Could this be a pregnancy related body change?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrsG2

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:31 PM

This is going to sound weird.....Before falling pregnant I was a very small 48-49kg. I gained a heap of weight during my pregnancy for a number of reasons and at my heaviest I  was about 69kg. Now, 10months postpartum I am 50kg. The past few weeks I’ve been having massive issues with an extremely painful tailbone, almost like it’s broken but I didn’t injure myself...my tailbone is also protruding out a fair bit (sounds so weird)). Is possible that this is a post pregnancy body change? How strange.. I do carry around my 10kg DS a lot (Velcro bub ).. maybe that has caused this ? Has anyone had similar ?

Edited by MrsG2, 21 February 2018 - 08:32 PM.

#2 Ozquoll

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:41 PM

I think it quite likely that hours of carrying a bub who weighs 20% of your body weight is the cause of your troubles 😮 . Get thee to a GP or physio asap....

#3 Jingleflea

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:42 PM

I know someone who broke her tailbone during the birth of one of her babies. Has it been sore since the birth?

I'd get it checked out seeing as it's painful.

#4 MrsG2

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:51 PM

I don’t think so, I only started feeling major pain recently.. but I’m usually running around and so busy I wouldn’t notice minor issues. All the weight gain While pregnant caused me to have major pelvic girdle pain as my body really couldn’t handle all the extra weight on my frame..  I’m wondering if losing all the weight now has exposed a tailbone that had to stick out to carry that extra weight ? Gosh I must sound ridiculous here.. I’ll get it checked out but I’m embarrassed

#5 rosie28

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

I’ve had a problematic tailbone since having my eldest. It hurts if I try to do sit-ups or similar movements, and sometimes when I’m sitting. My Physio says it’s quite common.

#6 Lou-bags

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:49 PM

My pregnancy with DS2 stuffed my tailbone- but the pain began in pregnancy (and persists, 17 mo later- especially if I’ve been sitting a while.

I think the visit to a physio is a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.