What’s making you happy today?

• Please log in to reply
2280 replies to this topic

#2176 NannyPlum

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

The boys are are playing blocks and trains with DD. She is loving having them home and I'm.loving being able to drink a coffee!

She even sits with them and eats her lunch like a big girl 😭

#2177 Tomahawk

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

My eldest went to the movies with his girlfriend and then lunch after. He's 11 and it's his first date. Pretty cute.

#2178 SplashingRainbows

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:50 PM

My kids are off to my parents for two nights.

#2179 Sentient Puddle

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:24 PM

I just got notification of when my kids are training for their respective sports for the Winter season.  This changes every term and the emails have suggested that they  have very little overlap with their sports and I can mostly make drop offs with DP doing pick ups.  This sounds trivial and very first world stuff but it makes my life much easier!!!

#2180 kirstenfleur

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

I'm part of a Buy Nothing group for my suburb, and a lady with 2 yo twin boys posted asking if anyone had wooden trains.
I've never gotten to the keyboard so fast, because OH YES I DID, and my DS doesn't look at them anymore and was quite happy for them to go.

So she came by, and I gave her the train engines, the carriages, the roundhouse, a Sodor Dynamite piece, two tin suitcase container things to keep them in, a Thomas backpack and three Thomas playmats, and she pushed the twin pram off into the distance with both boys clutching a playmat each, saying "Toot toot!" to each other.

Win win!

#2181 mayahlb

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:48 PM

I’ve discovered you can block channels in the foxtel under parental guidance. Ha take that PIL. No more sneakily letting kids stay plastered to the damned tv while I’m out when I said they were not to watch anymore today.

#2182 Cimbom

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:55 PM

I got A reserve seats to Khalid's second show in Sydney. It's weird they sell tickets 8 months in advance though - hope I don't forget!

#2183 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:58 PM

I'm flying to Spain this evening.

#2184 Riotproof

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:01 PM

Feral Grey Mare, on 17 April 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

I'm flying to Spain this evening.

Lucky duck.

I’ve been able to say I was right to ds about his writing workshop.

#2185 Fresh Start

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

Last night I went to the doctor feeling REALLY bad. He was concerned about me being home alone and said I needed to have someone stay with me.

I don’t live near any of my family and called my sister to see if she could come (a bit over an hour drive) as she normally works from home Wednesday’s anyway) but she had to go to Sydney today. I felt so alone and cried, my other sister would be too drunk to drive and dad has shingles.

So I called the friend from work who let the kids and I stay when XH took my keys. She said come straight here then she put me to bed and checked on me through the night. Then this morning she thanked me for calling her. I felt so much less alone.

#2186 MooGuru

Posted 17 April 2019 - 11:50 PM

One of my friends has had no luck in the love stakes and she's just started talking to someone and they seem genuinely nice and are getting on well.
We were maybe 19 the last time I was able to be genuinely happy for her having met someone instead of pulling a face when she described their behaviour.
I really hope it works out. It would be awesome for her to meet someone who makes her feel good even if it is only a fling or even friendship. So she realises other people can see she's a great person.

Now I've written that I'm worried he's probably a charming serial killer like the guy in You.

#2187 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:31 PM

I had a good day.
Podiatrist was excellent and gave good advice and I’m optimistic about my foot now
I bought 3 work tops and 2 singlets! And some leggings. That’s a huge thing for me, I hate shopping. Seems the fashion for winter is high waisted pants and vintage blouses, which suits my shape. Now I have a new top for Easter gatherings.
Got everything I wanted from the supermarket and the crowds weren’t too crazy
Got a hair cut and it looks good

Something has to go wrong now...

#2188 Sancti-claws

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:01 PM

I don't have to go to work tomorrow!!!!  Or the day after, or the day after, or the day after, or even the day AFTER (because I took an extra day)...

#2189 Chelli

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:14 PM

Camping! Good wine, good friends, beautiful moon over the ocean and some together time.

#2190 notsoretro

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:25 PM

Sancti-claws, on 18 April 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

I don't have to go to work tomorrow!!!!  Or the day after, or the day after, or the day after, or even the day AFTER (because I took an extra day)...
Me too!

#2191 27plus

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:33 PM

I am off to spend time with my daughter.

The only child of mine that gave me so much grief as a teenager until 25.

She is 29 now, I still worry about her, but her dad and I have visited her  (or she comes home for milestone celebrations) every year.

This year it is just me and her. I am going to enjoy it.

#2192 NannyPlum

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:05 PM

I'm snuggled in bed listening to the rain. The big boys are having a movie night, DP is out fishing (I hope he is coming home now it's stormy..)

#2193 EmmaFY

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:27 PM

Today is the start of DH's holidays. He's off until the 29th, which I'm really looking forward to.

#2194 tayto...

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:53 PM

Just cracked a small red tulip Easter egg over a bowl of blue ribbon vanilla ice cream. It was top notch.

#2195 WTFJerk

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:19 PM

We just had a great day at a funpark.  DH came (usually it’s ne with the kids), It Was quiet, no lines but perfect weather - hot enough for the waterslides but not so hot your feet were burning.

DS finally came down some slides with me too.

#2196 notsoretro

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:56 PM

I went to ALDI for bread and milk tonight and got the last loaf. They still had the special buy containers I wanted from last week and I got some extra Easter goodies, including the last chocolate Kombi van. I also found $5 on the floor and the 2 cashiers I spoke to about it said I should keep it. There was no one at the carpark return and earn so I redeemed $14.90 before heading home. Our engaged couple are up and stayed for dinner (thank you ALDI for chicken pesto pasta and strawberry cheesecake), so I got to give them their bunnies. The ALDI brand chicken crimpy I got my tall boy are surprisingly nice.

#2197 AprilEthereal

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:59 PM

I enjoyed a relaxing day. My sister had her first baby less than two weeks ago and I am meeting my new niece tomorrow. I went shopping today and had so much fun buying baby clothes. I came home and went on a beautiful walk with DH and the boys.  We enjoyed a lovely dinner. It's been so nice.
We put together all the family Easter eggs,
I've got some home made raspberry and white chocolate muffins in the oven.

Edited by AprilEthereal, 20 April 2019 - 11:01 PM.

#2198 mayahlb

Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:49 PM

My kiddos have been super affectionate lately. Love a kid comeibg up and giving a big random snuggle.

Also I’ve dropped a kg in the last week. Don’t ask me where it has gone or how because I certainly haven’t been eating any different or exercising more. I’d love for it to continue. And the other 6 I need to lose go down the same route.

#2199 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:11 PM

Oops wrong thread

Edited by ~LemonMyrtle~, 21 April 2019 - 08:12 PM.

#2200 Sancti-claws

Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:41 PM

View Postmayahlb, on 21 April 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

My kiddos have been super affectionate lately. Love a kid comeibg up and giving a big random snuggle.

Also I’ve dropped a kg in the last week. Don’t ask me where it has gone or how because I certainly haven’t been eating any different or exercising more. I’d love for it to continue. And the other 6 I need to lose go down the same route.
All that crazy jumping on and off the scales?  Or perhaps the upside of rage at the in-laws staying - which begets the eventual conundrum - do you invite them back just for weightloss purposes?

Windex and prayers would nearly be on par with disinfectant, especially if it does turn out to be Easter egg over-indulgence...

Edited by Sancti-claws, 21 April 2019 - 08:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.