What’s making you happy today?

• Please log in to reply
2796 replies to this topic

#76 spr_maiden

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:45 PM

1) DH came along to school drop off, because he didn't want to miss out. NO special day, just wanted to be together for a normal routine event.

2) Ds wanting to fall asleep in bed with me - then put on a song from Mum's funeral and started to talk about her (Mum died unexpectedly almost 10 months ago - we were very close).  DS was able to talk about her completely unprompted and without clamming up.  He has really struggled to do this,  So, I'm crying bittersweet tears now.

3) at dinner, we do favourite part of your day, worst/most boring/saddest part of your day - DD our little preppie said her fave part of the day was seeing her big brother at school and getting to say hello to him.  It was a cute coincidence that allowed this, so it's adorable it made her so happy.

#77 PrincessPeach

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:09 PM

1 - found out Tim Minchin is doing a concert nearby to me!

2 - received a copy of the paediatricians report RE: the little mr's weekend hospital trip - without having to ask for it!

3 - watching the little mr run up to the big mr at kindy pick-up. He really misses his big brother.

#78 Riotproof

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:46 PM

Awww, so much loveliness.

I'm happy for my steam mop. Daggy as that is.

#79 Treasure Island

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

It's February in Qld and not hot! There is a nice breeze coming through the house instead, winning.

#80 jojonbeanie

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

My foster daughter made a new friend at TAFE and is going to the local shopping centre with her after classes. Just like a regular teenager.

#81 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:58 PM

I made a beetroot/craisin loaf for morning tea at work. It got lots of compliments and tasted yummy! Nothing like beetroot at all which I loath.

#82 seayork2002

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

Well I should probably wait till I do it but DS and I are ordering a cheese making kit next week as our baking attempts leave a lot to be desired

#83 seayork2002

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

Oh and I am finally happy with a digital radio station I have on at work as Elf FM has finished

#84 IamtheMumma

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:15 PM

1) DS didn't have a tantrum this morning. We made it to childcare with neither of us in tears.

2) Painkillers. So very grateful for them. I was able to mostly function today.

#85 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

I lost 2kg.

Dh came home with salt caramel chocolate fondant puddings.

(Yes I’m aware of the contradiction)

#86 Deb999

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

At hospital for routine check up, but BP was high. So I was given a scan and in it I saw baby sucking both of his thumbs at the same time. I laughed, I didn't know babies could do that in the womb.

#87 AxeTheMax

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

3 days to my party!!! Been planning it for awhile can't believe it's nearly here!

#88 *TikkaB* Tinseltop

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:18 AM

My DD (near 15) has joined a rock band at school, as a singer. She's never been a joiner of groups so I'm hoping she continues.

DD's sister (different mother) came over unexpectedly. The house was a mess, I didn't have my prosthetic breast in, but just decided to go with the flow. We all had a lovely time with some revealing conversation (so glad it came from her sisters' mouth, not mine) and when she left DD hugged me tight and said that she was so happy that I am her mother. My heart could have burst with joy.

#89 NannyPlumPudding

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:10 AM

It's DS's birthday.  We had a lovely breakfast (maccas hash browns lol) after everyone got ready super quick this morning.  We are now back home and the boys are playing nicely together before school.

#90 Ianthe

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:30 AM

I am sitting outside looking at the ocean.

#91 Riotproof

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:17 PM

They got rid of the annoying woman on Good Chef Bad Chef.

#92 Paddlepop

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:19 PM

I managed to get 2 tickets to a free Tim Minchin concert on the Gold Coast next month. :excite:   The tickets were all allocated within minutes of being released so I was lucky that I managed to get them.

Now to find someone who can look after DD for about 8 hours while we travel to the concert and back.

#93 Babetty

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

This thread made me tear up in a good way.

Both my kids are home sick, they managed to agree on a movie to watch together without me yelling.

I've been doing too much yelling today :(

Edited by Babetty, 08 February 2018 - 02:09 PM.

#94 Nobodyelse

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

I'm home alone so I put my headphones on and danced in the dark to Uptown Funk... twice.

#95 dolcengabbana

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

1. My house smells so good (new essential oil mix)
2. I had  great run this morning
3. I had an amazing soup for lunch
4. I got really great feedback about a proposal I put together for work. Good timing I was having a confidence crisis.

#96 seayork2002

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:27 PM

I found out today I went to school with an Olympian

#97 Riotproof

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

Lovely, lovely posts!

#98 NannyPlumPudding

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

I arrived home from shopping to find several packages tucked away. DS is going to be so excited to get them!  (they are for family and we all didn't think they would arrive!)

#99 GlitteryElfFarts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:35 PM

I got the dishes done and benches cleaned with no help.
Other than that, SFA making me happy.

#100 Freddie'sMum

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:45 PM

I have found 2 LOCAL jobs that I will apply for tonight when the kids are in bed.

I have attacked the dishes that were threatening to take over the kitchen.  The kitchen looks semi-respectable.

Both girls ate food for dinner. DD#1 ate the actual meal I cooked and DD#2 was upset and didn't want the meal I cooked and went off and got a banana and weetbix with milk and anything else she will eat.

I have chocolate in the house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.