time and will be with the same this time. I work in a private hospital so for me the decision was easy. I like the idea of regular checkups and I wanted to be in a private hospital. It also depends on your local public hospital if there good or not. Also if you are covered for pregnancy in your private health insurance and whether you want to spend the money on an ob as they are expensive.

#91 MrsP2014

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

hi ladies, I've had a big couple of bleeds yesterday and today, had repeat HCG levels and they fallen to 40. so miscarrriage expected to start after withdrawal from all meds. have an appointment in the morning with the FS to see whats next. all the best for the next 9 months. hopefully they are uneventful.

#92 Ocean waves

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:06 PM

Hi guys,

I’m bursting to tell everyone but only my husband actually knows so far!  I was only just due for my period but had these odd symptoms - getting really hot at night mostly. I had a urine test in the cupboard so thought why not and it was positive! I saw the gp a few hours later and the HCg test should be back tomorrow to confirm. The gp felt confident the urine test was reliable so fingers crossed!!

I’ve got an 8 and 5 yr old and have never used contraception since having the 5 yr old. A few stop start attempts at trying to conceive but I was always uncertain about a third. Then I think we had about 18 months where at the time of ovulation one person in the house would get sick, be away, be tired. At the start of January I had thought right, it’s the last year of trying because 40 is very close and the age gap too big.

I’m so thrilled at the thought of a baby. I remember my kids as babies and it’s just so special. I wish you all a very boring 9 months filled with the anticipation of a precious baby to join your families.

That’s so soppy, I must be pregnant!

#93 Ocean waves

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:07 PM

Mrs P2014, wow my timing sucked - I’m really sorry to hear about your dropping levels. I wish you the very best.

#94 stace_wa

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:14 PM

So sorry to hear MrsP :( thinking of you at this tough time. Take care of yourself lovely

#95 Ancla&Owl30

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

I'm so sorry to hear MrsP. Sending you lots of love.

Thank you for all the support ladies, got my results and my progesterone is low and my HCG is doubling every 72 instead of 48 hours. Based on my history he's concerned it could be ectopic, so he's sending me off for a scan at a specific scanning place on Tuesday when I'll be 6w2d. He's put me on progesterone pessories for in the meantime to help increase my progesterone.

#96 Natx3

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:30 PM

Im really sorry to hear that MrsP

#97 stace_wa

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:30 PM

Mixed news there then Ancla&Owl. Hopefully everything looks fine on Tuesday and your hcg continues to rise. Even up to 72 hours, particularly at this stage isn't terrible, not great, but not terrible. Hopefully the progesterone pessaries do the trick. Good luck and thinking of you.

#98 Ocean waves

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:13 PM

Great point by Stace. Fingers crossed xxx

#99 stargaze

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:06 PM

Sorry to hear MrsP, wishing you all our best. Hope it all goes well Ancl&

Great news Ocean waves, sounds like the stars aligned!

#100 Serendipity91

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:42 PM

oh no!! sorry to hear the sad news ladies :(

big hugs!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.