• Please log in to reply
2885 replies to this topic

#101 Riotproof

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

Gogglebox is back tonight.

#102 notsoretro

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

View PostRiotproof, on 08 February 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

They got rid of the annoying woman on Good Chef Bad Chef.
Who was that RP? I miss watching the cooking shows, was it Zoe?

#103 notsoretro

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

Tomorrow is my 3 year work anniversary. I am very fortunate that I have lovely, supportive workmates in a close knit team. This job has given me increased confidence, the strength to stand up to my bullying ex during a property settlement and the ability to obtain a mortgage and keep my house so the boys and i didn't have to move. I'm making brownies to take tomorrow because I love them all

#104 Chelli

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

I had to take a long detour to work this morning because sadly there was a fatality on the highway and traffic was diverted. It made me proud to see everyone driving sensibly and patiently, allowing people to join the very long queue from other roads and just being overall respectful.

#105 Riotproof

Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:37 PM

View Postnotsoretro, on 08 February 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

Who was that RP? I miss watching the cooking shows, was it Zoe?

Yes. I’m not sure if it’s just her or the way the show is setup. She was just soooooooo tsk tsk disapproving of every dish Adrian made.

I like Rosie so far. She seems a bit more moderate and is focused on taste as well as nutrition.  She uses not too obscure ingredients. I thought her being vegetarian would be a big issue but he either makes his dish easily separate from the meat or he makes her a vegetarian option. You should check it out on Tenplay.

I watch it while folding and sorting washing.

#106 notsoretro

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:31 PM

I agree, she is quite the school marm. I didn't mind Janella (shows how long it's been since I was able to watch regularly) though I was very sus of her when she first popped up on The Biggest Loser. She pronounced Quinoa (Keen-wa) as Quin-oha and I even I knew that was wrong

#107 Hands Up

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:52 PM

Found out today I’ve got through to the next round of interviews for both jobs I’m interviewing for. I’m absolutely stoked.

Tomorrow I’m taking DS1 and DS2 to a volunteer activity I’ve wanted to support for ages, but was nervous about how they would behave. I think they are old enough now, and it’s a cause I’m passionate about, so I’m hoping it goes well!

#108 NannyPlumPudding

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:20 PM

DS2 laid down with a pillow and blanket and the dog went over and laid next to him then put his head on DS2 torso and fell asleep. Ds2 isn't far off sleep either!

I took a million photos.

#109 Renovators delight

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:36 PM

That the hospital has a playroom. And that the aircon in here is working well.

And tea. Hot, sweet, comforting tea.

And a sleeping toddler!

Edited by suburban dystopia, 08 February 2018 - 11:53 PM.

#110 lizzzard

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:03 AM

DH is back from his work trip
DD really enjoyed her first flute lesson
I'm really enjoying the rapport with two of my colleagues at the moment - it's lovely to work with them, and feel like they are genuine friends as well.

#111 Babetty

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

DS had to come to work with me today because he was sick. So three things I'm happy about: I can take kids to work if necessary, there was another sick kid there for some of the morning and they enjoyed each other's company and he was pretty well behaved!

#112 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:11 PM

The big kid actually told me about something he learned at school. This is huge for us. He has almost never told me about what they are doing, never mind something specific like learning spelling words oi vs oy.

#113 Paddlepop

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

DH spotted and caught a budgie in the garden and we were able to reunite it with its owner straight away. As soon as the budgie heard its owner's voice it started singing and twittering happily, and once he put it into its cage it was greeted and preened by its budgie friends.

#114 cardamom

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

The way my niece looks at me when I walk into the room <3

#115 HippyDippyBaloney

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

1) it's the weekend

2) I've had the time to go for 3 runs this week already and will be going again in the morning 🙌

3) friend is coming over with some wine tonight.

#116 BadCat

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

I've been lazing around in bed for much of the day because there is nobody else here and because I felt like it.  Besides, from the bed I can't see the dishes in the sink.  And if I can't see them then they aren't there.  :)

#117 NannyPlumPudding

Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

I babysat the little gremlin who hid my remote.  Nothing hidden this time but lots of cheeky happy toddler grins and Vegemite kisses.

eta I just talked to this gremlins mum... HE STOLE THEIR REMOTES AND HID THEM IN POT PLANTS.

God I love him lol

Edited by NannyPlum, 11 February 2018 - 01:14 AM.

#118 jdl

Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

DD's first week at eyewateringly expensive private school has finished with her with nits (found today by hairdresser :omg: ).  But combing them out with epic tons of conditioner has done absolute wonders for her curly hair that the whole household is now celebrating.

ETA this is year 10. I haven't performed this ritual since 2014.

Edited by jdl, 10 February 2018 - 05:11 PM.

#119 notsoretro

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:54 PM

DS21 came home from his walk as I had a David Cassidy podcast playing on the computer which segued into a whole heap of The Carpenters on YouTube. He hasn't said a word about turning it off so he can watch TV or put in his headphones. He did go into the shower when Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft came on but that's totally understandable, I don't like that one either. So I changed it for California Dreaming as that was suggested in the sidebar, now it's Neil Diamond and he's still listening

#120 GlitteryElfFarts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:15 PM

View Postnotsoretro, on 12 February 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

DS21 came home from his walk as I had a David Cassidy podcast playing on the computer which segued into a whole heap of The Carpenters on YouTube. He hasn't said a word about turning it off so he can watch TV or put in his headphones. He did go into the shower when Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft came on but that's totally understandable, I don't like that one either. So I changed it for California Dreaming as that was suggested in the sidebar, now it's Neil Diamond and he's still listening
DD18 would love him.
How does he feel about Dire Straits and The Fratellis though?

#121 Hands Up

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:20 PM

Just booked our accommodation for our holiday. Found the most AMAZING house on stayz, and within our budget too! Woo hoo!

#122 seayork2002

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

We were at a camp on the weekend and my son did heaps of things we were proud of but MY FAVOURITE was when I saw him reading outside his tent

(we did not have coverage when i wanted to post that then forgot so a few days late)

#123 Riotproof

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:26 PM

My travel mug that keeps tea hot for hours. Even when I forgot to take it, it's still hot when I got home.

And tomatoes. And butter sandwiches. That's what dd is having for lunch and she's pretty pleased with her selection.

#124 NannyPlumPudding

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:30 PM

Having a lazy cafe brunch by myself.  I have an e-book and no where to be urgently.  

I'm going to have a new nephew by the end of the day!!

#125 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

Big kid is doing well at the hideously expensive speech therapy program he's just started. (Think $2k/term). He even went and read some of a book in the car on the way home! It's early days yet but we are hopeful.

Edited by mayahlb, 13 February 2018 - 12:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.