DD just said

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bendersmum

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

DD is 3 and a half. Completely out of the blue she just said to me in that very earnest way kids say things "Daddy has a big tummy". I'm dying of laughter on the inside and manage to respond with "well ... yes he does but lets not say that to him because it might be a bit hurtful". She comes back with "yeah he ate too much ice cream". Cue more internal laughter from me :laugh: .

I really, really want to tell DH. It's bloody funny but I think it would hurt his feelings a little. She's right, he is working on a fairly solid beer belly and despite my DH being a fairly self-deprecating sort he can be oddly touchy about his tummy.

If she'd have said it about me I still would have thought it was funny and probably would have texted him immediately but I think I'll keep this one to myself (and you lot obvs!).

#2 4lilchicks

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

Kids can be so funny (and painfully honest!).

When I was pregnant with my DS my other DS said "look at Daddys huuuuuggggeeeee belly, I think he has a baby in his belly too!!"

#3 Hands Up

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:47 PM

Tonight my 3.5 year old touched my spotted tshirt and said @that really suits you, mummy”. He’s never said that before!!. I said “thank you darling “ to which he replied earnestly “it’s because it matches your face” accompanied by a sweet smile. I have some bad pimples at the moment. Awesome.

He’s a very kind child but sometimes he really misses the mark!!

#4 Bereckii

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

I love 3yo's!

Last week mine stroked my arms and said "I love the fur under your arms Mummy! It keeps you so snuggly and warm!"

#5 chicken_bits

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:58 PM

Has she been watching Peppa Pig?

#6 RocktonResident

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:59 PM

When my friend was pregnant with her third, she explained to her old kids that she had a big tummy because there was a baby growing in there. Her son then asked

"So why do you have a big butt?"

#7 Cherubs

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:07 PM

Haha kids are gorgeous, my DD and I were in the pool , when she was around 3, and she looked up at me and in absolutely awe, said 'Oh mummy, your moustache is beautiful!' Then "oh Mummy will I have a golden moustache, when I am a big girl!'  It was the sun, and it wasn't noticeable but I got it waxed  that week LOL.

#8 flowermama

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

DD1 once said to DH "I love your big belly, Daddy, it's just like Santa's."  :laugh: He was mortified!

#9 Lifesgood

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

Kids are awesome like that.

Except when they say, quite clearly, 'Mummy that man has a baby in his tummy!' and point at the unsuspecting victim in the supermarket queue.

#10 MissMilla

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

View Post4lilchicks, on 09 February 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Kids can be so funny (and painfully honest!).

When I was pregnant with my DS my other DS said "look at Daddys huuuuuggggeeeee belly, I think he has a baby in his belly too!!"

DS (3years) went up to a random lady in the store once, pointed at her belly and asked if there's a baby in it. She told him no and he went 'why is your belly so big then? My mummy's belly was big when there was a baby in it!'
She ran.. not sure who was more embarrassed, her or me.

#11 FEdeRAL

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:09 PM

OP has your DD been watching Peppa Pig? There was an episode where Peppa use the phrase"Daddy's Big Tummy!" as the password to her treehouse (?IIRC). And there was a couple more episodes I think where daddy pig got fat-shamed.

I have not watched said episode but heard the kids use it once and was told it was a magic phrase from Peppa Pig.

#12 DirtyStreetPie

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:21 PM

My son tells me my feet are dirty.

No, they're just dry and cracked from two years of parenthood-induced neglect. So it's basically his fault they look like that!

He also pretends to shave my legs on a regular basis. It's vaguely insulting. :p

#13 daisy007

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:07 PM

My DS was listening to my tummy with his stethoscope, I asked him what he heard and he replied ‘whale’. I’m pregnant and slightly bigger but certainly not whale sized!

#14 MissMilla

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:11 PM

View Postdaisy007, on 09 February 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

My DS was listening to my tummy with his stethoscope, I asked him what he heard and he replied ‘whale’. I’m pregnant and slightly bigger but certainly not whale sized!

Haha! When I was pregnant with DD my DS had a phase where he would assign animals to family members. After a few times it was pretty obvious that DH and DS were always monkeys, zebras, giraffes, snakes,.. and I got hippo, elephant, whale or pig 😂

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.