What’s making you happy today?

• Please log in to reply
2416 replies to this topic

#2376 Catzilla

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:31 PM

Savoury scrolls baking in the oven for morning tea after church tomorrow.  Smells so good in here.  Made an orange cake, and some really yummy vegan chocolate brownies earlier.  Thought I should do some practice for my entries in the competitive cookery section at the Royal Adelaide Show this year.

#2377 Daffy2016

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:45 PM

Ozquoll, on 07 August 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

Bless him, my 6yo DS with ASD has started talking about when/if he has a baby when he grows up. Today he watched intently while I made him a peanut butter sandwich, and asked to learn how to make it so he could one day make them for his baby to eat !

I am very charmed by this, and also wondering if I can use it to inspire him to learn a few more self-care skills, since he’ll need them to look after his future baby. Hmmm...

What a gorgeous boy!

#2378 BadCat

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:54 PM

impeachment proceedings

#2379 lizzzard

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:14 PM

That DS11 asked me to buy the toy below this and has been hanging out with it all day. I love that he’s not growing up too quickly!

https://www.jellycat...u/lovely-llama/

#2380 WTFJerk

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:20 PM

I got my new drivers licence.  After googling how to hide my double chin and applying more makeup than I ever have in all my life the photo is quite decent.  Thankyou random youtuber

#2381 spr_maiden

Posted 11 August 2019 - 01:29 PM

Memories of a cracker date day yesterday. And now we're all just having a lazy day at home together.

#2382 JustCurious100

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:11 PM

My dog and I are curled up on the couch (usually a BIG no no for him), I'm watching Nigella Feasts and hes snoring his head off.

#2383 maryanneK

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:53 PM

View PostWTFJerk, on 10 August 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

I got my new drivers licence.  After googling how to hide my double chin and applying more makeup than I ever have in all my life the photo is quite decent.  Thankyou random youtuber

interesting, want to share the link?

#2384 Chelli

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:14 PM

I arrived home this afternoon from a weekend away and was enthusiastically greeted by my dogs, cat and chooks all at once. It's been a rough day so my fur babies definitely made me smile.

#2385 notsoretro

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:27 PM

I got 17 triple choc muffins out of the mix and they are delicious

#2386 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:05 PM

Arrived at our holiday, 7 hour flight. We got upgraded to premium economy, and were seated upstairs! It was so spacious and soooo quiet and the boys behaved so wonderfully.

#2387 Elsegundo

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:42 AM

Kids were up early and cooperated with getting dressed in plenty of time for school/kinder. So as a reward I let them clean a toilet each (they love spraying the spray).

#2388 WTFJerk

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:54 AM

View PostmaryanneK, on 11 August 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

interesting, want to share the link?

https://www.youtube....h?v=Tc2nAh_gROc  from about 6 minutes

also looked at this
https://www.youtube....h?v=MB9n1jkNAUs

1.20, the tongue trick

#2389 Murderino

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:35 AM

Last week as we headed for school drop off the kids and I found the beautiful Husky from around the corner out loose.

We’ve met her before so I was confident she was friendly and we had time so we called her into the car (she was so excited to hear her name she dived right in) and drove her home. The gate was wide open and I couldn’t latch/lock it so blocked it with a bin and left a note so they’d know to check the gate.

Today they dropped in some chocolates to say thanks. It was absolutely not necessary, a thanks next time we’re walking past would’ve been more than fine but it was so nice of them.

#2390 Catzilla

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:37 PM

Finding the article written about me in this year’s Royal Adelaide Show magazine.

#2391 NannyPlum

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:27 PM

Baked crumbed camembert bites and DO cooking a yummy dinner

#2392 ~Nic~

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:43 PM

Had my last round of chemo today 😁... Now I get a three week break until daily radiation therapy starts and then life gets back to normal 😁😁😁

#2393 Riotproof

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:39 AM

Went to the Service NSW today.

Their ticket menu is so complicated, they have a person there to press it for you. Winning.

Only had to wait 20 minutes to be seen, and then everything was easy. Now to hope it doesn’t take the 4 weeks they say it will so I can go on dd’s Excursion.

#2394 seayork2002

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:49 AM

View PostRiotproof, on 16 August 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

Went to the Service NSW today.

Their ticket menu is so complicated, they have a person there to press it for you. Winning.

Only had to wait 20 minutes to be seen, and then everything was easy. Now to hope it doesn’t take the 4 weeks they say it will so I can go on dd’s Excursion.

Not sure if it helps but I find Service NSW quiet on Thursday nights, I still pull off dazed and confused and run into furniture but there is less people to see me do it then

#2395 Riotproof

Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:54 AM

Lol seayork. You are a card.

And my clearance came through in one hour. So that is exciting. Dd’s Teacher will be very pleased.

#2396 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:35 AM

DD hurt herself last night, and DS ran up to her and gave her a cuddle. It was so cute, and I thought very perceptive of DS. This morning they played together really nicely, it was so nice to have no fighting!

#2397 mayahlb

Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:36 AM

I got approval for an extension on my assessment I’ve been freaking out about. It’s only 4 days but that makes a huge difference for me.

#2398 NannyPlum

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:52 PM

I messaged DP saying DD was being difficult, there was nothing for lunch and the house was a bombsite.

He messaged back that he is home form work early and will pick me up some lunch.

He can deal with DD while I finish DS room!

#2399 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

There is a Marks and Spencer here in Singapore. I was dubious, but went in. And it’s awesome, everything fitted well, and I got work pants. Not just any work pants though, work pants that I won’t have to take up!!! The “short length” is actually short! And they have pockets!!! And they’re comfy!! And were about $60

Cant believe I had to fly all the way to Singapore to get decent work pants. Tempted to buy 5 more, but now I know my size I can get more on line I guess.

Edited by ~LemonMyrtle~, 16 August 2019 - 05:00 PM.

#2400 NannyPlum

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:03 PM

DS1 asked DP to go to a footy game with him. Normally that's something he does with his Dad but this week the boys are at our house, so he asked his Dad if he could use the tickets to take DP instead.

DP doesn't even follow AFL but went and bought a jumper (best and less knock off 😂) for DS1s team and has learnt all the players this season so they can talk about it.

In turn, DS1 has learnt about DPs NRL team.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.