Post-natal hemorrhoids and anal sex

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kirra29

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:11 PM

Hi,

Sorry I know this is a very tmi situation but I just wanted to hear other mums experiences. Please don’t quote as I may delete!

Since having my daughter I’ve had hemorrhoids on and off and absolutely hate it. Some of the older ones have left skin tags and they often bleed and get itchy. I’ve had another flare up recently and my dr has put me on some proctosyl ointment to help calm them down then in a few weeks will be removing the skin tags for me.

Before getting pregnant I used to love anal sex 🤭but haven’t even considered trying it since as I’m so scared of hurting myself and am also so embarrassed about how that whole area looks now 😭. Does anyone have any success stories about sex after hemmorhoids or am I doomed? I know it’s not the end of the world but it’s got me feeling pretty low.

Thanks and sorry again for the tmi!

#2 lisajane666

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

Not a lot of help as I wasn’t too keen on Anal sex before kids, but 8 years after my first baby who gave me pretty decent hemoroirds, which required ultrasound treatment while still in hospital.  Anal sex is no longer even an option. Sorry :(

#3 Kirra29

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:32 AM

Yeah, from what little info I can gather from the internet this seems to be common ☹️

#4 alana-banana

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

Kirra29, on 14 February 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

Hi,

Sorry I know this is a very tmi situation but I just wanted to hear other mums experiences. Please don’t quote as I may delete!

Since having my daughter I’ve had hemorrhoids on and off and absolutely hate it. Some of the older ones have left skin tags and they often bleed and get itchy. I’ve had another flare up recently and my dr has put me on some proctosyl ointment to help calm them down then in a few weeks will be removing the skin tags for me.

Before getting pregnant I used to love anal sex 🤭but haven’t even considered trying it since as I’m so scared of hurting myself and am also so embarrassed about how that whole area looks now 😭. Does anyone have any success stories about sex after hemmorhoids or am I doomed? I know it’s not the end of the world but it’s got me feeling pretty low.

Thanks and sorry again for the tmi!

#5 alana-banana

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:13 PM

Hi Kirra,

I have had an ongoing issue with constipation pre-pregnancy which has led to some pretty painful haemoroids. Last time it was so bad that I went to my doctor. He said that any procedure would probably be worse than the actual haemoroids and he suggested to leave it and it would heal over time. I think it took about 6 weeks but it did get better. He recommended that proctocedal ointment. I tried it but found it did sweet FA.

Anyway I was worried about how it would look to my partners but they never said anything and the serving was good!

Hope it all goes great!

Alana banana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.