What’s making you happy today?

• Please log in to reply
2430 replies to this topic

#2176 Sancti-claws

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:26 AM

I got up in time to catch the very early train!

#2177 BadCat

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:38 AM

My son is out of bed.

A small thing, but hey, it's early.

#2178 blackcat20

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:07 AM

Baby slept for eight hours.

#2179 notsoretro

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:03 PM

It's pay day

#2180 cardamom

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:08 PM

View Postnotsoretro, on 07 May 2019 - 09:03 PM, said:

It's pay day

Ditto!

#2181 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:06 PM

Researching utilities and their costs, have now changed gas companies, saving $52 a month!!!

#2182 cardamom

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:09 PM

Pics of my niece getting ready for her first day of ballet. Adorable!

#2183 mayahlb

Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:45 PM

View Postcardamom, on 06 May 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

Ooh, when's your birthday maya? Mine's also shortly after Mother's Day - Mum went into labour with me on Mother's Day :)

It’s the 17th. My niece is the 7th, I’m the 17th and then my dad is the 27th :lol: almost my best friend has her birthday on the 13th, my uncle on the 1st and my cousin on the 18th. May is a busy month around here.

I’m happy because my big kid has improved spelling wise in the last term. The teachers commented on the improving in writing and spelling. (He is dyslexic and had a language delay and a other things so this is big). All because he’s slowed down and is taking his time and asking questions if he doesn’t understand something.

#2184 cardamom

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:41 PM

View Postmayahlb, on 08 May 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

May is a busy month around here.

It's a busy one in our family too (what were people celebrating 9 months before May, I wonder?!) Quite a few cousins, as well as a childhood pal and my work BFF.

It's a big one for milestones this year - I'm 30 on the 15th and my Nan is 90 a week later :)

#2185 mayahlb

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:22 PM

I’m happy as a book I wanted to read is on special. And a big special too, not just the maybe $4-5 drop 6-12 months after release. From $20 (which is expensive for a “new” author for an ebook) to $2.99.

{Book is Polaris Rising in case you are wondering}

#2186 Sancti-claws

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:54 AM

My big girl arrived home safely for the weekend - you don't realise what joy it is to have the whole family together until they aren't.

And I have put my order in for Poh's pancakes for Mother's Day breakfast.

https://www.sbs.com....ed-orange-syrup

(there is no requirement for the syrup faff - just the pancakes will suffice)

#2187 WTFJerk

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:10 AM

I’m going to blood bank today to donate plasma.  My second time.  I’m from a blood bank family and before the last one I hadn't  been in 6 years.  My youngest is 10 so I can’t put it on pregnancy.

#2188 Kreme

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:25 AM

After putting it off for years, yesterday I had a colonoscopy. I’ve had them before but developed a bit of a phobia about the preparation. I finally booked it, DD got sick and I had to postpone.

And yesterday I finally did it! And it was all clear which is a huge relief too.

Rewarding myself with a day on the couch watching Netflix.

#2189 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 10 May 2019 - 02:20 PM

View PostKreme, on 10 May 2019 - 07:25 AM, said:

After putting it off for years, yesterday I had a colonoscopy. I’ve had them before but developed a bit of a phobia about the preparation. I finally booked it, DD got sick and I had to postpone.

And yesterday I finally did it! And it was all clear which is a huge relief too.

Rewarding myself with a day on the couch watching Netflix.

Well done!

#2190 mayahlb

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:24 PM

I’m happy as the chai spice mix I made to add to the tea leave in my tea pot turned out perfect and is super tasty.

#2191 Riotproof

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:47 PM

I had a really wonderful experience at Coles the other day. Checkout Person was friendly, efficient and packed my bags beautifully. I’d never seen her before, so I asked if she was new but it just wasn’t a regular day for her. So, I sent through a form commending her and they’ve replied saying they will address through store manager and regional manager. I hope she gets a little something extra out of it because she was just so nice and good at her job.

I try so hard to remember to praise good service instead of just complaining all the time. Actually I sent it in the car park because I didn’t want to forget her name.

#2192 Sancti-claws

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:58 PM

Having all of my family together, even if it is just for the weekend.

DD1's boyfriend also spent the afternoon with us and we all had curries together for dinner and then played a board game.

#2193 cardamom

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:37 PM

Early birthday present - a lovely ring I picked out awhile ago - joint present from DP/parents - arrived in the post today. I ordered it online so hadn't seen it in the flesh and was opening the ring box with mild trepidation but I love, love, love it!

View PostRiotproof, on 11 May 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

I try so hard to remember to praise good service instead of just complaining all the time. Actually I sent it in the car park because I didn’t want to forget her name.

Me too - we're quick to complain when things don't go well but often forget to praise when they do.

I had a great experience at the Alfred awhile ago when I was ill with gallstones and on my way out approached the service desk to pass that on. When I said I wanted to give some feedback the staff member gave a wary "yes, of course" and then looked so supremely delighted when I said that it was positive feedback, not negative!

#2194 Black Velvet

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:45 PM

My DH just surprised me with a new (well second hand but very few kms) car for Mother's Day.

#2195 NannyPlum

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:23 PM

I just washedy dirty floors, have a diffuser and candle going with lovely smells of lemon, mint and eucalyptus.

I should've folding washing but I'm laying in my room instead lol

#2196 Riotproof

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:41 PM

View PostFresh Start, on 13 May 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Dad bought an extra Easter egg (cherry ripe). He doesn’t like it and neither does anyone else so I got it. Woohoo.

Dd and I are sharing the Lindt ones right now.

#2197 NannyPlum

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:48 PM

Okay, DD just needed resettling and is alseep on the bed next to me. Obviously I can't move now, so definitely can't wash my hair or do the washing!

#2198 WTFJerk

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:59 AM

Kadoodle has a miscreant wombat and stepped in wombat poo.  That's enough to make any EBer's day happy.

(off to find a dictionary to look up  the word miscreant)

ETA, it means depraved, wretched

Edited by WTFJerk, 15 May 2019 - 10:01 AM.

#2199 ~J_WTF~

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:01 PM

I GOT A JOB....

Well my temp casual job has turned into a permanent part time job.

Its in the industry I really want to work in.

I have been a SAHM for 10+ years, I so excited and kinda proud of myself!!

I want to scream it from the roof!!!!

Edited by ~J_WTF~, 15 May 2019 - 04:02 PM.

#2200 YumChaTheSecond

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:30 PM

Well done J_WTF!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.