What’s making you happy today?

• Please log in to reply
1042 replies to this topic

#1 Riotproof

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:27 PM

1. Laksa. Exactly what I wanted and it was so good. I think I would have preferred it a bit spicier, but it really warmed my heart.
2. Ds with his new Lego set. He’s been up since 5.30ish doing it.
3. The cooler weather and slight rain has given me the chance to plant out some seedlings and dig out some compost.
4. Tea. Always tea.

How about you?

#2 Agnetha

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:35 PM

Listening to music.
I did some drawing. I started an art course this week ( 2 hours a week ) and loving it.
Listening to dd play in her room.

#3 Cranky Old Woman

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:36 PM

Beautiful weather if a bit dry - not much rain here.

Satisfaction from the ruthless decluttering of my wardrobe.

Listening to the local magpie family talking to each other in "their" tree out the front.

#4 Tinkle Splashes

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

Looking forward to seeing Lior, Kasey Chambers and the Waifs tonight at an outdoor concert.  Should be very relaxing and enjoyable :)

#5 green mango

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

The thought of 2 hours to myself when my husband takes the kids to their piano lessons this afternoon.

#6 YumChaTheSecond

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

I got up at a decent hour and have been very productive.

My first pork roast is marinating in the fridge.

And I had the most delicious breakfast at the cafe this morning.

#7 **Xena**

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

I'm going to an alcohol and food festival with some of my best friends child free :D

Edited by **Xena**, 03 February 2018 - 01:03 PM.

#8 Ozquoll

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

Um....LED strip lighting is making me happy today 🤗🤔😃

Installed it above the kitchen bench last night - what a difference. Can see what I’m chopping, and don’t have to ever again turn on the horrible buzzy fluorescent tube light on the ceiling.

#9 Nerdette

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

1.Did my first exercise class in months baby-free last night, I'm sore but it's a good sore.
2. Baby went down for a surprise nap, it's been two hours and he is still asleep. Win!
3. Had a delicious breakfast with friends and I'm still full
4. I think I might bake a cake
Good day :)

EFS

Edited by Nerdette, 03 February 2018 - 01:06 PM.

#10 Hands Up

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

1) Next week I have a first interview for one job, and a second interview for another - both would be amazing for my career. Fingers crossed
2) DS1 and 2 are in good moods today
3) I'm out with my mothers group tonight and we have a lot of fun together
4) The house is clean as the cleaners were here on Thursday

#11 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

We had rain overnight.

Waking up in the middle of the night to hear rain on the roof in the outback is a treat.  Our river ran too. Bliss.

The simple things huh.

#12 Ianthe

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:36 PM

Today is a good day.

Slept in.
Got up and did some chores so was productive.
My daughter made a gluten free carrot cake so we could have afternoon tea and we sat outside and had it.
My 9yo is really happy with his teacher for school.
He also has a friend over and they are playing in the pool right now and he's having a great time.
I have nearly finished prepping for my card class next Tuesday-the making and prep was much quicker than I had planned.

#13 IamtheMumma

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:36 PM

Rain here to PP. I think that might be the 3rd time its rained in 6 months.

#14 BadCat

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:39 PM

Actually managed a bit of a sleep in today.

Quiet because the kid's are with the ex.

Music.  Always music.

#15 seayork2002

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

DS has finally decided to do craft this afternoon

#16 paddington_

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

I'm eating strawberry Yogurberry at the shops.

#17 bakesgirls

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:53 PM

My new aircon was installed today. Yay! I was so over the heat and humidity.

DD2 and DD3 collected $16.40 between them from ‘return and earn’ and they’re beside themselves with joy and plotting what junk to spend their money on.

#18 notsoretro

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

Slept in. Did some washing and loaded the dishwasher so house is less tip-like. Toasted the last 2 HCBs for brunch. Had a shower and did a hair treatment. Remembered I had a pack of pore strips, intrigued and slightly grossed out by the result. My boy who is working away is back for the weekend, the reunion between him and his dog was priceless. The cooler weather is fabulous and every so often we get sudden intense rain for a couple of minutes

#19 HippyDippyBaloney

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

1. I survived the week - first court date for custody with my ex, first day of kindy for my middle child and my first day of my new job; all went very well!

2. Finding a new friend in my son's besties mum. Our 3 kids are all the same age and she is just around the corner. We had a lovely wine last night while the kids all played.

3. My oldest has a wonderful teacher and class this year.

#20 *TikkaB* Tinseltop

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

View PostOzquoll, on 03 February 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Um....LED strip lighting is making me happy today

Installed it above the kitchen bench last night - what a difference. Can see what I’m chopping, and don’t have to ever again turn on the horrible buzzy fluorescent tube light on the ceiling.

Ozquoll, The buzzy florescent tube light (I rent) was replaced in December with LED. I can't tell you how much tension it's removed from being in the kitchen. I swear some days I would use the fridge light just to avoid that buzz. And ours has pull cords from the ceiling, for the light and the exhaust. Classy.

#21 born.a.girl

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:15 PM

View Post**Xena**, on 03 February 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

I'm going to an alcohol and food festival with some of my best friends child free Posted Image

My first fleeting scan of your comment got to my brain as 'alcohol free ...'.  How wrong I was. :)  Have a great time. :)

#22 No Drama Please

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:15 PM

We have heaps of cheese, the “fancy” crackers, two bottles of wine, and I found my old box set of Sex and the City when cleaning up earlier so that’s my Saturday night planned; winning!

#23 born.a.girl

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:17 PM

I found a palatable way to use the kale which came in our veggie box during the week.

#24 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

Cooler weather.

School being back - I think we all respond better to routine.

#25 raspberry sherbert

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

A sleep in this morning.
Cooler weather
Walk with DH before grocery shopping
A heap of flower seeds I bought today
Caramilk choc bought when grocery shopping
Last episode of orange is the new black tonight with DH and block of caramilk

Edited by raspberry sherbert, 03 February 2018 - 02:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.